Midwest POA Janebruary Lunch February 3, 2024 1200 EST Rick's Boatyard KEYE

BQ1 is an overnight trip for me if I'm flying an Arrow.
And an overnight trip this close to xmas... hard to abandon family obligations for that long to procure BBQ :)

Now, if Andy picks us all up in the PC12 on the other hand.....

That sounds like an awesome idea!!!!! [mention]Jim K [/mention]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BQ1 is an overnight trip for me if I'm flying an Arrow.
And an overnight trip this close to xmas... hard to abandon family obligations for that long to procure BBQ :)
Day trip. Leave at 0830CST, arrive 1330EST, eat for a bit. Fly back. Just want to be on the other side of the mountains by sunset.

Is there a closer but still far place we can hit for lunch? I cannot be wheels up before 0830.

Now, if Andy picks us all up in the PC12 on the other hand.....
Sim school is in end of Jan. Then I’ll be legal-ish

Day trip. Leave at 0830CST, arrive 1330EST, eat for a bit. Fly back. Just want to be on the other side of the mountains by sunset.
I'd definitely be an overnighter on a trip like that. There would be some novelty in saying I flew all the way to North Carolina for a BBQ lunch, but that is outweighed by the fact that I would definitely, definitely want to get a few cold beers afterwards and enjoy NC :) .
Is there a closer but still far place we can hit for lunch? I cannot be wheels up before 0830.
Time to consult our handy FlightsForBites. Anything look good?

I'd definitely be an overnighter on a trip like that. There would be some novelty in saying I flew all the way to North Carolina for a BBQ lunch, but that is outweighed by the fact that I would definitely, definitely want to get a few cold beers afterwards and enjoy NC :) .

Time to consult our handy FlightsForBites. Anything look good?
We’d have to stay with @eman1200

I’m at the hangar rn so won’t be able to look until tonight at home.

We’d have to stay with @eman1200

I’m at the hangar rn so won’t be able to look until tonight at home.
lots of places 'round here worthy of a lunch run, not that any of us got the invite....... but a few places worth checking out, in no particular order:

KMTV awesome food, huge portions.
KEHO short walk to a relatively new little lunch spot whose food is turning out to be pretty tasty.
KHKY tiny little spot for breakfast or lunch. war bird museum on site.
KEXX supposed to have exceptional BBQ in the area. can usually get a crew car, if not you're probably SOL.
BQ1 no introduction needed. I'd wait and try to coordinate a meetup here.
KJQF no special food place but I hear eman can pick you up at the airport and we can go grab lunch and get rejected by all the cute waitresses at twin peaks.
KAVL since u mentioned the mountains.......AVL is in them. I haven't checked in a while but if the sierra nevada brewery is open (and open for lunch) it's a quick 3 minute uber ride from the airport and definitely worth checking out. more so when it's warmer and they have music outside and lots of peeps hanging out.

lots of places 'round here worthy of a lunch run, not that any of us got the invite....... but a few places worth checking out, in no particular order:

KMTV awesome food, huge portions.
KEHO short walk to a relatively new little lunch spot whose food is turning out to be pretty tasty.
KHKY tiny little spot for breakfast or lunch. war bird museum on site.
KEXX supposed to have exceptional BBQ in the area. can usually get a crew car, if not you're probably SOL.
BQ1 no introduction needed. I'd wait and try to coordinate a meetup here.
KJQF no special food place but I hear eman can pick you up at the airport and we can go grab lunch and get rejected by all the cute waitresses at twin peaks.
KAVL since u mentioned the mountains.......AVL is in them. I haven't checked in a while but if the sierra nevada brewery is open (and open for lunch) it's a quick 3 minute uber ride from the airport and definitely worth checking out. more so when it's warmer and they have music outside and lots of peeps hanging out.
You’re invited! I conceived this plan about 4 hours ago. Let me look through the selection.

Looks like the verdict is KSJS. @ArrowFlyer86 you in?
Sadly, I'm going to have to sit this one out...
All about flying in for food runs, but I'm hosting fam that arrive tomorrow night and it'd be bad if I didn't make it back.
I can already vividly envision myself stuck at KSJS with a locked-up starter, a flat tire, or something else -- and having to explain to the fam that the reason I need them to pick me up from east Kentucky is that I desperately needed a BBQ burger for lunch. I'm pretty sure they'd collectively bludgeon me with my towbar until I lose my medical.

But if you head out there, enjoy!

Let's get this thing going again.

What's Jan 20 look like for everyone?

Rick's at EYE?

[mention]kaiser [/mention] It would have to be lunch. Ricks only does brunch on Sundays

Indianapolis is well known for its beautiful January weather, so we'll be fine.
Not sure what the hangar elves did but actually had heat, as in warm air with some velocity, this most recent trip. First time I had to turn the heat down in winter. I figure that will actually allow me to fly somewhat below freezing this year. But, no more of that 0F noise.

Current high is forecast to be 14F in my neck of the woods. If that holds, can we push a week? That temperature, I’m going to get icing on the interior.

Delaying doesn’t affect me as this one I get to drive to!!!!

Scratch that…. Next weekend have my stepdad’s funeral satuday mid-morning. If we push to the 27th can we push back 1 hour to 1300 EST?

I can no longer make the 20th, and am in Scottsdale 26 Jan to 3 Feb.

Current high is forecast to be 14F in my neck of the woods. If that holds, can we push a week? That temperature, I’m going to get icing on the interior.
I've been informed I have plans on the 27th, so I leave it to you all.

I'm not real excited about pulling the plane out when it's 0F either, and it's bumping up against my -20c personal minimum. Forecast is for sunny weather though, so maybe it'll feel warmer?

We could also do Sunday; sunny & 24... heat wave

Sunday the 21st works for me

21st works for me as well. I just have a club dinner.

Hmm this week the 20th is still going to be cold. With planes dropping out of the skies, probably due to weather, I’m probably going to wait.

It’s so cold that it isn’t snowing, when it warms up then we are expecting more snow.

Back