Lunch - What'd You Have?

A few chunks of hard salami so far. I also put a fresh pot of coffee on just now.

Hell its 18:00. Now I have to figure out dinner. Maybe some dark chocolate almonds?

Not hungry. Been thinking too hard today.

Answers so far have not been forthcoming.

Some of the best brisket and tri-tip that can be had, at a place in Auburn that has a big smoker outside that looks like a choo choo train. Got ribs too. They were good, but didn't rate with the brisket.

IMG_3969.JPG

Anyway, that brisket was da SHIZZ. It had sauce but didn't need it.

Tri tip, ribs and brisket are at ten, two and six respectively.

I decided to cook up some dirty rice and jambalaya to ease my no-BBQ-available pain. :)

20987a32fe8ead1ca6de4bf573211ecd.jpg

Nice.

After all that good food I posted I got back on my low carb Tuesday. Lots of hamburger meat, bacon, sausage, steak, eggs, cheese, etc.

Philly these stake sandwich, for supper the other half. :)

Back on the low carb. 6oz hamburger steak with mushrooms and onions, 4 pieces thick cut bacon, and a roasted chicken breast and wing. I also took one piece of the bacon and some of the chicken and made a half sandwich out of it with mayo. I lost over 100 lbs eating like this. :)

6KWXME5.jpg

I NEVER bring my own lunch to the office, because I prefer to get out of the office for a bit during the day. The other day, I decided I was in the mood for a burger, and I wanted to try some place new.

So I went by this place called The Perfect Landing at KAPA (Centennial). I had actually prepared myself for the place to be mostly empty (how many people go to a restaurant at an airport for lunch???) and for the food to be acceptable (how hard is it to screw up a burger?) but nothing special.

Wow, was I surprised! The place was packed, and the burger and fries were really good! Food came out piping hot, and everything tasted really good. I was impressed! Definitely going back, but next time I'll get there a little early so hopefully I can get a seat by one of the windows.

Buckhead Diner in Atlanta for my MIL's birthday. Hangar steak and fries except I substituted salad for the fries. My MIL loves these blue cheese chips and ordered them. I only ate four since I'm back on my low carb/keto. :D

cBoxzvG.jpg

TQ470mZ.jpg

Buckhead Diner in Atlanta. Hangar steak and fries except I substituted salad for the fries. My MIL loves these blue cheese chips and ordered them. I only ate four since I'm back on my low carb/keto. :D

cBoxzvG.jpg

I'd eat two orders of those hangar steaks myself.

I had a bread roll, and an apple, sitting in a portacabin in the middle of the desert in southern Iraq. Gourmet.

My wife just set down a plate of some sort of SOS.

Looks like a conglomerate of eggs with peas, diced green pepper, diced jalapeno, onion, diced tomatoes and other unidentifiable pieces thrown in on top of toast.

I will eat it and I will tell her it was good, or I'll have to get my own lunch tomorrow....

I sous vided some steaks last night and had the left overs for a sandwich today.

Fish and chips (minus the chips, plus a salad) and part of a hangar steak salad from the hole in the wall bar and grill that Guy Fiery wrote up a few years ago. Since then everyone wants to go there.

What is it....

Don’t know, but I know what it looks like from back when we had a cat. LOL.

Subway for me. Wasn’t interesting at all but have been off work running errands all day. And still have more to run depending on who’s getting the dogs. Wife went radio-silent today so I assume her phone battery is dead or something. LOL.

I had a lean pocket. Was doing some W&b for the 182 and found a unique was to increase my relative useful load

Fixed a couple of pizzas using Mission low carb tortillas (8 inch; 6 net carbs each). Mozzarella, pepperoni, mushrooms, parmesan cheese with a drizzling of olive oil. Very good.

KvEaoCI.jpg

Fixed a couple of pizzas using Mission low carb tortillas (8 inch; 6 net carbs each). Mozzarella, pepperoni, mushrooms, parmesan cheese with a drizzling of olive oil. Very good.

KvEaoCI.jpg

Well that's one way to connect Spain and Italy.

I had a Sausage McMuffin at 2:20 AM after leaving work with a phone system non-upgrade ... because it didn’t work... four times. :)

Back