Lunch - What'd You Have?

Fish tacos, forgot to take a pic. :(
But....they were excellent.

Fish tacos, forgot to take a pic. :(
But....they were excellent.

Love fried fish tacos. The first ones I ever had were at Lucky Dog Diner in Venice Fl a few years back. Just had them again a couple of weeks ago when I was there.

VL2vDH1.jpg

Had Fox Bros. BBQ here in Atlanta for lunch today. Still on the low carb since I got back from vacation. Half a pound of pulled pork, 4 ribs, and a salad.

lkqXvGC.jpg

Peanut butter sandwich, accidentally left a ziplock bag of little tomatoes in my car at the airport, they must have cooked because the tasted like tomato soup after that. Next time I’ll bring some hot sauce to add :)

Yesterday, I had Chic-Fil-A. I even tried a peach shake, it was pretty good.

Today will be five guys bacon cheese burger, fries and a banana shake. I know it's only 8am, but I like to plan things out. Now what's for breakfast?

Today will be five guys bacon cheese burger, fries and a banana shake. I know it's only 8am, but I like to plan things out. Now what's for breakfast?

It is currently 8:13 a.m. for me. I am thinking about lunch. It will probably be Habit Burger.

Haha. That was the basis of my “hate chicken” joke above. You know the CEO of Twitter was forced to apologize for eating Chick-Fil-A during Pride Month a couple of days ago. Hahaha. Big brouhaha over him saying he ate a chicken sandwich.

I am way into baking lately someone send help.

Almond Biscotti:
ChjGdoO.jpg

Rugelach:
uiRKjQy.jpg

Bacon/Chive Scones:
2XPrbiL.jpg

Popovers:
Jn0seaA.jpg

Calzones that ended up way too big and tough:
Byywz3C.jpg

Pretzels:
F0NghTR.jpg

Haha. That was the basis of my “hate chicken” joke above. You know the CEO of Twitter was forced to apologize for eating Chick-Fil-A during Pride Month a couple of days ago. Hahaha. Big brouhaha over him saying he ate a chicken sandwich.

I hadn’t heard that. I want to, but not gonna say anything.

Why did he need to apologize for eating chicken?

Why did he need to apologize for eating chicken?

CEO of CFA supported traditional marriage a few years ago and now it’s not PC to eat it. At least among the people that thinks their opinion matters more than others’.

CEO of CFA supported traditional marriage a few years ago and now it’s not PC to eat it. At least among the people that thinks their opinion matters more than others’.

I know all of that. I just don't know why he had to apologize or felt the need to.

Peanut butter sandwich, accidentally left a ziplock bag of little tomatoes in my car at the airport, they must have cooked because the tasted like tomato soup after that. Next time I’ll bring some hot sauce to add :)
That lunch would barely fill up my big toe.

Seems like you eat a lot of red meat. Just a preference? Why not try something a little leaner, like turkey, chicken or fish?

Not a big chicken/fish eater. I love fried chicken, but easier to fix beef. Red meat most of the time.

Seems like you eat a lot of red meat. Just a preference? Why not try something a little leaner, like turkey, chicken or fish?

Please remind me not to stand next to you in a thunderstorm.

... Still on keto.

How's the keto going for you? Are you using an app tracker? Any online support resource you would recommend? I started Feb 1, tracking with LiveStrong, since I already had it. It's not optimal for keto but it's what I had in front of me. I lost 8 lbs in 4 months and got frustrated, and stopped tracking but still telling myself I "was eating keto" and staying low carb (10 g/day target). So then in May I gained those 8 back plus 2 for good measure ... speaking of measure, I did at least notice that my belt started out on the biggest hole is now (still) on the smallest hole, so there were inches lost. I bought a keto blood meter and the best I ever measured was 1.4 mmol, but was normally around .8 mmol or so.
I recommitted to do it right, downloaded a few other tracking apps and haven't yet picked one.

Or you can be like me, and do it all of your life.

How's the keto going for you? Are you using an app tracker? Any online support resource you would recommend? I started Feb 1, tracking with LiveStrong, since I already had it. It's not optimal for keto but it's what I had in front of me. I lost 8 lbs in 4 months and got frustrated, and stopped tracking but still telling myself I "was eating keto" and staying low carb (10 g/day target). So then in May I gained those 8 back plus 2 for good measure ... speaking of measure, I did at least notice that my belt started out on the biggest hole is now (still) on the smallest hole, so there were inches lost. I bought a keto blood meter and the best I ever measured was 1.4 mmol, but was normally around .8 mmol or so.
I recommitted to do it right, downloaded a few other tracking apps and haven't yet picked one.

I originally lost 130 lbs on keto. All I do is track my carbs with the Lose It! app. I've been putting my foods in that app with the macros for years so most of everything I eat now I don't have to create it in the app any more, it's already in there. I've put some back on so that's why I'm hitting it again. Right now I try to keep my carbs around 30 or so. I don't understand why you didn't lose any more weight being that strict on your carbs unless you're just eating too many calories. I do count calories too. I've limited myself to about 1500 a day more or less right now. Lost 15 lbs over the first 10 days this time due to a lot of water retention and lost that. The past week or two after that I've stabilized some and losing much slower.

13bdM7R.png

I originally lost 130 lbs on keto. All I do is track my carbs with the Lose It! app. I've been putting my foods in that app with the macros for years so most of everything I eat now I don't have to create it in the app any more, it's already in there. I've put some back on so that's why I'm hitting it again. Right now I try to keep my carbs around 30 or so. I don't understand why you didn't lose any more weight being that strict on your carbs unless you're just eating too many calories. I do count calories too. I've limited myself to about 1500 a day more or less right now. Lost 15 lbs over the first 10 days this time due to a lot of water retention and lost that. The past week or two after that I've stabilized some and losing much slower.

Looking good, there, Brian!
Correction yeah, Lose It app for me as well. I had Livestrong for a while, so misspoke. My calories were set to Lose It's default "lose 2lb a week" (1800 daily, iirc) and I stayed at or under. The only thing I can think of or try to blame so little weight loss was I had pretty severe flu in January and lost 20 lbs as a result. So, maybe my metabolism was way screwed up? I would think a month or two on keto would have adjusted? My first month I was targeting 20g net carbs daily - a friend said to lower that to 10g daily ... still nowhere near the scale results I keep hearing others have.

So you basically eat keto all the time?

As much as possible. I grew up that way since I have a family history of celiac disease. I don't have a strong case of it, I can eat a sandwich's worth of bread but any more triggers a bad reaction. I still go low carb for other reasons - to keep weight off.

Back