[N/A] Snow Day!!

California getting hit with a blizzard in the mountains and its headed east. Here we go again.

It's a BAD one, but it's warm.

No snow (yet, but it may be coming shortly), but rain up to 15 inches in spots, over a weekend. SFO is seeing 51 knot gusts and is a total mess. Several locations in the coastal mountains and the Sierra Nevada are under flash flood watches.

We had a very good snow several days ago, and today's the first day above freezing in a while. Wonderful sunny day today, and warmer tomorrow. Of course, that's bringing forecasts of some very high winds.

IMG_9787.JPG

I got to fly through snow for the first time yesterday. Oh wait, this thread was NA. My bad. ;)

Got our high winds, for sure! Many folks report poor sleep since it was 30-50 mph all night. I half-dreamed there were animals fighting on the roof - elk, in fact.
Current local metars:
KLMO 091912Z AUTO 25023G40KT 10SM CLR 17/00 A2960 RMK AO2 T01650000
KBDU 091916Z AUTO 26034G47KT 10SM CLR 13/00 A2961 RMK AO2
KBJC 091855Z 24031G42KT 50SM FEW080 BKN160 15/M01 A2964 RMK LLWAS

18 inches yesterday. A jackpot. Light and fluffy. Drifts to 3 feet. About 10 degrees right now. Winter just starting and I hate this already.

You must be down in the Cape area... they got hit pretty hard.

And, agreed... ready for spring.

Snowed this past weekend. This coming Friday the forecast high is 71. Gotta love it.

50* today, and high 60s rest of the week here Cajun. Just saying. ;) :D

No way! I lived south of the mason-dixon for 30 years... don't miss it. I love having actual seasons now and being able to go outside in the summer. I just wish winter was a bit shorter.

No way! I lived south of the mason-dixon for 30 years... don't miss it. I love having actual seasons now and being able to go outside in the summer. I just wish winter was a bit shorter.

Grew up in the snow belt and then lived in mid-state NY for many years, endured lows as low as -30. I'm totally done with that and perfectly happy to have moderate winters.

Six inches of the heavy wet stuff overnight followed by freezing drizzle but the temp is going to 42 today so it wont last long (I hope).

A few years ago we had almost three feet of snow here in one night. The school was still open the next morning. So was everything else. The various road crews and private plow guys just started plowing when the snow started, and kept plowing until it stopped. The rest of us who are too cheap self-reliant to use commercial plow services got up early and fired up our snow blowers. The faint din of snow blower engines interrupted the otherwise quiet morning in Sparrow Fart that day.

I actually chuckled as I drove past the school on the way to the Post Office. Those poor kids never get snow days.

Rich

Back