Manly Christmas Gift Ideas [N/A]

Fly in close to half dome, hike it, camp, fly home.

You know why they call it half dome right? It's because the other half was taken out by errant planes flying in too close.

my boyfriends never been shooting...

How many do you have? Must be nice! :lol: I'm currently not allowed to have more than one at a time. :nonod:

How about a 50/50 split of manly / romantic? Hot air balloon ride. We did this for my friends 40th birthday. It was a blast.

How many do you have? Must be nice! :lol: I'm currently not allowed to have more than one at a time. :nonod:

How about a 50/50 split of manly / romantic? Hot air balloon ride. We did this for my friends 40th birthday. It was a blast.

Well, I travel a lot so I like to have one everywhere I go - and that way it keeps things fresh.

I love all these ideas you guys have given me... A hot air balloon ride sounds rad! I've always wanted to go up, and that would be romantic and cool. I don't know if I could fit all my boyfriends in it though.

Multi-night camping and rafting down the Grand Canyon is a wonderful idea. I think both of you will really enjoy it.

This might be the winner. I just worry about doing it during the winter - would rafting even be open?

She backed out slowly? Why, because she hasn't been on in three days and doesn't live here like some of us? I thought she was a good sport about the posts here.

I grew up with 2 outrageous older brothers... I don't get offended by much. And you are correct I don't check this site daily, but I do peruse it as often as I can.

I grew up with 2 outrageous older brothers... I don't get offended by much. And you are correct I don't check this site daily, but I do peruse it as often as I can.

I thought so. :) I hope you got some good ideas out of this thread.

I'd click on it, but I'm scared.:lol:

I am at the office today so nothing offensive.
It is a website that sells Donkeys.

Which is probably going to be equally difficult to explain when they run a web report.

I agree although prior to that link, I couldn't have even speculated as to what a donkey would be going for these days.

Serious inquiries only!

I saw that and thought who the heck is going to contact someone about a Donkey and not be serious.

Then I realized it was intended for me as I thought of about 10 different reasons to call the guy with no intention of purchasing the animal.

I do want to call him and ask how much to rent it for the weekend.

I wonder if they sell sheep?

I don't feel like sheep would qualify as "Manly" though.
Plus they are more expensive.

Well the average ones are the same price as the really good goats.

I don't know what a high end sheep goes for though.

I beg to differ. Those that are fond of them tend to throw telephone poles for fun.

Some of them are mighty attractive:

(edit: and NO, that isn't me...honest!)

Attachments

• lenexa-2010.jpg
    lenexa-2010.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 27
This might be the winner. I just worry about doing it during the winter - would rafting even be open?

Gift could be used in Spring if you aren't against giving a "gift card" for future use.

Donkeys are fun year round.
Not a seasonal hobby

I can't for the life of me think of a Christmas gift good enough for my boyfriend. He doesn't fly - but he's really outdoorsy and active. For his birthday I took him sailing, and I'm just not sure what I can do to top that. I'd prefer to get him something unique and fun we can do together as opposed to a stationary gift like an Xbox, etc. I was kind of thinking of flying somewhere to do something cool - just not sure where/what. (I'm in SoCal if that helps.)

Any and all ideas are appreciated. :D

Adameve.com you should find something you can enjoy together there.;)

I never got the donkey thing......... do your kids frequent this forum??? They will, and sooner than you think....

I don't get it either.
Someone a few pages back said "donkey show"
So I just went with it.

I can't believe that is a real thing. WTH

do your kids frequent this forum??? They will, and sooner than you think....

I fear for the day they start discovering what messes I have left just about everywhere I have been on the internet.

Thank God Myspace is gone. :hairraise:

I fear for the day they start discovering what messes I have left just about everywhere I have been on the internet.

Thank God Myspace is gone. :hairraise:

A friend of mind told me that he never wanted to tell his kids about the things he did when he was younger for fear they would end up doing the same, now that they are old enough he says they would never believe him and think he was full of crap... I think there is some wisdom there.

By the time our kids find our crap on the internet they'll have found much worse. Nudy native pics in national geographic got nothing on the interweb.

I don't get it either.
Someone a few pages back said "donkey show"
So I just went with it.

I can't believe that is a real thing. WTH

:rofl::rofl::rofl: Yep, donkey shows are a real thing. I think they gave them up in Tijuana, but I think they still do them South of Laredo. However through the wonders of the Internet, you no longer have to leave your own home to see one.:lol:

Buy him a chainsaw. What man wouldn't want a new chainsaw?

Really hard to go wrong with anything that burns fuel, makes smoke, and sounds cool. Regardless of how small or big.

Last edited:
Back