Labor Day Weekend! Where are you flying to?

Geico266

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Geico
York, NE (KJYR) has a flyin breakfast tomorrow morning and the first Sat of every month year round.

Council Bluffs, IA (KCBF) has a flyin breakfast tomorrow also.

The days are getting shorter, football season is starting. Time to do some fflying while the weather is good!

Where are you flying this Labor Day weekend?

Good week end flying to Kmvy Martha's Vineyard,most of the tourists have gone home.

First flight for Mrs. Steingar in the Lucky Strike. Hope my landings are OK. Something quasi-local, probably LUK.

Will be flying the glider as much as I can from the mountain this weekend, and when it isn't good to be flying, I'll be on the lake.

Starts Monday for the Bucks and we don't even know who'll be quarterback.

Taking CAP cadets to the glider base in Byron. Taking an instrument phase check to Salinas. And flying an airborne photography sortie to several points around San Jose.

As a coke guy im working 12 to 16 hour days friday through monday. I'll fly around locally tuesday though. The 4 worst days of the year memorial day july 4th labor day and the day before thanksgiving. Retail merchandising has a lot of perks working 2am to 6pm on holiday weekends isn't one of them lol

Weather is not going to be good, front moving by mid morning. Going to leave the house in about 15 minutes (5:30 AM) to take a local flight and beat the bad weather.

The company I work for requires you to work all holidays except Christmas and Thanksgiving if you are scheduled. No long weekend for me.

From LA to Eagle then to South Bend for a football game

I flew to Destin Wednesday and I'll fly back to Atlanta on Monday, I think it's the longest I've been off work in two years! :yes:

I'm doing a $100 burger run down to KASH this afternoon after work. After that, probably no more flying for the weekend. Gotta get some hiking in while the weather lasts.

Though I might change my mind and end up down at KBID... but I'm trying to save up my aviation dollars for time in some nice benign IMC... if we see any more before icing season sets in.

Flying back to work from visiting the family.

Started at 6:30 am today (Friday), and will do MSP-GRR-DTW-CIU-DTW-TVC-DTW-SBN-ATL-ICT-MSP-MOT-MSP ending at 12:45 pm on Monday!

20-30 knot winds forecast for Saturday and I've got a few students on the schedule.

Ho hum, just some Alaska flying. Need to go to the cabin to rebuild a water pump in one of the outboard jets. Maybe bounce around on few sandbars to toss sticks for the dog. Time permitting to the State Fair to do a demo flight in a Carbon Cub.

Ho hum, just some Alaska flying. Need to go to the cabin to rebuild a water pump in one of the outboard jets. Maybe bounce around on few sandbars to toss sticks for the dog. Time permitting to the State Fair to do a demo flight in a Carbon Cub.

Sounds like fun, except for the water works. Where is the state fair with a runway?

Mary and I will be staying put, taking care of all the guys flying in to see us at the hotel!
:)

Kanas City Downtown..then off to the best pizza/beer place on the planet to watch Alabama kick the snot out of WI and hopefully NU will have a nice day against BYU.

I likely won't be flying anywhere, but I'll probably give my dad a couple of lessons while he is in town.

Taking CAP cadets to the glider base in Byron. Taking an instrument phase check to Salinas. And flying an airborne photography sortie to several points around San Jose.

As a coke guy im working 12 to 16 hour days friday through monday. I'll fly around locally tuesday though. The 4 worst days of the year memorial day july 4th labor day and the day before thanksgiving. Retail merchandising has a lot of perks working 2am to 6pm on holiday weekends isn't one of them lol

Kanas City Downtown..then off to the best pizza/beer place on the planet to watch Alabama kick the snot out of WI and hopefully NU will have a nice day against BYU.

Go Big Red

St Simons yesterday.
Albany today.
St Simons tomorrow.
Atlanta on Monday.

Sounds like fun, except for the water works. Where is the state fair with a runway?

The fair grounds are about 1/2 mile from Palmer airport. Cubcrafters has a fair booth for PR and a couple of Carbon Cubs up the street at the airport for demo purposes. A carbon cub is a strong contender for my next Cub build. The only thing holding me back is the standstill in LSA changes and/or third class medical reform.

I can drop an outboard jet and rebuild the water pump with my eyes closed. The result of doing it many times as I've done shallow water river boating for most of my life. At least I get to fly to get to the boat. Once the fog lifts, that is.

Last edited:
Maybe drop in on a new fly in at Rockdale TX nearby, or fly this desk if it's 100* outside.

Supposed to be about 95F here today, but I will still do some local flying this afternoon. I need the therapy!

Just local to Sedona for breakfast.

I'll be working. I'm not going anywhere cool. Just staying local with students.

Local flight from KRHV to KLVK and back with some sightseeing along the way

Started at 6:30 am today (Friday), and will do MSP-GRR-DTW-CIU-DTW-TVC-DTW-SBN-ATL-ICT-MSP-MOT-MSP ending at 12:45 pm on Monday!

From another working stiff!

JFK-ZRH-JFK (4-6 Sept)
JFK-AMS-JFK (7-9 Sept)

Man, this airline stuff is hard work! :D

Saturday, took the new (to me) plane to LWM for a club meeting and dogs and burgers after. First time in this plane with a nonpilot pax. Yesterday, was a charity motorcycle ride with maybe 150 or so other bikes. Today, no flying. The prez is making an appearance in BOSand the tfr is 10am to 6pm.

Saturday, took the new (to me) plane to LWM for a club meeting and dogs and burgers after. First time in this plane with a nonpilot pax. Yesterday, was a charity motorcycle ride with maybe 150 or so other bikes. Today, no flying. The prez is making an appearance in BOSand the tfr is 10am to 6pm.
Was it extended just in the last few hours? Last I checked it was 10am to 1:30pm.

Was thinking about taking a jaunt down to KBID but at this point, I won't be able to get out of town (only road out of town is blocked for the Labor Day parade).

Back