Lets make Friday 'Joke Day'!

Saw that pic and thought about posting here. I'm glad you exercised less restrain than I. Consequently, I put a new upgraded powder-coated rear bumper on the Excursion a few months back as a customization, and the wife managed to back into her coworkers car in the parking lot within 2 weeks of installation. Could not believe it with a rear view camera and backup sensors. She was in tears telling me about it, lol.

If your airport tower says, ''git 'er done'' instead of cleared for takeoff, you might be in redneck territory....
If an airplane is owned by a husband and wife and there are tobacco spit stains down both sides of the fuselage, you might be in redneck territory

I have flown planes with mud flaps, but not mud tires...
998810570.jpg

The Engineer’s Recipe for Chocolate Chip Cookies

Ingredients:

1. 532.35 cm3 gluten
2. 4.9 cm3 NaHCO3
3. 4.9 cm3 refined halite
4. 236.6 cm3 partially hydrogenated tallow triglyceride
5. 177.45 cm3 crystalline C12H22O11
6. 177.45 cm3 unrefined C12H22O11
7. 4.9 cm3 methyl ether of protocatechuic aldehyde
8. Two calcium carbonate-encapsulated avian albumen-coated protein
9. 473.2 cm3 theobroma cacao
10. 236.6 cm3 de-encapsulated legume meats (sieve size #10)

To a 2-L jacketed round reactor vessel (reactor #1) with an overall heat transfer coefficient of about 100 Btu/F-ft2-hr, add ingredients one, two and three with constant agitation. In a second 2-L reactor vessel with a radial flow impeller operating at 100 rpm, add ingredients four, five, six, and seven until the mixture is homogenous. To reactor #2, add ingredient eight, followed by three equal volumes of the homogenous mixture in reactor #1. Additionally, add ingredient nine and ten slowly, with constant agitation. Care must be taken at this point in the reaction to control any temperature rise that may be the result of an exothermic reaction.

Using a screw extrude attached to a #4 nodulizer, place the mixture piece-meal on a 316SS sheet (300 x 600 mm). Heat in a 460 degree Kelvin oven for a period of time that is in agreement with Frank & Johnston's first order rate expression (see JACOS, 21, 55), or until golden brown. Once the reaction is complete, place the sheet on a 25C heat-transfer table, allowing the product to come to equilibrium.

Ingredients:

1. 532.35 cm3 gluten
2. 4.9 cm3 NaHCO3

To a 2-L jacketed round reactor vessel (reactor #1) with an overall heat transfer coefficient of about 100 Btu/F-ft2-hr, add ingredients one, two and three with constant agitation. In a second 2-L reactor vessel with a radial flow impeller operating at 100 rpm, add ingredients four, five, six, and seven until the mixture is homogenous. To reactor #2, add ingredient eight, followed by three equal volumes of the homogenous mixture in reactor #1. Additionally, add ingredient nine and ten slowly, with constant agitation. Care must be taken at this point in the reaction to control any temperature rise that may be the result of an exothermic reaction.

Using a screw extrude attached to a #4 nodulizer, place the mixture piece-meal on a 316SS sheet (300 x 600 mm). Heat in a 460 degree Kelvin oven for a period of time that is in agreement with Frank & Johnston's first order rate expression (see JACOS, 21, 55), or until golden brown. Once the reaction is complete, place the sheet on a 25C heat-transfer table, allowing the product to come to equilibrium.

Way too much caffeine, or does someone really, really need a vacation?

Ingredients:

1. 532.35 cm3 gluten
2. 4.9 cm3 NaHCO3

Protocatechuic aldehyde should be 4-Hydroxy-3-methoxybenzaldehyde
rotocatechuic aldehyde is missing a methyl group that makes vanillin

The egg and nut descriptions don’t uniquely identify those ingredients, and I’d expect an engineer to measure by weight, not volume. 4.9 cm3 refined halite can be very different quantities, depending on whether it is table or kosher halite.

and I wouldn’t expect to see an exotherm.

"weez got ourselves a convoy!" ...you might be a redneck pilot

Not being technical, but can it qualify as a redneck convoy if there is not a camper being pulled?

Just asking as a southerner.

Not being technical, but can it qualify as a redneck convoy if there is not a camper being pulled?

I think that the airplane is the camper for a redneck, so I think so. But I'm just a very new transplant, so I'm not sure you should take my word for it. :)

Sure ... just gotta make sure to have a 108" stainless steel whip antenna, a big linear amp, and a power mike! Only other thing is chrome ... lots and lots of chrome! :goofy:

Does anyone see anything funny here that isn't X-Rated?

upload_2022-3-10_14-42-4.png

The Great Engineer

There was once a great engineer who was a true master at his craft and was highly sought after for his great skill. One day, while working on the high up on a new skyscraper, he slipped on a piece of gear that was adrift. As he tumbled several hundred feet to his demise, he considered all of the great things that he was able to accomplish. The great engineer was laid to rest and immediately arrived at the gates of hell where he was greeted by the dark lord himself. Now the great engineer was a particularly pious man and one that was given to arguing, so he went straight to work. It was not long before the great engineer fixed many of the problems that plagued his new home. It was miserably hot, for instance, so the great engineer built a massive air conditioning system that had the temperature a comfortable 65. He noticed that many of the people were toiling many great hours and meaningless jobs that could easily be handled by a machine. So he built those machines.

God noticed that the great engineer had not arrived at the pearly gates as he was supposed to, so He went to confront his fallen angel about the mix-up. God told Satan that the great engineer belonged with him and that he would be taking him now. Satan was not happy about this, even though it was obvious that the great engineer did not belong there. The two argued back and forth for a while until finally, God proclaimed, "fine since we cannot reach a solution that is amenable to both, I will see you in the celestial court and we'll see what the judge has to say about this!"

At that Satan began to laugh uncontrollably.

"Wait, what are you laughing about?"

The laughing subsided momentarily and Satan replied, "Where are you going to get a lawyer?"

Back