Mulligans new Cirrus SR22 in production

Congrats. My ex partner picked up his new 22T on the 13th.

Are you going to the Knoxville CPPP in May?

The engine break in is complete, the oil has been changed, and I got to use the LOP settings for the first time. I used the cyan target to LOP -50 and an getting numbers exactly where I want to be for Power, Fuel Flow, CHT, and EGT. I am trading 6 gallons per hour and less engine wear for 10 knots on the 1.5 to 2.0 hour legs unless I need to get there. Here are shots from 5,000 and 9,000 to see where the numbers land.

f70ea3a0692f0a06a6711a92d9a77134.jpg

03e034bac693d71510b2068e51139ef6.jpg

Great pictures. Congrats man - that's a beautiful airplane!

No steam gauges. Tsk tsk. LOL

Speaking of steam, on the way to BTR Thursday, was a little chilly up there so I turned the cabin heat on. About 30 seconds later the windows completely fogged up and I couldn't see a thing. First time that has ever happened to me. Lesson learned, when making cabin temp adjustments, don't do close to approach. Lol

We do simulated engine failure training in real airplanes, there is no reason to u learn to use CAPS in a simulator. Unfair

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Did you log that as 'actual' ?

Unfortunately I have enough actual. On a recent flight to KFXE we cloud surfed the entire 3.5 hour trip. Basically wheel pants in the cloud but clear visibility above. The CSIP I was flying with said we get to log it all as actual since we were less than 500 feet. I laughed. Didn't log it as actual except for the 45 minutes that we were actually in actual.

Where is the pin for CAPS? Most keep it on the dash. The new Perspective keypad is nice but do you like the QWERTY setup? Like the COM text ID for the active frequency the older G1000 doesn't have that. Notice you don't have the inset up on the PFD.

Are you still below 25 hrs break-in? If so, you should be running the plane over 75% power all the time. Did the factory tell you about that? Make sure you get the 25 hr oil change too. The break-in oil is not really oil.

Where is the pin for CAPS? Most keep it on the dash. The new Perspective keypad is nice but do you like the QWERTY setup? Like the COM text ID for the active frequency the older G1000 doesn't have that. Notice you don't have the inset up on the PFD.

Are you still below 25 hrs break-in? If so, you should be running the plane over 75% power all the time. Did the factory tell you about that? Make sure you get the 25 hr oil change too. The break-in oil is not really oil.

Set the pin on the seat for the picture. Put it back when done.

Love the QWERTY.

I take the inset off so I can use the AOA when landing. Don't need it as everything in the inset is situationally redundant.

Break-in and oil change have already been complete.

I keep the pin on my keychain that way if I'm flying the pin has to be out

Set the pin on the seat for the picture. Put it back when done.

Love the QWERTY.

I take the inset off so I can use the AOA when landing. Don't need it as everything in the inset is situationally redundant.

Break-in and oil change have already been complete.

The inset has ADS-B traffic on it so it is pretty useful I have found. The AOA should appear next to your IAS does yours sit in the lower left corner where the inset is normally?

The engine break in is complete, the oil has been changed, and I got to use the LOP settings for the first time. I used the cyan target to LOP -50 and an getting numbers exactly where I want to be for Power, Fuel Flow, CHT, and EGT. I am trading 6 gallons per hour and less engine wear for 10 knots on the 1.5 to 2.0 hour legs unless I need to get there. Here are shots from 5,000 and 9,000 to see where the numbers land.

f70ea3a0692f0a06a6711a92d9a77134.jpg

03e034bac693d71510b2068e51139ef6.jpg

Awesome panel. Same numbers I get on the Velocity. 2550 RPM at that altitude generally yields 162 KTAS.

Enjoy the plane!

Speaking of steam, on the way to BTR Thursday, was a little chilly up there so I turned the cabin heat on. About 30 seconds later the windows completely fogged up and I couldn't see a thing. First time that has ever happened to me. Lesson learned, when making cabin temp adjustments, don't do close to approach. Lol

Are they going to add that to the simulator scenarios for CAPS training? :D

Keep up the posts, I am finding following along might become addictive!
Enjoy!!

Back