Legal flight?

Swampfox201

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Todd W.
For hire survey flight under part 91. Flight is scheduled to depart 1/2 hour before sunrise VFR. On taxi pilot notices the vacuum pump has failed.

Is the flight legal to depart?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Look at the required equipment list for the aircraft in question? Seems pretty logical to me.

Once you are out of the chocks you are okay.

It was a Cessna 172. The way I read 91.205 an attitude indicator and a directional gyro are not required.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It was a Cessna 172. The way I read 91.205 an attitude indicator and a directional gyro are not required.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
That's usually correct. Always check the POH, as they sometimes have surprises. For instance, a 182T is legal to fly with a blown beacon, but the strobes are required for all operations. That's more restrictive than the reg, which merely requires one set of anti collision lights.

Of course, you still have to deactivate and placard inop, don't you?

That's usually correct. Always check the POH, as they sometimes have surprises. For instance, a 182T is legal to fly with a blown beacon, but the strobes are required for all operations. That's more restrictive than the reg, which merely requires one set of anti collision lights.
Does the beacon on the 182T have the required coverage for an anti collision light system?

As Mark seemed to imply, I think far too many pilots fly inop equipment without doing due diligence.

I love very flight that I make . . .

If a flight ain't legal to log, why is it legal to fly?

I have loved most of the flights I've taken, but a couple where I was getting bounced around the whole time... still fun in retrospect but not super awesome at the time.

I think the logging thing is in reference to logging PIC, from another thread. It's an inside joke I believe.

I have loved most of the flights I've taken, but a couple where I was getting bounced around the whole time... still fun in retrospect but not super awesome at the time.

I think the logging thing is in reference to logging PIC, from another thread. It's an inside joke I believe.
Stupid apple spell-changer!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back