Jeopardy!

Wait...does Jeopardy come on at 7:00pm Eastern in some markets? Or are y'all living in the future?

It just finished here. Looking forward to tomorrow.

It was an exciting game. $19k isn’t bad for ½ hours work. Gotta watch tomorrow.

Lance, that's excellent. Congrats to your son. My mom was on Jeopardy around 50 years ago, came in 3rd place, and won an encyclopedia which she gave to my cousins. Things have changed.

7:00, right after the 6:30 news. I thought that was pretty standard.
In the DC metro area it's 7:30, right after Wheel Of Boredom.

It's a syndicated show bought by all the individual stations so it can be aired at any time. I imagine in most markets it's 7 or 7:30 though.

Congrats to Lane! That's a lot of moola for flying. :D

In the DC metro area it's 7:30, right after Wheel Of Boredom.

I spent that half hour reading the Pilot’s Handbook of Aeronautical Knowledge, with Wheel on in the background. Quite possibly the most boring half hour of my life. :confused:

Well crap. All this time I could have been streaming out-of-market Jeopardy at 7:00 in my office, then immediately walk in to the living room at 7:30 and impress the heck out of my wife by sweeping the "17th Century Hungarian Artists" category.

We get the wheel 1st, then Jeopardy. Gotta slowy bring the IQ level up from the national news at 6:30 to Jeopardy at 7:30 Lol.

Growing up in NYC I remember Jeopardy was on at 7, Wheel at 7:30. In Virginia when we visited my grandmother it was reversed. I always wondered why they swapped it.

In Detroit it was always the reverse: Wheel at 7, Jeopardy at 7:30. And this is an aw, crap moment for me since I missed this thread until late last night. But if he won yesterday, then I assume he'll be on again today?

Yeah, he won. And he'll be on again tonight.28660567_10213708648324760_4563584893448202723_n.jpg

Yeah, he won. And he'll be on again tonight.View attachment 60787

Inquiring minds want to know: Did he win again? Did he win enough to buy a twin of his own, thus necessitating the multi rating? :)

Tune in tonight for the next exciting episode!

Inquiring minds want to know: Did he win again? Did he win enough to buy a twin of his own, thus necessitating the multi rating? :)

Tune in tonight for the next exciting episode!

Well, he hasn't been pumping Friday's episode. :D

Reactions: Ted
Too cool, Lance! Way to go Lane, he killed it!

Tough for me to watch, and I knew the outcome. Challenging game isn’t it.

A friend of mine who has a TV (ironically he lives off grid) sent me the cliffs notes for tonight’s show. ;)

A friend of mine who has a TV (ironically he lives off grid) sent me the cliffs notes for tonight’s show. ;)
That’s kind of like flying a sim compared to a real plane.

Finally got to see the Wednesday show.

Can't believe he didn't know what a P-40 was. What kind of kid did you raise??

That’s kind of like flying a sim compared to a real plane.

I'm not much of a TV person. Too busy devoting brain power to airplanes.

In Detroit it was always the reverse: Wheel at 7, Jeopardy at 7:30. And this is an aw, crap moment for me since I missed this thread until late last night. But if he won yesterday, then I assume he'll be on again today?
When I was a kid, we lived about half way between Detroit and Flint, and we could get TV stations from both cities...While in college, I figured out that the Flint station played Jeopardy at 11 AM, and that SAME Jeopardy episode would be on again, on the Detroit station, at 7:30 PM...for about a two week period, I had my parents convinced that I was some kind of genius, getting every single question right while they watched their 7:30 PM Jeopardy! Then I'm sure they said to themselves, "Wait a minute, the kid isn't THAT bright," they figured out what I was up to, and my Jeopardy reign was over.

When I was a kid, we lived about half way between Detroit and Flint, and we could get TV stations from both cities...While in college, I figured out that the Flint station played Jeopardy at 11 AM, and that SAME Jeopardy episode would be on again, on the Detroit station, at 7:30 PM...for about a two week period, I had my parents convinced that I was some kind of genius, getting every single question right while they watched their 7:30 PM Jeopardy! Then I'm sure they said to themselves, "Wait a minute, the kid isn't THAT bright," they figured out what I was up to, and my Jeopardy reign was over.
Heh... love it!

Well I missed Jeopardy again yesterday, too busy preparing my lecture slides for today. I take it Lane didn't manage a second win? Too bad, but at least he was a champ once! :cheers:

Heh... love it!
I take it Lane didn't manage a second win? Too bad, but at least he was a champ once! :cheers:
Wrong. He won another $19K.

Reactions: Ted
Awwww.... what a letdown. :( And I thought for sure he would get that one... I'm usually terrible with business-related categories, and even I got it right. Well, he won what, $38,000? Not a bad run... once again, congratulations are in order. :thumbsup:

Ok all Jeopardy champions have to lose sometime. However Lane’s run ended due to a flawed clue. The Final Jeopardy clue tonight had to do with “the two founders” of a California company. Apple had three founders, and Lane knew it. Just ask Siri who founded Apple, and she’ll give you three names. $40k isn’t bad, and he had a great time. I had a blast watching him these three nights.

Last edited:
Back