MAJOR UPDATE - !

You beat me to it, Bruce.

You have been a pilot, you just have more responsibility now haha.

Yes, but do you have pilot glasses and a bomber jacket? Do they make a "ladies" E6B watch?

I actually just remembered I have a bomber jacket from elementary / high school (still looks like new). Brown leather with sheepskin insides.

I don't have pilot sunglasses and the watch I used for timing cross countries was $15 from Walmart (a pink plastic digital casio watch).

Ouch! Thats pricey to me! lol.

Exactly. See my post above. My pilot watch cost $15:

casio-asos-watches-classic-pink-watch.jpg

Cap'n Kim;
CONGRATS!
Another way to approach flying around in or under class B is to find a landline to the tower controlling the airspace. Just arrange it through them. BOSTON has a frequency dedicated to that called SKYWAYS (128.8). You coordinate the flight through class B with them. I used it for a tour of lighthouses outside Boston harbor.
Getting together with a local CFI is a smart idea. Just because you have the cert now doesn't mean you can't ever talk to them. You're signing up for IR soon too, right?

Cap'n Kim;
CONGRATS!
Another way to approach flying around in or under class B is to find a landline to the tower controlling the airspace. Just arrange it through them. BOSTON has a frequency dedicated to that called SKYWAYS (128.8). You coordinate the flight through class B with them. I used it for a tour of lighthouses outside Boston harbor.
Getting together with a local CFI is a smart idea. Just because you have the cert now doesn't mean you can't ever talk to them. You're signing up for IR soon too, right?

I don't know. I need to work out a "flying budget" first. But instrument would make sense as the next step. Maybe after a few months of flying and a second job . . .

OMG. I'm in SF getting luggage for 6Y9 fly-in. I don't own any. I'm with my Mom, haven't seen her in months.

And oh yeah.

I

AM

A

PILOT!!!!

I actually cried when he told me.

Oh and I screamed "I'm a pilot" like 3 times in a row on my solo flight (18nm) home which was my first pp flight!!!

More to come....

Kimberly

OK, I am WAY late to this thread (been SO busy with work!) but just finally got to see this update and want to say CONGRATULATIONS PILOT!!!!

Back