Lets make Friday 'Joke Day'!

I certainly hope when those missions finish reading their notices they’ll tell us pilots about them.
Could have been NOTAMWLGTBQ!!!

It's like when Confederate Air Force decided to change their name and had to find a word that started with C so they could still be the CAF. Try to find an older guy that calls them Commemorative!

It'll be a generation before anyone stops thinking 'Notice to Airmen' when they read 'NOTAM'.
This is assuming airplanes require pilots to fly in 2050. The NOTAMs may then be renamed to something like NOTAD (NOtice To Air Drones).

All of the above responses to my NOTAMS post... Proves that facts are funnier than fiction... 'specially when the gubmint is involved...

Carry on!

It's like when Confederate Air Force decided to change their name and had to find a word that started with C so they could still be the CAF. Try to find an older guy that calls them Commemorative!

To be fair, when I first heard of the Confederate Air Force, I had no idea what exactly they did, or why they would name themselves that. Apparently it actually started off as an inside joke more than anything else. I always thought the name change to Commemorative Air Force just made sense on so many levels, not the least of which that now the name actually reflects what they do.

To be fair, when I first heard of the Confederate Air Force, I had no idea what exactly they did, or why they would name themselves that. Apparently it actually started off as an inside joke more than anything else. I always thought the name change to Commemorative Air Force just made sense on so many levels, not the least of which that now the name actually reflects what they do.
The biggest issue when the vote was held was the fact that the old name was causing corporate donations to dry up.

Back to humor...
8951b7483aa8c9843901becac2d68b3d.jpg

I always thought the name change to Commemorative Air Force just made sense on so many levels, not the least of which that now the name actually reflects what they do.
The biggest issue when the vote was held was the fact that the old name was causing corporate donations to dry up.
No arguments, but I never hear the word Commemorative, only CAF or Confederate. I do live in the South though!

The "Aeronautical Information Manual" replaced the "Airman's Information Manual" a few years ago.

An elderly gentleman was on his deathbed as his wife, 3 children and a nurse stood close by.

Then he spoke: “Bill, you take the Beverly Hills houses.

Mary, you take the offices in the CityCenter.

Debra, the apartments over the L.A. Plaza are yours.

To my dear wife, take all the residential buildings near downtown.”

The nurse was really impressed. She said, “Your husband must have been quite a man, amassing so much property to leave to all of you.”

“What property?” the wife sneered. “The jerk had a paper route!”

Gotta calculate for that solar wind correction.

No, solar wind and crabbing would be on the other side. He's obviously doing a dilithium consumption calculation. Or maybe an arrival time computation.

Lest you think she jests,

20211208_164811-jpg.102539

Attachments

• 20211208_164811.jpg
    20211208_164811.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 345
Back