Midwest POA Janebruary Lunch February 3, 2024 1200 EST Rick's Boatyard KEYE

Just drove up to KEYE. Will be at the FBO waiting on y’all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

84f03b60d830ef96d7280e0e1adcec28.jpg

Sorry I was late, I departed VFR and wasn’t prepared for IFR so I went back to UGN, added some fuel and then filed IFR to get there. And now my tire was flat on the taxiway, added some air and she made it. I need a new tire or tube o_O

Jim… thanks for organizing. How many made it in? Here in CBUS they said for the month of Jan we have had 75% of the days WITHOUT sun! :incazzato:

Jim… thanks for organizing. How many made it in? Here in CBUS they said for the month of Jan we have had 75% of the days WITHOUT sun! :incazzato:
Myself, masloki, n4984r, and m&m (2 hours late :p). It was clear down here, but solid about 10mi north of EYE.

Last edited:
Is that all for a homebuilt? :D

I've never thought of using vinyl siding. But dammit now my gears are turning...

“Experimental…”

I got a popup IFR clearance from Chicago Approach, what?! On the handoff to MKE approach, they didn’t actually have the clearance on file. Hmm.

Weird weather. Like Jim said, 10 miles away - socked in. I shot an approach to minimums at home and it is clear and a million 10 miles away here too.

IMG_5799.jpeg

@eman1200 landing at BQ1. Listen closely and you can hear anti-aircraft fire on short final and flare:

If POA had a “dislike” button, there’d be less need for personal attacks on public figures like you, and easier on the mods…you suck, with your BBQ and warm weather.
Full disclosure, there are patio heaters. But at 55 degrees today, we had to shed layers when they turned on :)

If POA had a “dislike” button, there’d be less need for personal attacks on public figures like you, and easier on the mods…you suck, with your BBQ and warm weather.

if it makes you feel better we had one of those uneven tables that wobbled a little bit. "so it wasn't all unicorns and cocaine."

if it makes you feel better we had one of those uneven tables that wobbled a little bit. "so it wasn't all unicorns and cocaine."
But there was that blonde (that I didn't notice until you pointed her out).

A middle finger emoji would work too

Probably a good thing I didn’t make it out. Tried to fly Sunday and had a bad mag. Might of joined in on the ramp fun, changing out a mag on the ramp! :nonod:

Darn, I wish I was current so I could get in on something like this. Of course then I'd need to get an IPC or I'd be stuck under that layer over Chicago!

Darn, I wish I was current so I could get in on something like this. Of course then I'd need to get an IPC or I'd be stuck under that layer over Chicago!
Probably about time to do one in Chicago again. Those are usually the best attended.

Not this weekend. This weekend is looking like it'll be gorgeous, so we should fly somewhere else...

Yeah...Lambert's...it's a restaurant.

The rolls are f'n amazing. If it's busy, you'll spend half your time trying to get them to throw one at you. The rest of the food is....okayish. Price is commensurate with the quantity moreso than the quality, and the quantity is a lot.

The kids like it for the novelty factor; I have a hard time flying an hour for it.

Is the proposal this Saturday the 10th for Lambert’s? If so, I’m 90% sure i can do that!

Yeah...Lambert's...it's a restaurant.

The rolls are f'n amazing. If it's busy, you'll spend half your time trying to get them to throw one at you. The rest of the food is....okayish. Price is commensurate with the quantity moreso than the quality, and the quantity is a lot.

The kids like it for the novelty factor; I have a hard time flying an hour for it.
Wow, that’s a review. I’m going to have a problem flying two hours for it.

I feel like Michigan doesn’t get a lot of love in this thread. @kaiser , what was that taco place you recommended?

Heh, I just was at Lambert’s last Sunday for my IFR students king x/c.

My wife's birthday is on Sat, a flight somewhere may be on the table but Lambert's is gonna be a firm hell no.

Back