Lets make Friday 'Joke Day'!

I owned three motorcycles when I expressed interest in flying lessons to my wife. She immediately opened the kicthen door, walked into the attached garage, and with a big sweeping of her arm announced "I looks like I see plenty of flying lessons right here!" Message received, I sold one, which paid for my PPL, then sold a second when I started IR. Hey, can only ride one at once anyway.

View attachment 123020

Internet’s down again…

A few years ago here in Gallup folks working on rail road communications dug up 1.5 miles of the wrong communication line. Internet and cell phones were out for 3 days...

And of course there was a big accident on the road in front of my house. No phones were working in the area. Fortunately a propane truck came up and was able to use his radio to call the office which had a land line phone and they called 911. Whew...

Just a random FYI, here when that happens there's a protocol. They man the fire stations, which normally aren't manned because they're volunteer. The trucks have radios, and the stations always have some kind of generator power. So people who are aware, with whatever emergency, drive or walk to the nearest station.

Back to the joke thread, a true story bit of humor, I'm at a communications meeting where people are discussing all sorts of terrible problems that might happen with the fire system radios. It seems bleak. Then, one of the older guys there says "You know, I shouldn't say this because I'm going to date myself. But believe it or not we used to put out fires before we had radios in the trucks." And everybody was kind of quiet and then did a collective "huh!".

Just a random FYI, here when that happens there's a protocol. They man the fire stations, which normally aren't manned because they're volunteer. The trucks have radios, and the stations always have some kind of generator power. So people who are aware, with whatever emergency, drive or walk to the nearest station.

Back to the joke thread, a true story bit of humor, I'm at a communications meeting where people are discussing all sorts of terrible problems that might happen with the fire system radios. It seems bleak. Then, one of the older guys there says "You know, I shouldn't say this because I'm going to date myself. But believe it or not we used to put out fires before we had radios in the trucks." And everybody was kind of quiet and then did a collective "huh!".
A fire started on some grasslands near a farm. The county fire department was called to put out the fire. The fire was more than the county fire department could handle. Someone suggested that a nearby volunteer bunch be called. Despite some doubt that the volunteer outfit would be of any assistance, the call was made. The volunteers arrived in a dilapidated old fire truck. They rumbled straight towards the fire, drove right into the middle of the flames! The firemen jumped off the truck and frantically started spraying water in all directions. Soon they had snuffed out the center of the fire, breaking the blaze into two easily-controlled parts. Watching all this, the farmer was so impressed with the volunteer fire department's work and was so grateful that his farm had been spared, that right there on the spot he presented the volunteers with a check for $1,000. A local news reporter asked the volunteer fire captain what the department planned to do with the funds. "That ought to be obvious," he responded, wiping ashes off his coat. "The first thing we're gonna do is get the brakes fixed on our fire truck!"

In the old days we had a siren that went off and that alerted all the volunteers to go to the fire station. Now it just goes off at noon, you should see the people look around that are not from this town. They think its an air raid siren.

In the old days we had a siren that went off and that alerted all the volunteers to go to the fire station. Now it just goes off at noon, you should see the people look around that are not from this town. They think its an air raid siren.
I’m sure if there was an air raid, it would be. We used to call it a “civil defense siren.”

Many years ago the town I grew up in had a 8am, noon and 5pm steam whistle.

One time a steam locomotive came through town. It sounded the same, and threw everyone off schedule for lunch...

To determine the number of tentacle tickles required to make an octopus laugh, scientists first had to conduct test tickles.

That took balls…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back