Moron Pilots Dangerous?

Capt. Geoffrey Thorpe

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Light and Sporty Guy
This is not going to be a popular topic with many, I know we have a few stupid pilots on here. Please don't take offense, I respect your knowledge and experience, but at what point should some morons stop flying?

We know that flight reviews don't work because instructors do not do their job - that's why we need medicals. But how consistently does the medical evaluation turn up the fact that particular individuals are dimwits? I have to believe that we need much better screening. What is the FAA doing about this?

I hope we're not going into the light sport debate again.

I take offense to you taking offense to this offensive thread.

I'm offended by you "taking" offense to someone else "taking" offense. Get yer own damn offense and stop taking other's. 'kay?

I'm offended by you "taking" offense to someone else "taking" offense. Get yer own damn offense and stop taking other's. 'kay?

Don't be so DEFENSIVE!

To the OP, if all the "morons" leave, there's only going to be 2 posters to keep this board alive:lol:

Without moron pilots who would fly planes for a living?

This is not going to be a popular topic with many, I know we have a few stupid pilots on here. Please don't take offense, I respect your knowledge and experience, but at what point should some morons stop flying?

We know that flight reviews don't work because instructors do not do their job - that's why we need medicals. But how consistently does the medical evaluation turn up the fact that particular individuals are dimwits? I have to believe that we need much better screening. What is the FAA doing about this?

I'd be pretty lonely without you.

Upon their death. Morons have the same inalienable right of pursuit of happiness as a genius. I m all for providing them every opportunity of removing themselves from the gene pool.

Half of the people posting on this thread are dumber than the average poster.

Half of the people posting on this thread are dumber than the average poster.

Nope. Half of the people posting on this thread are dumber than the median poster.

Nope. Half of the people posting on this thread are dumber than the median poster.

who has a poster with a picture of a median? :confused:

800px-N11_dual-carriageway_median_barrier.jpg

This is a stupid thread, the subject is close to obsolete. If the FAA does not run off all of the active GA pilots due to excessive and redundant regulation, in order to make space for drones, automation soon will.

My guess is that within the next few decades, most all of private and public transportation will be fully automated, all you do is get on board and tell the contraption where you want to go.

Pilots are headed the same direction elevator operators went years ago.

-John

HEY! I WAS RAISED MORON

Once I got out into the world on my own, I have become and Apathist.:rolleyes2:

Re: HEY! I WAS RAISED MORON

Once I got out into the world on my own, I have become and Apathist.:rolleyes2:

I would tell you there is a typo in your post, but I'm guessing you
(a) don't care and, (b) won't fix it.

Re: HEY! I WAS RAISED MORON

I would tell you there is a typo in your post, but I'm guessing you
(a) don't care and, (b) won't fix it.

Aww c'mon. Try me.

Sometimes the Morons survive simply because they don't know they are supposed to be dead. :yikes:

The OP asks an interesting question. Multiple studies have indicated that IQ peaks in your late 20s, then starts a steady decline. So there is indeed a strong correlation between advanced age and decreased mental ability. Senility is an insidious foe. Combined with decreased mobility, this is indeed a killer.

To the OP, thank you for posing this question and for your support. Happy flying in your diminished capacity as a sport pilot!

:lol:

Upon their death. Morons have the same inalienable right of pursuit of happiness as a genius. I m all for providing them every opportunity of removing themselves from the gene pool.

Yeah, but they wreck perfectly good airplanes doing it.

Dan

Back