Las Vegas Pilot goes nuts 50 Dead

Status
Not open for further replies.
[puts on tin foil hat]...all the chemicals, sugars/sweeteners and processing of what we now know as "food" being produced by the corporate farms and muti-national corporations (IE: Monsanto) are leading to an epidemic of mental health issues and neuron processing errors coupled with the explosion of the internet validating any view that you may have is leading to the breaking down of society and the deterioration of rational thought. Even our "leaders" in politics have turned the competition into the enemy. The Zombie Apocalypse is coming, it will just not be a virus but rather what we are being fed and consuming one meal at a time. [takes off tin foil hat]
That's why I subsist on Soylent Green exclusively, less filling but tastes great.

[puts on tin foil hat]...all the chemicals, sugars/sweeteners and processing of what we now know as "food" being produced by the corporate farms and muti-national corporations (IE: Monsanto) are leading to an epidemic of mental health issues and neuron processing errors coupled with the explosion of the internet validating any view that you may have is leading to the breaking down of society and the deterioration of rational thought. Even our "leaders" in politics have turned the competition into the enemy. The Zombie Apocalypse is coming, it will just not be a virus but rather what we are being fed and consuming one meal at a time. [takes off tin foil hat]
I grew up in a city that flurodated the water, was fed far too much processed foods (mom hated to cook and let's not even talk about school and college dorm food) and have been on the internet long before the unwashed masses even knew any network besides ABC, NBC, CBS and PBS even existed.

True, I own and fly an airplane. I think that's the only aspect of questionable mental health I exhibit.

But in all seriousness...the use of antibiotics, processing, chemicals I can't pronounce much less spell, in foods have a demonstrated and proven impact on far too many people with chemical sensitivities. I discovered a new allergy a few years ago to Kroger's inhouse lunch meats. Seems like I react to either the spices and/or preservatives in the meat. Fortunately, the reaction, altho really unpleasant, is very short term, so I can easily avoid those foods. I have severe allergies to many foods, and I've learned to stay away from them. But too many people don't understand food or environmental allergies/reactions

Last edited:
[puts on tin foil hat]...all . . . the explosion of the internet validating any view that you may have is leading to the breaking down of society and the deterioration of rational thought. Even our "leaders" in politics have turned the competition into the enemy . . . [takes off tin foil hat]

This part, i think we can all agree on. Society is changing for the worst. Liberals are demanding that every abberation be acceoted as normal, and that the only unacceptble deviant around are those who uphold traditional Judeo-Christian values. When everything is OK and there is no norm, nutcases increase.

Food? I've never heard of an allergy making someone violently and criminally insane

Yes. Arm yourself now in defense. Yup, that’s it, defense. A 0.222 is a good round for wounding but go with a 0.308 for more stopping power. Don’t mess around with handguns since they make poor clubs.

30-06 When you want to reach out and touch someone.
Permanenly.

Based on everything in the media so far, including interviews with people he knew, his brother, etc. It really seems like he was fine and went off his rocker completely. I have to wonder if this is similar to the guy "the Texas tower shooter" who it later turned out had a brain tumor. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Whitman

On the other hand, I have not heard any interview with anyone actually close to him - his brother lived in FL, his never really knew his father (who was "wanted by the FBI back in god knows when), and his girlfriend/whatever has nothing to say (that we know of).

Maybe he was festering for a long time, and something tossed him over the edge.

Really feel for those people though - I watched the video one of them made and its chilling. SO MANY shots and the crowd just so big that people were in denial or didn't know what to do.

Slightly edited to bridge agreement. Something's going on with the food, but I'm not sure to what extent.

Interesting that you brought up our food supply. I recently watched a documentary on Netflix called "What the Health!?" Kinda shocking in some respects. Probably deserves a separate thread...

Interesting that you brought up our food supply. I recently watched a documentary on Netflix called "What the Health!?" Kinda shocking in some respects. Probably deserves a separate thread...
I'd be interested. I've never put much thought into it, but there are some crazy things going on in just the people we know, myself included.

Have you no shame?

Even this event and this subject has to be turn into a big joke..
Is the only thing that you have to offer to anyone is your terrific sense of humor?

Nothing new here but still makes me sick to my stomach.

Carry on, as I am sure you will !

59 dead, 527 injured. That's....hard to believe.

And..he did it all from the 32nd Fl.

People that do this are young, have problems in their lives and don't know how to cope. They turn to some "inspiration" and see the light! Oh...this guy does not seem to fit that profile. Evil is evil, brought on by whatever condition it is still evil. Medical condition, bad thought process, influence by a "bad" person, tumor on the brain, whatever, all the same it is evil. There are too many people in this world to not have a few of those, and they will stand out when they do their deed. Do what you want, make all the labels, pass all the laws to stop it, it will still happen. That is all part of human nature. Just be aware, life is pretty much a crapshoot anyway, nothing...nothing is perfect. Enjoy your life while you can.

Let's please keep politics and religion out of this, it's a no-win situation that will only induce thread lock. The guy owned rental properties and had a pilot's cert, he doesn't seem to fit the bill as a low-life loser. Even his family photo seems 'normal'. His brother was quoted alternately as saying "he was a normal guy, no politics, no religion, he just hung out" but also "he did not live a normal life." I did hear and read that he was a high-stakes gambler. Just awful for everyone involved, what a senseless act.

Food? I've never heard of an allergy making someone violently and criminally insane

Actual food allergies aside that do exist with some people and some products, I am not suggesting that eating a Big Mac will turn you into a mass killer or there is a systematic plan to poison the population...but more studies are starting to come to light that are linking mental health issues like depression, ADHD, and other physiological "quirks" in some cases to the body's and brain's reaction to mild inflammation which for many can be exacerbated by refined sugars, chemicals, and processing that removes vital nutrients to keep everything in balance upstairs.

Just some food for thought...pun intended.

I am not suggesting that eating a Big Mac will turn you into a mass killer or there is a systematic plan to poison the population...but more studies are starting to come to light that are linking mental health issues like depression, ADHD, and other physiological "quirks" to the body's and brain's reaction to mild inflammation which for many is exacerbated by refined sugars, chemicals, and processing that removes vital nutrients to keep everything in balance upstairs.

Interesting. Do you have a handy link? I'd like to do some reading on that. My family is about to try easing into a diet that eliminates refined sugars. They make me feel terrible, but I'm not crazy, yet.

Interesting. Do you have a handy link? I'd like to do some reading on that. My family is about to try easing into a diet that eliminates refined sugars. They make me feel terrible, but I'm not crazy, yet.

Not off hand and not that you wanna believe everything you read on the internet...but just Google "sugar inflammation depression" and you will start to see a bunch of legitimate links.

Interesting.

A lot of the "mental health" issues in the US are due to people having way too much time on their hands. Which leads to, like you wrote, too much time on the internet and too much television.

Yeah, one can always find an outside link to try to prove their case. Enviornment, upbringing, associates, lead in the water, moonbeams, the stars are alligned wrong, but in reality it seems no system, biological or otherwise is perfect or produces perfect results. Law of averages catches everything sooner or later. Law of averages = the more of any given thing, the more anomallies one has. Humans included.

Enviornment, upbringing, associates, lead in the water, moonbeams, the stars are alligned wrong, but in reality it seems no system, biological or otherwise is perfect or produces perfect results. Law of averages catches everything sooner or later. Law of averages = the more of any given thing, the more anomallies one has. Humans included.

So the answer to why society is rapidly deteriorating is simply there are too many of us which produces more bad apples?

I do agree there are too many of us...but that is a different topic!

I have a feeling we'll find he had some huge gambling debt or his wife caught him cheating or something along those lines but who knows.

I also think that maybe all the things people blame- tv, video games, the internet, chemicals, etc are just optimism. I call it optimism because if there is a simple central cause that we can identify then we could go fix it and stop this all once and for all. The horrible reality may in fact be that in a large enough population a certain proportion of humans will be mass killers and it's just something built into our species that we can't change.

So the answer to why society is rapidly deteriorating is simply there are too many of us which produces more bad apples?

I do agree there are too many of us...but that is a different topic!
Society is not rapidly deteriorating, you just hear about the bad things sooner. Things are still happening that have always happened to some extent, just more of them and yes, due to more people and a more dense population. There are still more sane people than wackos, in the long run the sane will prevail.....or not. It is what it is.

Actual food allergies aside that do exist with some people and some products, I am not suggesting that eating a Big Mac will turn you into a mass killer or there is a systematic plan to poison the population...but more studies are starting to come to light that are linking mental health issues like depression, ADHD, and other physiological "quirks" in some cases to the body's and brain's reaction to mild inflammation which for many can be exacerbated by refined sugars, chemicals, and processing that removes vital nutrients to keep everything in balance upstairs.

What we eat has a dramatic effect on how we feel right now and in the long term........Sugar can and WILL kill you but very slowly. Not only diabetes but other ailments as well. Have you noticed all of the drug companies on T.V. these days? just a few mins ago there was a drug called Lyrica.

What are the side effects?

#Depression
#Suicidal Thoughts
#Dizziness
#Constipation

WTF do I want to take that for?

Society is not rapidly deteriorating, you just hear about the bad things sooner. Things are still happening that have always happened to some extent, just more of them and yes, due to more people and a more dense population. There are still more sane people than wackos, in the long run the sane will prevail.....or not. It is what it is.

I agree,

With the explosion of Social Media we find out about news quickly and possibly news that we might not have heard about. Mass murdering has been going on for a long time. In a 50 Year span there has been 947 people killed and like illegal drugs nothing is going to be done about it......Sorry for speaking the truth! I would love to be proven wrong.

What we eat has a dramatic effect on how we feel right now and in the long term........Sugar can and WILL kill you but very slowly. Not only diabetes but other ailments as well. Have you noticed all of the drug companies on T.V. these days? just a few mins ago there was a drug called Lyrica.

What are the side effects?

#Depression
#Suicidal Thoughts
#Dizziness
#Constipation

WTF do I want to take that for?
If you change that to "excess sugar", I'd agree. Basically, we run on sugar. An over-simplification, but mostly true.

As for the side-effects, not everyone gets them. For the most part, a minority of users exhibit those side effects, but enough people reported it during clinical trials that they are listed. For this compound, dizziness was reported by more than 10% of patients. The other side effects were reported by a much smaller percentage of users. Why take that stuff? Sometimes the medicine actually does help. Pharma companies have been advertising on TV for decades now. Ever since they were told they couldn't take prescribing doctors on exotic vacations back in the 1990's.

In a 50 Year span there has been 947 people killed and like illegal drugs nothing is going to be done about it.....
Every year, 6,000 black people are murdered. But the only focus and interest lies in a relatively few encounters of black people and police. The media and powers behind the scenes want us to believe that black and white policemen alike are the greatest threat to the black community. While blatantly ignoring the killing fields of our inner cities.

This part, i think we can all agree on. Society is changing for the worst. Liberals are demanding that every abberation be acceoted as normal, and that the only unacceptble deviant around are those who uphold traditional Judeo-Christian values. When everything is OK and there is no norm, nutcases increase.

What a bunch of partisan bull crap. You just brilliantly demonstrated a very large part of what is wrong with our society. It's always framed- us against them. Hate the enemy. If only the enemy didn't exist we would have paradise. If only we could choose only people that thought correctly...

There must be something wrong with our education system, right? After all, aren't we all born equal and just a blank slate? Something is really wrong because for at least 100,000 years there have been people espousing different points of view. Some fall to the left, collective, empathetic and artistic side and some fall to the competitive, resistant to change, individual empowered type that cares more about self and less of the collective, economic side. In 100,000 years we haven't been able to get everybody on the same page. Why???

Some have become so frustrated by this failure of education, that they have decided that the only way to move forward was to try to just remove all the wrong thinkers altogether. It's been tried time and time again. The stubborn wrong thinkers just keep coming back or can't all be killed!! Where does this leave us?? What to do?

I an era of hyperbole, exaggeration and dare I say, false information running rampant, with money and power more important than people or any other living thing on the planet, we are then pressured to choose a side, find a group, get inline with something and prepare to fight to survive. What happens when an individual doesn't believe any of the amplified **** people say, or is broadcast, or is posted all over the internet? What if they just don't fit into all the regular groups? What does he, or she side with? Where are their people? What purpose in the world does this truly isolated individual have?

It becomes not us against them, but individual against everybody. I believe there will not be any kind of unity until there is great trauma and bloodshed to unite us. That is what is proven in history. People always come together in times of crisis and suddenly become unified. Sadly we have engineered a world that is actually very safe for those that have at least a modest amount of money. What's sad about it is that it affords us the luxury of not caring about the whole. Not caring about unity or the collective. It allows us to just care about us and ours.

This kind of insanity displayed by this selfish lost idiot in Las Vegas, will go on and on, in the small scale like he did and in the large scale as countries, tribes, gangs, warlords and governments go to war and kill to "fix it" once and for all, or just to maintain their selfish lifestyle. Until there is either a trauma so large that will cause us to put aside the selfish insanity, or some awesome genetic engineering to correct some mistake with our passions, emotions and wrong thinking, there is little hope of anything going smoothly as we rocket into the 21st century where divides and chaos is advancing more rapidly than ever in human history.

A man with questionable mental health, who just happened to have a pilots cert, and in the past worked for the DOD contractor, opened fire.

So - does this mean all DOD contractors who are also pilots, will have mental health issues, will go buy a weapon and randomly kill people?

<---- meets two of the four criteria. I'm normal fellas...really.

What a bunch of partisan bull crap. You just brilliantly demonstrated a very large part of what is wrong with our society. It's always framed- us against them. Hate the enemy. If only the enemy didn't exist we would have paradise. If only we could choose only people that thought correctly...

There must be something wrong with our education system, right? After all, aren't we all born equal and just a blank slate? Something is really wrong because for at least 100,000 years there have been people espousing different points of view. Some fall to the left, collective, empathetic and artistic side and some fall to the competitive, resistant to change, individual empowered type that cares more about self and less of the collective, economic side. In 100,000 years we haven't been able to get everybody on the same page. Why???

Some have become so frustrated by this failure of education, that they have decided that the only way to move forward was to try to just remove all the wrong thinkers altogether. It's been tried time and time again. The stubborn wrong thinkers just keep coming back or can't all be killed!! Where does this leave us?? What to do?

I an era of hyperbole, exaggeration and dare I say, false information running rampant, with money and power more important than people or any other living thing on the planet, we are then pressured to choose a side, find a group, get inline with something and prepare to fight to survive. What happens when an individual doesn't believe any of the amplified **** people say, or is broadcast, or is posted all over the internet? What if they just don't fit into all the regular groups? What does he, or she side with? Where are their people? What purpose in the world does this truly isolated individual have?

It becomes not us against them, but individual against everybody. I believe there will not be any kind of unity until there is great trauma and bloodshed to unite us. That is what is proven in history. People always come together in times of crisis and suddenly become unified. Sadly we have engineered a world that is actually very safe for those that have at least a modest amount of money. What's sad about it is that it affords us the luxury of not caring about the whole. Not caring about unity or the collective. It allows us to just care about us and ours.

This kind of insanity displayed by this selfish lost idiot in Las Vegas, will go on and on, in the small scale like he did and in the large scale as countries, tribes, gangs, warlords and governments go to war and kill to "fix it" once and for all, or just to maintain their selfish lifestyle. Until there is either a trauma so large that will cause us to put aside the selfish insanity, or some awesome genetic engineering to correct some mistake with our passions, emotions and wrong thinking, there is little hope of anything going smoothly as we rocket into the 21st century where divides and chaos is advancing more rapidly than ever in human history.
What's your point?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back