Metal Landing Calculator

*sigh*

This thread brings back such great memories! There I was, in 1998, taking my '75 Warrior in for its first annual inspection, as a new owner, at the same shop that did the prebuy inspection just a few months earlier, and getting totally ASS-RAPED for over $5000 in repairs, adjustments, and labor.

I came to the aviation groups to post my questions, and my outrage -- and got equal parts sympathy and a huge helping of absolute merciless abuse.

I was excoriated, called names, told I was stupid, made to feel like an idiot -- and given some truly great advice, by some really wonderful people.

After acquiring my rather spanky airplane I was shocked at the mechanics bills. They were always finding something wrong, despite the enormously extensive restoration the aircraft had recently underwent.

The last two annuals were performed by me myself (under the oversight of mechanics, of course). I notice the number of things needing fixing has decreased markedly.

After acquiring my rather spanky airplane I was shocked at the mechanics bills. They were always finding something wrong, despite the enormously extensive restoration the aircraft had recently underwent.

The last two annuals were performed by me myself (under the oversight of mechanics, of course). I notice the number of things needing fixing has decreased markedly.
Funny how that works! :)

I wonder if the OP has ever found his metal landing calculator?

I wonder if the OP has ever found his metal landing calculator?
Yes he did, but thanks for the trip down memory lane. It was good seeing Jay and Henning again (which is how and when I figured out this is a necro-post).

Back