Lets make Friday 'Joke Day'!

When I used to travel (too much) for business, someone would ask me, "How was Boston?" or "What was San Diego like?" My answer was always the same: "It looked like a conference room."
When I used to do a lot of business travel, I always tried to arrange the trip to include a Monday or Friday and would always try to take the adjacent weekend to see the sites. Oh to be young again.

Q. What was the Mucinex monster doing at the pawn shop?

A. Hocking a loogie!

When I used to travel (too much) for business, someone would ask me, "How was Boston?" or "What was San Diego like?" My answer was always the same: "It looked like a conference room."

And the free breakfast room at Hampton/Holiday/Fairfield Inn.

So I was shooting the ILS into O’Hare the other night....thunderstorms, lightning, hail, turbulence…I was at 400 feet when I realized I was upside down. Well, I threw my hands in the air, and said, “Lord, it’s up to you!”

And you know, it wasn’t 30 seconds before he crashed that thing!

That reminds me of the time I listened to a bartender talk for 10 minutes about her husband Freddie, and how much of a PITA he was. And then I realized that Freddie was a cat.

Fast forward 20 years, and I'm listening to a guy talk for 15 minutes about his flying exploits. And then I realize that he's talking about sim time. I didn't realize anybody talked about sims.

So what I've learned is that while I may not have imaginary friends, I *AM* apparently the slow one in many groups. At this rate, in about 10 years I'm going to listen to one of the TV preacher guys and think it's real. Time to start shopping for Kleenex boxes I can use for slippers...

Fast forward 20 years, and I'm listening to a guy talk for 15 minutes about his flying exploits. And then I realize that he's talking about sim time. I didn't realize anybody talked about sims.

I was flying an approach once when everything failed, engine, vacuum and electrical.

Turns out the power to the building went off.

And it wasn't a sim, but a flight training device.

But we lived to fly a flight training device again.!!

I was flying an approach once when everything failed, engine, vacuum and electrical.

Turns out the power to the building went off.

And it wasn't a sim, but a flight training device.

But we lived to fly a flight training device again.!!

Back