Malaysian Airliner missing?

It could well have gotten to Somalia. Or Syria. Possibly in the air for 7-1/2 hours.

Other speculation: http://www.reddit.com/r/news/comments/20dopw/comprehensive_timeline_malaysia_airlines_flight/cg2uht6

This should be considered. There were a couple flights going through that airspace at the time of the disappearance. Is it possible for MH370 to follow another of of these flights closely from high and behind disguising it's radar signature. Following there flight plans that would put that plane somewhere in that red arc which we know for sure rather it was a hijacking or something else the plane was there at 8:11am.

On the other hand in the middle of the Cold War you can land a 172 in Red Square.:D Could be embarrassing depending on where they find it.

Seems to me someone landed one into the White House....

Seems to me someone landed one into the White House....

How could that possibly happen, with all the security, survailance, SAMS and a bunch of other high tech ,high dollar systems in place..:dunno::dunno:..:rolleyes2:

This should nicely narrow search area if those two red lines are not too thick:

16flight-map-articleLarge.jpg

Hmmm. This is a bit odd. What's shown is apparently the elevation contours from the satellite (how far up a ground observer has to look from the horizon to see the spacececraft). How much of a coincidence is it that the plane would *follow* one of these contours?

An incredible one, really...you'd have to enter an entire set of GPS points that follows a contour, unless you've got something like a sextant or dish antenna on the aircraft that can acquire the spacecraft....and even so, there'd be no reason to have it tie into the aircraft navigation system.

What this MIGHT mean is that the aircraft position wasn't in the data to the satellite, but that the satellite recorded the received signal strength (which will vary by elevation). If someone is basing their estimates on this received signal strength at the communications satellite, it ain't gonna be ANYWHERE near accurate. I doubt the system is designed to provide that accurate a signal strength...no need for it.

I'd guess the actual potential range of locations would be closer to three of those lines across...if not more. Pakistan is a possibility, even eastern Iran. Even Mongolia, working in the other direction.

Ron Wanttaja

Last edited:
The only information the satellite has is timing data - how long it took for a ping signal to receive a return. That's all that arc is about.

Hmmm. This is a bit odd. What's shown is apparently the elevation contours from the satellite (how far up a ground observer has to look from the horizon to see the spacececraft). How much of a coincidence is it that the plane would *follow* one of these contours?
The graphic isn't suggesting a track of the aircraft; rather the "last known possible position" is supposed to be somewhere on the red line. Kinda like having only one star shot in celestial navigation.

This should be considered. There were a couple flights going through that airspace at the time of the disappearance. Is it possible for MH370 to follow another of of these flights closely from high and behind disguising it's radar signature. Following there flight plans that would put that plane somewhere in that red arc which we know for sure rather it was a hijacking or something else the plane was there at 8:11am.

This pegs my "no way" meter - Or at least puts it over the red line. I can believe it being hijacked, but I don't think they'd be able to plan it just perfectly so they could tail another jet like that.

How could that possibly happen, with all the security, survailance, SAMS and a bunch of other high tech ,high dollar systems in place..:dunno::dunno:..:rolleyes2:

They decided it'd be less harmful to the public if they just let it crash into the White House instead of dropping it over occupied city streets.

They decided it'd be less harmful to the public if they just let it crash into the White House instead of dropping it over occupied city streets.

Wasn't it also prior to 9/11? I seem to recall Clinton being the building's occupant at the time.

This pegs my "no way" meter - Or at least puts it over the red line. I can believe it being hijacked, but I don't think they'd be able to plan it just perfectly so they could tail another jet like that.

This whole thing pegs my no way meter. But I see your point. According to this guy http://www.reddit.com/r/news/comment...flight/cg2uht6

MH370 followed the way points back over to the west and is within 30nm of SQ68. http://imgur.com/QpqjsZb Follow the flight path of SQ68 till it intersects the 8:11am. Could a 777 shadow another 777 and not be seen as two aircraft on radar? I have no idea. But the fact that is was close to another 777 that followed a flight path toward a place that could potentially want this plane intrigues me. The other possibility is all that was done then whoever turned the plane to the south for 5 hours into the indian ocean until they crashed or ran out of fuel and what's the motivation in that.

...Could a 777 shadow another 777 and not be seen as two aircraft on radar? I have no idea...

Me neither but if it did that is something right out of a James Bond movie.

Warning........

Motive drift........

Let me say right up front I feel for the 239 humans involved.. But...

What if this entire stunt is a grand distraction from a larger topic of the Soviet Union ready to take over Crimea and the Ukraine will split into a smaller segment... The cold war is being re ignited and this is the ultimate distraction. Magicians use this trick to pull off illusions... You know......

Hey.. Look over here......

Just a thought...:idea:...:dunno:....:rolleyes:

Warning........

Motive drift........

Let me say right up front I feel for the 239 humans involved.. But...

What if this entire stunt is a grand distraction from a larger topic of the Soviet Union ready to take over Crimea and the Ukraine will split into a smaller segment... The cold war is being re ignited and this is the ultimate distraction. Magicians use this trick to pull off illusions... You know......

Hey.. Look over here......

Just a thought...:idea:...:dunno:....:rolleyes:

They would have gone for the shock effect of a bomb. :dunno:

Ben,
You expect something different? Russia's black fleet has been there the entire time. Also, Crimea wanted to leave Ukraine a while ago. Gold and oil stocks could really fly Monday.

For two aircraft to appear as one target they would have to be in very tight formation, like fighter jet precision tight.

That's what I'm thinking and for him to even intercept and follow another 777 flight in the middle of the night with nothing other than maybe TCAS - nope scratch that, couldn't even have TCAS with the transponder off. Also I think TCAS is ground radar dependent so it's not gonna work out there.

I don't think so, it's completely impossible

My bet is suicide, Indian Ocean. The climb to FL45 seems to serve no purpose other than to ensure that all of the passengers are dead maybe the pilot too and then it was just an FMC guided flight until the fuel ran out.

Wasn't it also prior to 9/11? I seem to recall Clinton being the building's occupant at the time.

No, it wasn't prior to 9/11, it was 9/12. However, it was prior to 9/11/2001, on 9/12/1994. ;)

I don't think the math changes even now. Clinton wasn't even in the White House at the time. So, do you let them crash into the WH injuring nobody, or do you drop them over busy city streets?

I think that came from military tracking, probably some sort of azimuth algorithm?

Same way you get echo tops on weather radar.

The beam is a known elevation angle. So combine that with the reflection distance and throw in basic trig gives you the height. However, the further the object the less the altitude resolution. So either they have away to get around that problem or the 45,000' ping is bad data

No, it wasn't prior to 9/11, it was 9/12. However, it was prior to 9/11/2001, on 9/12/1994. ;)

I don't think the math changes even now. Clinton wasn't even in the White House at the time. So, do you let them crash into the WH injuring nobody, or do you drop them over busy city streets?

You guys aren't even remembering the UH-1H that landed on the White House lawn.

I think that came from military tracking, probably some sort of azimuth algorithm?
Yes, while civilian radars are 2D and rely on mode C for altitude, there are 3D military air search radars that can determine altitude. Some are phased array, some are two separate antennas. Not sure how they actually work.

How is "good night" even a little bit suspicious?

When injecting common meaning into a culture with alternate customs, its very easy to misinterpret the meaning of things. This is exactly what the media is doing with the "good night" comment.

I do not believe this to be correct with current information. In fact I full well believe that those terrorist MFers intend to use this plane as a delivery device for a WMD. It is imperative that we use all available resources to find it at once. We need the entire world looking for this plane.
Why would you use a stolen 777 to deliver a WMD when a PC-12 would do just as well and be a lot easier to procure and keep under the wraps, not to mention fuel.

Why would you use a stolen 777 to deliver a WMD when a PC-12 would do just as well and be a lot easier to procure and keep under the wraps, not to mention fuel.

Really, how the heck do you hide a friggin 777???:dunno: where can you land it unnoticed by anyone with Internet access? :dunno: and what do you do with 230 people? :dunno:
She's at the bottom of the ocean, what ocean, I don't know, but my money is on the lost at sea ending vs the Tom Clancy ending.:D

I realize they can cause great impact without getting it to the United States. Of course it's certainly possible for them to fly it here without us noticing, and there are means that might make it more difficult to notice, but I seriously doubt tehy'd take the risk of being shot down with no real result which is the most likely result if they were to attempt to sneak a 777 across an ocean into the united states at this point.

What I think is funniest about this post is that it assumes that whatever is being planned involves the US, there's a whole rest of the world out there with things going on.

What I think is funniest about this post is that it assumes that whatever is being planned involves the US, there's a whole rest of the world out there with things going on.

Hey look.........

Henning is still alive....:yesnod:...

Where did ya stash the 777 Henning ?.....:dunno:.........:D

Back