My daughter just got hired by Mesa Airlines

Yep. Just yesterday she was spittin' up on the living room floor while rolling around on her blankie. Just look at her now. :sigh:

Her identical twin is a bank teller for Wells Fargo in Phoenix and graduates this Monday, also with the same crappy degree that I paid for.

And be like all those other pretentious blowhards? Nah, I'll keep flying my Cherokee. ;)

Does this mean her family gets to fly for free? Cool deal, Pops! And congrats on the two grads with jobs.

My daughter got the psych degree as well...she runs guard/instructor training for three county swimming pools.

Does this mean her family gets to fly for free? Cool deal, Pops! And congrats on the two grads with jobs.

Standby and I'd rather pay for an assigned seat rather than play roulette with the seating. And thanks, something went right with their upbringing which surprises me.

Mesa is a feeder for American so hopefully she'll get where she wants in the big iron. She's wanted to do this since she went up with me in my plane the first time. It was a shock to me as I had no idea but I KNEW she wasn't going to actually "use" her degree for anything. I can't fault her much though, I don't use my HR degree either but then again, I didn't get my degree on someone else's dime. One of those "welcome to being a parent" moments.

A Psych degree might be quite useful for both of them given some of the customers they probably have to deal with. If not, well they can team up and analyse Dad. ;)

Well, at least it wasn’t a degree in Art Appreciation or Underwater Basket Weaving. ;) Still, I also know a couple of psych grads working in fields far from psychology. By the way, even as much as I poke fun at them, I think a job as a FA is much better than working in a coffee shop or restaurant which are full of college grads. She’ll be fine.

Got a cousin that has a degree in psych. Worked for about 6 months at the Behavioral Research Institute in Rhode Island for about 6 months in the early 90's. Since then she's done mostly telemarketing stuff on and off.

Nice.

I have one heading off for a journalism degree. I'm pretty sure she's not going to work as a journalist, so we'll see what she does with it once she graduates.

Hey, this is awesome news. She has to be excited. I could be wrong, but I think that's the kind of job I'd like.

I actually have a good friend who has a psychology degree. He has bounced from job to job, but is actually doing pretty well at a startup company now.

I’ve always said...if your a pretty girl, you got it easy in this world. Just find a nice successful guy to marry and your set.

I always though that being a flight attendant had all the bad parts of being an airline pilot with none of the good. But diff'rent strokes. Good for her if that's what she wants to do.

Some old Greek guy opined centuries ago that education for a woman is "a refuge in adversity, an ornament in prosperity, and a solace in old age." Not sure it applies to what passes for education now, but a degree, any degree, seems to be the gatekeeper for myriad jobs in our current culture.

Yep. Just yesterday she was spittin' up on the living room floor while rolling around on her blankie. Just look at her now. :sigh:

My girls (fraternal twins) are 3.5 now, and I keep on fearing that I'm going to blink and they'll be out of the house. They're so much fun right now, a real riot and make every day fun. So does my son, of course, but in a different way. The girls have a dynamic that is just incredible to watch.

Congrats to her getting hired on as a FA, hope that she enjoys it.

I’ve always said...if your a pretty girl, you got it easy in this world. Just find a nice successful guy to marry and your set.

However, for the guys....

A pretty woman makes her husband look small
And very often causes his downfall.
As soon as he marries her, then she starts
To do the things that will break his heart,
But if you make an ugly woman your wife,
You'll be happy for the rest of your life,
An ugly woman cooks her meals on time,
She'll always give you peace of mind.

If you wanna be happy
For the rest of your life,
Never make a pretty woman your wife,
So from my personal point of view,
Get an ugly girl to marry you.

If you wanna be happy
And save the pretty one for the weekends? :p

If you wanna be happy

I used to work with a guy who had that exact philosophy and said that's why he married the woman he did.

We haven't heard the rest of the story. Is she his ex-wife? ;)

Back