McDonald’s kiosk used to order a ‘nothing-burger’

It's good to see ,that the kiosk ,was programmed by someone with no common sense.

It's good to see ,that the kiosk ,was programmed by someone with no common sense.
I'd be willing to wager that the person who programmed the kiosk had plenty of common sense but was insulated from the key decision maker by a couple layers of management.

1. My guess is the empty bag costs £0.99.

2. I almost saw a fistfight erupt between a McDonald's cashier and a customer when the cashier refused to modify the customer's burger. McD's must have changed position on this. Obviously.

1. My guess is the empty bag costs £0.99.

2. I almost saw a fistfight erupt between a McDonald's cashier and a customer when the cashier refused to modify the customer's burger. McD's must have changed position on this. Obviously.
We expect reviews on both topics mentioned in this matter. These should be exceptional efforts in order to restore your status after the last few sub-pedestrian efforts.

We expect reviews on both topics mentioned in this matter. These should be exceptional efforts in order to restore your status after the last few sub-pedestrian efforts.

Sub-pedestrian efforts should not be discounted under a sidewalk filled with skirts.

I wasn't hungry until now.

As for the burger with nothing, it sounds like something Sac would order to fit his mantra. He probably thinks I forgot his quote, but I repeat it often. "Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels."

A little off subject....

The local Walmart is eliminating check out people. They took half the check out lanes and replaced them with self checkout lanes. And the lanes that used cashiers were closed. I am now expected to scan my own items, look up produce numbers and add them in so I can scan my oranges, squash, bok choy and kale. Then I have to bag my own groceries.

Soon they will eliminate the greeter. I mean that is my dream job to be a greeter at Walmart. I can't wait to retire and put on a Walmart vest and say howdy to people that walk in.

But back to my original rant. Why is Walmart eliminating the dreams of trailer house residents? There are people that the best they will ever do in life is be a cashier at Walmart. And now that is going away.

I remember when grocery stores like Piggly Wiggly would hire employees, usually young males, to place the items in a paper bag, then place the bags into the cart and wheel the cart to your car and place the bags of groceries into the car. And smile and say, "Thank you, come again".

I tell my mom that in some places I have lived, not only did the customer have to bag their own groceries, but also bring their own bags..!! Is America doomed to doing the same thing? Are minimum wage earners soon to be without a job? Should I get back on my meds..????

Time will tell.

And I tried the self checkout. There is a Walmart employee to help. But I needed help on every item, plus I needed help putting the items in the bags, and I tried to get help with someone pushing my cart to my car. Somethings are asking too much, I guess...

How is this news? You've been able to do this for ages. Journalists, seriously...
Just thinking this too. It's amazing what qualifies for news these days.

Surprised I haven't seen the headline, "Fast food restaurants to charge 25c for a cup of water."

I wasn't hungry until now.

As for the burger with nothing, it sounds like something Sac would order to fit his mantra. He probably thinks I forgot his quote, but I repeat it often. "Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels."

I try to live by that, but it doesn't always work out.

A little off subject....

The local Walmart is eliminating check out people. They took half the check out lanes and replaced them with self checkout lanes. And the lanes that used cashiers were closed. I am now expected to scan my own items, look up produce numbers and add them in so I can scan my oranges, squash, bok choy and kale. Then I have to bag my own groceries.

Soon they will eliminate the greeter. I mean that is my dream job to be a greeter at Walmart. I can't wait to retire and put on a Walmart vest and say howdy to people that walk in.

But back to my original rant. Why is Walmart eliminating the dreams of trailer house residents? There are people that the best they will ever do in life is be a cashier at Walmart. And now that is going away.

I remember when grocery stores like Piggly Wiggly would hire employees, usually young males, to place the items in a paper bag, then place the bags into the cart and wheel the cart to your car and place the bags of groceries into the car. And smile and say, "Thank you, come again".

I tell my mom that in some places I have lived, not only did the customer have to bag their own groceries, but also bring their own bags..!! Is America doomed to doing the same thing? Are minimum wage earners soon to be without a job? Should I get back on my meds..????

Time will tell.

And I tried the self checkout. There is a Walmart employee to help. But I needed help on every item, plus I needed help putting the items in the bags, and I tried to get help with someone pushing my cart to my car. Somethings are asking too much, I guess...

A lot of stores are going that way. I think it's sad, but realistically, when you have to pay your bagging clerks a middle class salary, something has to go.

I'm still waiting for a kiosk that dispenses something I really want, like........

Cheers

A lot of stores are going that way. I think it's sad, but realistically, when you have to pay your bagging clerks a middle class salary, something has to go.

Yep. People with no sellable skill wanted higher pay. It was inevitable.

Soon they will eliminate the greeter.
Those people are part of security.

They are supposed to be giving you the "once over", looking for known shoplifters, and watching for things like people backing into the handicap spots (for a fast exit).

Those people are part of security.

They are supposed to be giving you the "once over", looking for known shoplifters, and watching for things like people backing into the handicap spots (for a fast exit).

You mean as a greeter I will actually have to work..?? :lol::lol:

And yes, the position they take in the local store tells me they are watching.....

Walmart bagging clerks are being paid a middle class salary? Really?

I'll hold off on judgement. Please make your case.

I'm still waiting for a kiosk that dispenses something I really want, like........

Cheers

You didn't see the meat vending machine I posted about some time go?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You consider a sub-$20k annual salary to be middle class?

I'm sure the Wendy's twitter people would be pleased at how successful he was.

You consider a sub-$20k annual salary to be middle class?

No. But you aren't raising a family and buying a house on minimum wage either. You don't do those things on minimum wage. You either earn more or you don't do those things.

Period.

No. But you aren't raising a family and buying a house on minimum wage either. You don't do those things on minimum wage. You either earn more or you don't do those things.

Period.
Ya true. I get what you're saying. On a different note, I hear In N Out's employees make the most in the industry. The perks of remaining a private company.

I don't use the self checkout line. If that's all they have, if it ain't an emergency, I leave my basket of goods (or set down the few I'm carrying) and walk out, speaking to an employee about why I'm leaving on the way . . .

If there's an open register, or a short line at one, I'll go there and tell the cashier I'm glad to see them, as I hate the self checkout crap and won't use it, it's designed to eliminate the cashiers and save the store money. Me, look up produce codes??? YGBSM!!

I don't use the self checkout line. If that's all they have, if it ain't an emergency, I leave my basket of goods (or set down the few I'm carrying) and walk out, speaking to an employee about why I'm leaving on the way . . .

If there's an open register, or a short line at one, I'll go there and tell the cashier I'm glad to see them, as I hate the self checkout crap and won't use it, it's designed to eliminate the cashiers and save the store money. Me, look up produce codes??? YGBSM!!

I'm with ya.. We are supposed to be creating jobs, not eliminating them. I went through the self check out once. I had the clerk there show me everything, including how to bag the items.

And yes, I don't do codes unless I get to give myself a discount.

Huh. We normally agree, but this one I just don't get. First, it takes only one employee to supervise 6 of the self-checkout lines. It's MUCH more efficient! And saves ME time, which is what's really important. As for the cashiers, maybe half the time I'm in the line with someone soooo sloooow, who isn't motivated at all.

If there's a self-checkout line, I'm using it.

Huh. We normally agree, but this one I just don't get. First, it takes only one employee to supervise 6 of the self-checkout lines. It's MUCH more efficient! And saves ME time, which is what's really important. As for the cashiers, maybe half the time I'm in the line with someone soooo sloooow, who isn't motivated at all.

If there's a self-checkout line, I'm using it.

Scanning and bagging my own stuff pays me nothing and saves money for the corporate entity that owns the store. They don't share the savings with me. Therefore, I refuse to pay them to check out. Instead, they can reshelve my stuff, hopefully before the frozen items thaw too much . . .

Scanning and bagging my own stuff pays me nothing and saves money for the corporate entity that owns the store.

Saves me from having to make small talk with the checkout clerk. It's worth it just for that.

Except at Home Depot I will always go to a biologic. You really need a handheld scanner for most things. I don't know why they don't have those at the self-checkout yet.

I hate the self checkout, but I've noticed more and more stores (even Walmarts in northern Alabama) are offering the "order online and we'll bring it to your car" thing. Or even delivery. I'm sure there's an extra cost, but it gets around two things I hate... shopping and standing in line, I'm all for it. And it gets around self checkout...

I hate the self checkout, but I've noticed more and more stores (even Walmarts in northern Alabama) are offering the "order online and we'll bring it to your car" thing. Or even delivery. I'm sure there's an extra cost, but it gets around two things I hate... shopping and standing in line, I'm all for it. And it gets around self checkout...

I have seen that at the local Walmart. I am going to try it in the next couple weeks.

Scanning and bagging my own stuff pays me nothing and saves money for the corporate entity that owns the store.

I'm still waiting for this to happen:

Looks like this Amazon buyout of Whole Foods is going to happen so we might see this pretty soon:

Back