Motivator for those how are thinking about getting into Flying

Jakey

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Jakey
Leonardo da Vinci once said:
“Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return.”
It's true...

Yes, but he read it in Bernoulli's blog, and that was probably inspired by a viral TikTok video Archimedes had posted.

No, if you do the research, Bernoulli just copied the ideas straight over from Newton's blog on the same site and changed the words a little. There's a whole civil lawsuit out there somewhere on the two of them going back and forth over who owns the idea. Personally, I think Newton got there first, but I don't really have a dog in that fight.

Washington could have said that, during his speech for the first air mail delivery.
https://www.nj.com/gloucester-county/towns/2010/01/jean-pierre_blanchards_balloon.html
You mean Washington and the Continental Army didn’t take over the airports
Airports were after the war :)
See link above.

Leonardo da Vinci once said:
“Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return.”

You didn't publish the full quote...you left off the "It tastes like chicken" part. :rolleyes:

Here's a motivator for getting into flying. Some may have seen this. I love the boy's interview at the end:

Back