Mulligans new Cirrus SR22 in production

If you're going to Rick Roll someone, BE SURE to hide the link.

I called Cirrus, they said if you ever Pull the chute it will just play this song over your headset the whole way down

Ok, so I started this thread in a lame attempt to Rick Roll you all. And then an email showed up with an actual production shot so I figured I would share and keep the updates coming throughout the process. Hope you enjoy

Mission accomplished.

Gawd what a shetty color Mully! Why you painting it like a Navy plane?

Moving in down the line

8e93c948ed859943111b2981bd5e56ec.jpg

Tailwheel? What the... :)

On another note -- interesting the panel that's open on the first shot and closed on the second appears to be an attach point for the chute, right?

These are pretty cool to see...keep em coming as you are getting them!

Mully are you attending the factory school for checkout while you're waiting (for the chute no doubt), Duluth I believe, or are you gonna get checked out by your local CFI? And, a little birdie told me you're bravely gonna go w/o an AOA!

Mully are you attending the factory school for checkout while you're waiting (for the chute no doubt), Duluth I believe, or are you gonna get checked out by your local CFI? And, a little birdie told me you're bravely gonna go w/o an AOA!

They opened the delivery center in Knoxville, TN. Delivery day is 3/20 followed by three day CSIP transition training. Should get weekly picture updates!!

They opened the delivery center in Knoxville, TN. Delivery day is 3/20 followed by three day CSIP transition training. Should get weekly picture updates!!

So factory 3 day course in Knoxville? Cool.

Awesome photos, Mulligan! Congrats! Love seeing the Cirrus and the channel in the fuselage for the kevlar tether for the CAPS system. I had wondered where those tethers were anchored and hidden!

Nice. March 20 is also a very good date. All the best for and your Cirrus... :)

So cool. I like the weekly update pictures. Wish our RV10 project's progress would be as fast...

So cool...wish I could be an engineer for them...that would be fun

So cool...wish I could be an engineer for them...that would be fun

Interestingly, about a year ago a Cirrus salesman said that the company has only have about three engineers working on the piston planes. It had many dozens working on the jet.

This was at a fly-in event, in response to a question about the prospects for major changes in the piston planes. The suggestion, based on the small number of engineers, was that future changes would be modest.

So, if you did get a job with Cirrus working on piston planes, you would be on a very small team.

Interestingly, about a year ago a Cirrus salesman said that the company has only have about three engineers working on the piston planes. It had many dozens working on the jet.

This was at a fly-in event, in response to a question about the prospects for major changes in the piston planes. The suggestion, based on the small number of engineers, was that future changes would be modest.

So, if you did get a job with Cirrus working on piston planes, you would be on a very small team.

Interesting...I'm sure they are some damn good engineers though. That has to be a very coveted position.

Interesting...I'm sure they are some damn good engineers though. That has to be a very coveted position.

Cirrus posts job fairs all the time in their Facebook page. Maybe you should like the page and see what pops up?

Back