Manly Christmas Gift Ideas [N/A]

Meliss

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
goodjoojoo
I can't for the life of me think of a Christmas gift good enough for my boyfriend. He doesn't fly - but he's really outdoorsy and active. For his birthday I took him sailing, and I'm just not sure what I can do to top that. I'd prefer to get him something unique and fun we can do together as opposed to a stationary gift like an Xbox, etc. I was kind of thinking of flying somewhere to do something cool - just not sure where/what. (I'm in SoCal if that helps.)

Any and all ideas are appreciated. :D

Too bad the Rancho Oro Verde Fly-Inn Dude Ranch isn't around anymore.

This time of year, fly him to Death Valley and rent a 4x4.

I can't for the life of me think of a Christmas gift good enough for my boyfriend. He doesn't fly - but he's really outdoorsy and active. For his birthday I took him sailing, and I'm just not sure what I can do to top that. I'd prefer to get him something unique and fun we can do together as opposed to a stationary gift like an Xbox, etc. I was kind of thinking of flying somewhere to do something cool - just not sure where/what. (I'm in SoCal if that helps.)

Any and all ideas are appreciated. :D
It sounds to me like the guy already has more than he deserves! But maybe you could arrange and pay for his first flight lesson. If he doesn't want to fly, perhaps he doesn't deserve you.

It sounds to me like the guy already has more than he deserves! But maybe you could arrange and pay for his first flight lesson. If he doesn't want to fly, perhaps he doesn't deserve you.

Yeah. Dump his ass. Merry Christmas! :lol:

You're close enough to Tijuana. Take him for beers and the donkey show.

Too bad the Rancho Oro Verde Fly-Inn Dude Ranch isn't around anymore.

This time of year, fly him to Death Valley and rent a 4x4.

Ah that is an awesome idea... or at Pismo Beach!

He's actually gotten as far as his solo, but flying is not his thing... If he keeps hanging out with me I'm sure one day he'll finish up his private.

take him out on one of the old america's cup boats on SD bay, skydiving at SDM, soaring at warner springs, paragliding at Torrey Pines?

Firearms go over well at our house. Or ammo.

This year Karen started it. She wanted a Sig, she got a Sig...

So I got another Sig too.

I like this habit we have of joint Christmas shopping a month early. Heh.

I want a Sig!

So far I have Remington, Ruger, Browning, Benelli.

On way back from Tijuana (obvious winner), you could stop for overnight or multi-night camping and rafting down the Grand Canyon.

I want a Sig!

So far I have Remington, Ruger, Browning, Benelli.

Ooh... Benelli !

You'll put your eye out, kid...

39ddab0a520db415a2a1449912875e32.jpg

Hint; take a large blanket, bottle of wine, few candles, wait for dark, find a tall dune and **** like animals, and then *****, and you can also ******** if you like. My GF and I used to do that regularly. Rather memorable.

Used to? Why'd you stop? LOL! :)

How about a ram hunt in the mountains?

http://tandembase.com/ Though I guess you have to deduct most of the manly points cause it is a tandem. How about a gift card from REI?:D

Dang, that's really strange reading that on here -- the co-founder of tandembase and I crashed an airplane together a few years ago while flying home from Twin Falls.

Small world. :D

Not sure I'd be enamored with a free trip to Idaho if I already lived in San Diego, but everyone's different I suppose.

How about a ram hunt in the mountains?

Both of those would be great gifts for my brothers! my boyfriends never been shooting and he doesn't have a large desire to, but my brother's are what I would call gun-nuts. The ram hunting would be an awesome gift for them to do together - do you happen to know if there is anywhere in California they can do that?

On way back from Tijuana (obvious winner), you could stop for overnight or multi-night camping and rafting down the Grand Canyon.

I'd love to do the Grand Canyon but I think maybe the spring would be a better time - I flew in there last January and it was so cold that we didn't stay very long. (Yes we're whimps in the cold)

We-ull, pretty sure my wife won't let me have a GF, or a sand buggy. But - she's ok with a plane and a boat.

But has she ever taken you to a donkey show for your birthday?

Thank you everyone for your input, there are a lot of really great ideas that I would have never thought of. :)

Two person kayak, with paddles.

Both of those would be great gifts for my brothers! my boyfriends never been shooting and he doesn't have a large desire to, but my brother's are what I would call gun-nuts. The ram hunting would be an awesome gift for them to do together - do you happen to know if there is anywhere in California they can do that?
I'm not from that area but have a friend who used these folks and was satisfied:
http://www.bighornoutfitter.com/

Trying to think of manly things to do just seems, awkward. Basically, I just get up in the morning and jump right in. :rockon:

For a Christmas present for both to do? I'm sure there is some kind of working ranch you could find.

Otherwise, just wrap yourself up like a Christmas present.

Trying to think of manly things to do just seems, awkward. Basically, I just get up in the morning and jump right in. :rockon:

For a Christmas present for both to do? I'm sure there is some kind of working ranch you could find.

Otherwise, just wrap yourself up like a Christmas present.

::yeahthat::

But has she ever taken you to a donkey show for your birthday?

We spent one of my birthdays in Thailand. No donkeys but we went to the exotic dancer show in the red light district. Those were some amazing looking women -- until you noticed the rather pronounced adams apple (gulp). :no:

We spent one of my birthdays in Thailand. No donkeys but we went to the exotic dancer show in the red light district. Those were some amazing looking women -- until you noticed the rather pronounced adams apple (gulp). :no:

Did you score? :yes:

Back