Moron Pilots Dangerous?

This is not going to be a popular topic with many, I know we have a few stupid pilots on here. Please don't take offense, I respect your knowledge and experience, but at what point should some morons stop flying?

At what point should some morons start flying?

who has a poster with a picture of a median? :confused:

800px-N11_dual-carriageway_median_barrier.jpg

Those morons are all driving on the wrong side of the road :hairraise:

I've been voting for letting the morons kill themselves in NTSB reports, but that method is less popular.

I'm okay with that, except when they take others with them. For example, that doctor pilot who killed his wife and two of his kids, then several years later killed himself and his new wife, while the one remaining son was in both crashes. Seriously no one stopped him.

Sniff-sniff. I can't tell you what an honor this is. One whole thread all about -- ME!!!

woohooo!!!

Those morons are all driving on the wrong side of the road :hairraise:

And the drivers are sitting on the wrong side of the car. Careful when crossing the street. You'll try and stare down the passenger, and I can tell you that has no effect whatsoever. Take it from a moron who tried once. :D

And the drivers are sitting on the wrong side of the car. Careful when crossing the street. You'll try and stare down the passenger, and I can tell you that has no effect whatsoever. Take it from a moron who tried once. :D

Actually, they are in the correct side of the car for the country, towards the center of the road. Where it's a nightmare is in Caribbean countries that drive left with cars imported from the US where you drive from the curb side. This means in order to pass, you are all the way out in the oncoming lane before you see oncoming traffic, this has caused me more than one :hairraise: moment...:rofl:

I'm okay with that, except when they take others with them. For example, that doctor pilot who killed his wife and two of his kids, then several years later killed himself and his new wife, while the one remaining son was in both crashes. Seriously no one stopped him.

How should he have been stopped?

Voyager 1. It achieved escape velocity from the solar system last summer. It will not be returning.

Voyager 1. It achieved escape velocity from the solar system last summer. It will not be returning.

Agreed....:yes:..

It was one of the first deep space probes with limited engineering to overcome the extremes of space flight... like -460f temps and it is still going....:yesnod:..

Most, it not all newer NASA probes with supposably superior engineering have failed miserably........

Anyone have an opinion on that ?:dunno:..........:confused:

I don't think "moron" is the right word. Geniuses have been known to make mistakes now and then... and the mentally deficient among us can often accomplish great things with enough discipline.

I think "careless" and "rusty" are perhaps more apt. The latter is only curable by more flying, the former is generally a lifelong condition.

But think about how many people here... normally very competent and diligent pilots have posted about making mistakes that could have lead to disaster if things had gone wrong. It's best to stay on your toes and worry about not doing anything wrong yourself because you have no control of the airplanes you're not flying.

Actually, they are in the correct side of the car for the country, towards the center of the road. Where it's a nightmare is in Caribbean countries that drive left with cars imported from the US where you drive from the curb side. This means in order to pass, you are all the way out in the oncoming lane before you see oncoming traffic, this has caused me more than one :hairraise: moment...:rofl:
US and British VI come to mind here. Yes, they drive on the left in the USVI. We were told years ago that they tried driving on the right in the USVI. The experiment ended quickly when the accident rate spiked. You just get used to doing things certain ways.

Not like Sweden where they drove on the left until they decided to change. Shut the roads down one weekend, redid the markings and signs and started driving on the right on Monday. I can only imagine how long that took to get used to. They didn't go back.

US and British VI come to mind here. Yes, they drive on the left in the USVI. We were told years ago that they tried driving on the right in the USVI. The experiment ended quickly when the accident rate spiked. You just get used to doing things certain ways.

Not like Sweden where they drove on the left until they decided to change. Shut the roads down one weekend, redid the markings and signs and started driving on the right on Monday. I can only imagine how long that took to get used to. They didn't go back.

I would guess on average it took 2 weeks for people to get comfortable swapping sides, that's about what it took for me in Australia. The biggest trick was re judging where the left front corner was in tight situations and having those panic attacks looking over my shoulder on right turns thinking someone is going to cream me from behind. The only enduring issue was driving down the wrong side of the lane in parking lots, but as soon as someone was oncoming it was clear again, and also trying get in the wrong side of the car at gas stations. I was still doing that to the day I left lol.

I would guess on average it took 2 weeks for people to get comfortable swapping sides, that's about what it took for me in Australia. The biggest trick was re judging where the left front corner was in tight situations and having those panic attacks looking over my shoulder on right turns thinking someone is going to cream me from behind. The only enduring issue was driving down the wrong side of the lane in parking lots, but as soon as someone was oncoming it was clear again, and also trying get in the wrong side of the car at gas stations. I was still doing that to the day I left lol.

Note that in downtown Sydney, they actually have arrows and little signs at the crosswalks that say "look right" for the benefit of the Americans.

It took me a few days to adjust to the driving too.

Note that in downtown Sydney, they actually have arrows and little signs at the crosswalks that say "look right" for the benefit of the Americans.

It took me a few days to adjust to the driving too.

Same in London, which incidentally was the first place I drove on the left.:eek:

It was one of the first deep space probes with limited engineering to overcome the extremes of space flight... like -460f temps and it is still going....:yesnod:..

It helps to have nuclear power on board. ;)

I don't know why we are all discussing anything at all about the FAA allowing morons to fly.

Only one super-human is allowed to comment on such things, the Almighty Chief Counsel.

They have signs along the Great Ocean Road at all the scenic lookouts reminding drivers that they drive on the left in Australia. I had never seen those signs anywhere else.

I know what you mean about re-learning where the corners of the car are located. I've also tried to shift the arm rest more than once. BTW, it doesn't work. :D

My sister returned home from two years in England, pulled out of a shopping center and began driving down the left side of the road. OOPS!

Definition of "Moron Pilot" = Any pilot who is not as awesome a pilot as I am.

Back