Money not being a deciding factor...210 vs Cherokee 6/toga

I’ve flown the PA-32 and many versions of the 210. The 210R and T210R are great airplanes. I never liked the P210s, they flew stiff and heavy in my opinion. Hopefully I’ll get to fly an A36 soon. They sure look good sitting on the ramp. The Romeo 210s are in my top five favorite airplanes. I would love to have your problem!

I’ve flown the PA-32 and many versions of the 210. The 210R and T210R are great airplanes. I never liked the P210s, they flew stiff and heavy in my opinion. Hopefully I’ll get to fly an A36 soon. They sure look good sitting on the ramp. The Romeo 210s are in my top five favorite airplanes. I would love to have your problem!

It's so bothersome to travel commercial to the places I go. none of the commercial flights I take regularly are more than 2 hours. But You have to get to the air port 2 hours prior, the airport is 1 hour from the house, then when you land etc. so a 2 hour flight turns in to a 8 hour ordeal. Not to mention, You have to wake up at 4am to make your 7am flight, then on the way back, the plane leaves at midnight, lol

I am also lucky I don't have to leave at a certain time, no get there-itis here.

It's so bothersome to travel commercial to the places I go. none of the commercial flights I take regularly are more than 2 hours. But You have to get to the air port 2 hours prior, the airport is 1 hour from the house, then when you land etc. so a 2 hour flight turns in to a 8 hour ordeal. Not to mention, You have to wake up at 4am to make your 7am flight, then on the way back, the plane leaves at midnight, lol

I am also lucky I don't have to leave at a certain time, no get there-itis here.

Reading this, nodding, while waiting for my commercial flight from StL to Phx wishing I had flown the Lance instead.

So, coming from a 177RG, how does the cabin width compare in an A36? One thing I love about my 177RG is the massively wide cabin at something like 48". It makes fitting two wide people in the front a non-issue and we all have plenty of shoulder room and "leg sprawling out" room. Whats the cabin width like in a Bo A36?

So, coming from a 177RG, how does the cabin width compare in an A36? One thing I love about my 177RG is the massively wide cabin at something like 48". It makes fitting two wide people in the front a non-issue and we all have plenty of shoulder room and "leg sprawling out" room. Whats the cabin width like in a Bo A36?
PA32 is 49 inches. I think an A36 is 40. There's a reason an A36 is faster than a PA32. The dimensions are the biggest.

PA32 is 49 inches. I think an A36 is 40. There's a reason an A36 is faster than a PA32. The dimensions are the biggest.
The A36 cabin is 42" wide.

No question, the seating in the PA32 is more spacious. But you'll also spend more time in those seats.

- Martin

This is one thing about the Cardinal that really keeps me from "upgrading" to a larger airplane.....its crazy wide cabin at 48", and the roundness of the door bulging also gives more hip room.

This is one thing about the Cardinal that really keeps me from "upgrading" to a larger airplane.....its crazy wide cabin at 48", and the roundness of the door bulging also gives more hip room.

what kind of cruise you can do at full rental power?

lol wut? This thing looks smaller than a 172
img.axd

I found this interesting posting regarding the width of different single engine aircraft. The italicized content below is from this link
The range of cabin sizes in the SE piston market is between 38 and 50 inches. That is a full 12 inches / 30 cm difference between the smallest and the widest cabin. What I found very interesting is that some cabins which are said to be spacy are in fact narrower than others which are said to be tiny. But here are the most popular types:

The Cessna 150 is the tightest with 38 inches/96 cm.

The Cessna 172 and 152 according to Cessna’s website is 40 inches / 102 cm wide.

The Grumman AA5 is 41 inches / 104 cm wide.

The Cessna 182, PA28 and Bonanzas have 42 inch/107 cm cabin widths

The Cessna 206/210 has 43 inches/109 cm

The Mooney cabin is 43.5 inches/110 cm wide.

Next in the close ball park is the Piper Saratoga/Seneca cabin with 48.25 inches and the Corvalis with 48 inches/122 cm.

Next are the Malibu with 49.6 inches / 126 cm followed closely by the Cirrus SR20/22 with 49 inches/125 cm.

The widest single engine cabin are found: In the TB9/10/20/21. According to specs the cabin is 50.3 inches / 128 cm wide.

I must say I was fairly surprised by some of these figures. Especcially Cessna’s singles had me fooled, I thought them to be wider than both the PA28 and certainly the Mooney. Also on the top end, the Socata series beats all the rest, however within very small margins.

So basically, we have two “cathegories” so to speak, the “wide bodies” between 50 and 48 inches which include the TB series, Cirrus, Corvalis and the 6 seated Malibus and Saratoga. They all are within 2 inches / 5 cm.

The narrow bodies are lead by Mooney, followed by the large Cessnas (210/206) and then by the Bonanza, Cessna 182 and Piper Cherokee/Arrow with 43.5 to 42 inches, again with a very small margin of 4 cm.

Tail end Charlies are the AA5, C172/152 and finally the C150 which are 41 and 38 inches wide

I found this interesting posting regarding the width of different single engine aircraft. The italicized content below is from this link
The range of cabin sizes in the SE piston market is between 38 and 50 inches. That is a full 12 inches / 30 cm difference between the smallest and the widest cabin. What I found very interesting is that some cabins which are said to be spacy are in fact narrower than others which are said to be tiny. But here are the most popular types:

The Cessna 172 and 152 according to Cessna’s website is 40 inches / 102 cm wide.

The Grumman AA5 is 41 inches / 104 cm wide.

The Cessna 182, PA28 and Bonanzas have 42 inch/107 cm cabin widths

The Cessna 206/210 has 43 inches/109 cm

The Mooney cabin is 43.5 inches/110 cm wide.

Next in the close ball park is the Piper Saratoga/Seneca cabin with 48.25 inches and the Corvalis with 48 inches/122 cm.

Next are the Malibu with 49.6 inches / 126 cm followed closely by the Cirrus SR20/22 with 49 inches/125 cm.

The widest single engine cabin are found: In the TB9/10/20/21. According to specs the cabin is 50.3 inches / 128 cm wide.

I must say I was fairly surprised by some of these figures. Especcially Cessna’s singles had me fooled, I thought them to be wider than both the PA28 and certainly the Mooney. Also on the top end, the Socata series beats all the rest, however within very small margins.

So basically, we have two “cathegories” so to speak, the “wide bodies” between 50 and 48 inches which include the TB series, Cirrus, Corvalis and the 6 seated Malibus and Saratoga. They all are within 2 inches / 5 cm.

The narrow bodies are lead by Mooney, followed by the large Cessnas (210/206) and then by the Bonanza, Cessna 182 and Piper Cherokee/Arrow with 43.5 to 42 inches, again with a very small margin of 4 cm.

Tail end Charlies are the AA5, C172/152 and finally the C150 which are 41 and 38 inches wide

well I’ll be

I tell you what the pa 46 may be that wide but you have to go through a birthing canal to reach the left hand seat

[...]

[...]

That source is all wet with regard to the C-150 and C-152. The 152 cabin is not the same in width as a 172. The 152 cabin is identical to the 1967 150G and all later 150s, with a maximum width of 35" at the lower window line. Earlier 150s were three inches narrower, until the 150G introduced cabin doors that bowed outward an inch and a half each.

C152 CABIN.jpeg

Since speed is the most important thing:
SR22T>TN Bo>T210>PA32

If comfort is on the consideration list, as well as ease of pax loading, PA-33 comes to the top.

My MIL has two knee replacements and the rear entry door is supersimple for her and makes any luggage/cargo easy, too.

If comfort is on the consideration list, as well as ease of pax loading, PA-33 comes to the top.

My MIL has two knee replacements and the rear entry door is supersimple for her and makes any luggage/cargo easy, too.
What’s a PA-33?

Sight picture on final from a PA32. Not sure what @MBDiagMan is smoking.

View attachment 110394

Haven’t smoked anything since I got out of the Army 51 years ago. Gave up cigarettes forever. Your picture gives a great view from where your camera was located. Was it located at the same position as your eyes? I’m 6’1” and I didn’t have that view.

Back