Just wow

I thought so, too. Mr. Alex may go to great lengths to protect his brand, might even get physical with 6pc.

Better to ask permission than have a Zima'd up Cirrus pilot spraying big penises in your yard with Roundup.

Sounds like a normal weekend for 6PC! :D

As I said earlier we will not agree on this one. You think he helped. I think he didn’t and should have a certificate action.
He should be subject to a certificate action even if he helped. While it is debatable* whether he helped, hindered, or neither, there is no doubt at all that he violated the rules in several ways.

* Debatable by POA standards, where we could have a heated debate on how hot air balloons generate lift.

He should be subject to a certificate action even if he helped. While it is debatable* whether he helped, hindered, or neither, there is no doubt at all that he violated the rules in several ways.

* Debatable by POA standards, where we could have a heated debate on how hot air balloons generate lift.
91.3(b) gives the PIC the ability to deviate.

Was the Cirrus guy the PIC of an aircraft that had an emergency?

edit:

>>
In an in-flight emergency requiring immediate action, the pilot in command may deviate from any rule of this part to the extent required to meet that emergency.
<<

Cirrus guy might be able to say that an "in-flight emergency", the way it's written, doesn't specify that his *own* aircraft has to be the one with the emergency. But the "immediate action" part might be a little tricky.

91.3(b) gives the PIC the ability to deviate.

Was the Cirrus guy the PIC of an aircraft that had an emergency?

edit:

>>
In an in-flight emergency requiring immediate action, the pilot in command may deviate from any rule of this part to the extent required to meet that emergency.
<<

Cirrus guy might be able to say that an "in-flight emergency", the way it's written, doesn't specify that his *own* aircraft has to be the one with the emergency. But the "immediate action" part might be a little tricky.
My opinion is that, no matter how far a person tortures 91.3(b), this guy falls outside of it. He'd have a hard time convincing me of any of the following, much less all of them:

1. He was the pilot in command who had an in-flight emergency
2. The in-flight emergency required his immediate action
3. The action he took was required by the in-flight emergency
4. His deviations were required to meet the emergency
5. His deviations did not exceed the extent required to meet the emergency

There. Now we have some real things to debate, right? :) :stirpot::popcorn::devil:

As for the 15000 hours, someone on here posted that. I find it even harder to believe now that I've seen his Linked in page that supposedly shows everything he's been doing for the last 20+ years. Not saying it's not possible, just saying it makes you question.

From his own website:

Alexander Wolf is a career aviator with a passion for teaching. He has been flying since 1992 and has accumulated in excess of 15,000 hours, is a certified flight instructor with Instrument and multi-engine ratings, and a former Cirrus Aircraft CSIP and CPPP instructor. He has tested Experimental Propeller Systems, Ignition Systems, and Supercharging Systems for Certified Aircraft. He is currently a DOD contractor having worked previously with the US Naval Post Graduate School and all DOD branches.

From his own website:

Alexander Wolf is a career aviator with a passion for teaching. He has been flying since 1992 and has accumulated in excess of 15,000 hours, is a certified flight instructor with Instrument and multi-engine ratings, and a former Cirrus Aircraft CSIP and CPPP instructor. He has tested Experimental Propeller Systems, Ignition Systems, and Supercharging Systems for Certified Aircraft. He is currently a DOD contractor having worked previously with the US Naval Post Graduate School and all DOD branches.

570 hours per year????

To be fair, I don’t know that the hours number is out of line. We have instructors saying they’ve done 140 hours a month, so you could rack up 500+ A year pretty easily if you work for a school.

540 hours a year at $1800/hr...

Not a bad gig.

To be fair, I don’t know that the hours number is out of line. We have instructors saying they’ve done 140 hours a month, so you could rack up 500+ A year pretty easily if you work for a school.

But you're forgetting those numbers are their best months, not their averages, and certainly not year after year. Plus, according to his Linkedin page, he has been doing many other things, for years.

Even at ATP, arguably one of the busiest flight school in the country, they say it takes about 18 months of being a CFI to reach 1500 hours, in order to be employable for the airlines.

Considering they have to have 250 hours to be a CFI, then that 1500 number in 18 months of CFIing, is really only 1150 hours.

So... On average at ATP, a busy flight school, it takes about 18 months for their CFIs to hit 1150 hours.

I can tell you from experience, flying 1000 hours in a year keeps you very busy with not too much time for other activities.

Of course there are the occasional exceptions, but this guys claims just don't easily add up when he also says he has years of experience doing other non flying related things, including college.

Last edited:
Specifically left the word ‘flight’ out between 15,000 and hours.

Could be very creative number crunching going on there.

There's a thought. I wonder if I add all my commercial business travel "hours" in the back of the bus ...

Common sense has nothing to do with hours in a logbook.

How many hours has Nancy Pelosi logged in Washington DC.

Not to turn this thread political but I did have a recent observation.

I had not been to San Fran since the 90s, and recently went there for work. I was utterly disgusted in what I saw and the Shi* hole that place has become. I spent much of my child hood growing up in and around that area and was so saddened to see it today.

Then to top if off, I then heard Pelosi using San Fran as an example of her great work.

If places like San Fran, LA, DC, Hawaii, New York, Portland, Seattle etc are the indicators of our future US, it's scary. And they all share one thing in common.

At $1800 for a day, he obviously considers ground school at the same rate as flying, so maybe he’s combining his ground school time.

The high dollar Cirrus pilot has taken his company Facebook page offline.

https://m.facebook.com/alexanderwolfcorp/

Reported elsewhere he is no longer sanctioned as a CSIP; I can’t find him or his outfit anywhere on Cirrus Approach, so there may be some truth to that.

Yeah, all I'm doing is reading about him here. I imagine 99.9% of pilots transitioning to or starting from scratch in a Cirrus know better than to pay his rates. It'll die down soon, he'll pop back up after having deleted all the comments on his pages and resume trying take obscene amounts of money for flight instruction. Unless the FAA really doesn't like what he did then, yeah, he may not instruct for a good, long time. He did make his own bed, he'll have to lay in it.

Not to turn this thread political but I did have a recent observation.

I had not been to San Fran since the 90s, and recently went there for work. I was utterly disgusted in what I saw and the Shi* hole that place has become. I spent much of my child hood growing up in and around that area and was so saddened to see it today.

Then to top if off, I then heard Pelosi using San Fran as an example of her great work.

If places like San Fran, LA, DC, Hawaii, New York, Portland, Seattle etc are the indicators of our future US, it's scary. And they all share one thing in common.

If you think the other side is any better, you're dreaming.

A heated debate... :eek:

Wow, I had not seen that. But I did see it first hand, along with all the other BS happening there.
Used to live in Bay Area. Yeah, that city straight up suuuuuuccckkkkssssss

I was in Portland a couple of weeks ago and didn't see a problem.

I was in Portland a couple of weeks ago and didn't see a problem.

EDIT:
Unfortunately, there is not a place on this forum where we can discuss political issues, even with respect towards each other. I wish there was.

I've deleted my response as I do not mean this to hijack the thread nor turn it into a political debate.

Last edited:
EDIT:
Unfortunately, there is not a place on this forum where we can discuss political issues, even with respect towards each other. I wish there was.

I've deleted my response as I do not mean this to hijack the thread nor turn it into a political debate.
I see.

Politics didn't come up during my visit there. The only problem I had was that Hertz couldn't have a car waiting for me at Troutdale Airport; they had to pick me up and take me for a 45-minute drive to their office. There was no indication of this on either the FBO or Hertz Web site. :(

I was ambivalent about the closing of the political section, but since then, I have noticed a marked improvement in tone here, and a lot of new members showing up.

Kind of an interesting situation. I wonder how different it’d be if he wasn’t in a cirrus. Know what I mean?

Not trying to start anything, but if he was in a Mooney, or a Piper, or a Bo, I wonder how the different factions would act.

There are some critical folks over at COPA, but it’s largely positive. Kinda not surprised it’s getting ripped up on beechtalk.

I honestly don’t know how I feel about it. On the one hand, he’s trying his best to help. That’s admirable. On the other, it wasn’t asked for. But most pilots I know aren’t the type to ask for help in that situation. But he also wasn’t asked to STFU by the Piper.

Forgetting his rates, doing some research on COPA, he’s pretty highly regarded. Sure, I think some have issues with how he does what he does (the edge of the envelope stuff) but others see it as valuable. He’s got 1000 hours in that Piper, and as a full-time instructor he likely knows what he’s talking about. But again, it wasn’t asked for. But sounds like it was appreciated.

The forming up doesn’t bother me. He’s the Maverick to the Piper’s Cougar. ;) I’ve done formation flying clinics. He didn’t do anything unsafe while forming up. And everyone was aware of it. Even though it wasn’t asked for. But it wasn’t unsafe. I’ve been closer than he was as a wingman.

Was it a real emergency? Not sure. Doesn’t seem like it. The Piper pilot seemed pretty calm. I just don’t know.

Closest issue I had was when my power gauges went to hell flying back from Portland. Went from 75% to 16%. Then zero. Engine running fine. Diverted to Davis because there’s a great cirrus shop. ATC asked why I was diverting and they asked if I wanted to declare. I said no. Everything was running fine (at the time) but I was damn nervous something was going to go to hell. Anyway, it was just a connection issue. Fixed and flew out same day.

I bring that up because, while it wasn’t an emergency..... would I have appreciated Alex intercepting and forming up and taking to me? Probably not. But maybe. I had it under control. But what if I didn’t but thought I did?

One can arm chair this from either “side” ... I just don’t think I have a side.

I wonder how different it’d be if he wasn’t in a cirrus. Know what I mean?

The forming up doesn’t bother me. He’s the Maverick to the Piper’s Cougar. ;) I’ve done formation flying clinics. He didn’t do anything unsafe while forming up. And everyone was aware of it. Even though it wasn’t asked for. But it wasn’t unsafe. I’ve been closer than he was as a wingman.

Was it a real emergency? Not sure. Doesn’t seem like it. The Piper pilot seemed pretty calm. I just don’t know.

I honesty did not even know there was a thing between Cirrus pilots and others until after this thread had went on a bit. It was news to me. I have no problem with Cirrus drivers. I have a problem with dumbasses.

I've flown formation as well, in helicopters. But it was always planned, discussed and agreed. Not ad-hoc.

Did the arrow declare an emergency? I don't recall if he did or not. At any rate, whether he did or not, he clearly had it all under control before this guy decided to roll the camera and save the day.

Back