My new audio panel: PMA450B

Martin Pauly

Line Up and Wait
PoA Supporter
Display Name

Display name:
Martin Pauly
My PMA8000BT wasn't bad, but those of you who have already upgraded to a PMA450B know how much easier things get with the display and line select keys, and how nice the spatial audio ("IntelliAudio") is when trying to listen to two radios at once. For the rest of you, here is my video summary, showing the installation (less than three minutes!) and flight test. And: PS Engineering allowed me to bring my camera into their buildings on a recent visit to Knoxville, TN, to show you how these audio panels are built.

For the flight portion, I recommend you listen with headphones to really experience the spatial audio. It's pretty amazing how all of a sudden you can clearly understand the radio transmission.

I watched and commented on your video earlier. I have the 450A, love it! I know the 450B adds another bluetooth receiver and some other capabilities, but I'm very happy with the 450A and don't really feel like I need to upgrade. I love the screen user interface. Makes changing audio inputs and mute modes so easy to change. I have nothing but good to say about my PS450A!

This is one video I’m not going to watch. I don’t NEED a new audio panel, but I might after I watch this. It’s an expensive video.

My PMA8000BT wasn't bad, but those of you who have already upgraded to a PMA450B know how much easier things get with the display and line select keys, and how nice the spatial audio ("IntelliAudio") is when trying to listen to two radios at once. For the rest of you, here is my video summary, showing the installation (less than three minutes!) and flight test. And: PS Engineering allowed me to bring my camera into their buildings on a recent visit to Knoxville, TN, to show you how these audio panels are built.

For the flight portion, I recommend you listen with headphones to really experience the spatial audio. It's pretty amazing how all of a sudden you can clearly understand the radio transmission.

So what did you do with your old Pma8000BT, I might be interested in it? I currently have a G340 which is just a slip in exchange. I used to have a King Kma20. One of the capabilities of that old unit was the ability to listen with my headset to one com, and the other com I could send to the plane’s speaker. This can’t be done with the G340 but I was hoping it can be done with the 8000BT. This in essence works like the spacial separation of the new 450B, though admittedly without the elegance and other nifty features you explained in your video.

I have the 450A, love it! I know the 450B adds another bluetooth receiver and some other capabilities, but I'm very happy with the 450A and don't really feel like I need to upgrade. I love the screen user interface. Makes changing audio inputs and mute modes so easy to change. I have nothing but good to say about my PS450A!
That makes perfect sense. From the 450A to the 450B is a relatively small step, and if you don't need the second Bluetooth input, I'd probably make the same decision.

- Martin

Back