Is the propeller + engine canted / offset to the side on a Cessna 210 ?

TheFGFSEagle

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
TheFGFSEagle
Many GA aircraft have their prop and engine tilted a bit to the right, but I've looked through many photos of Cessna 210's, and I couldn't spot ANY tilt on any of them. Is that right - is the prop and engine really straight on a Cessna 210, or am I just blind ? Thanks in advance ! :)

P.S.: I need this for the FDM of a Cessna 210 model for FlightGear, and I don't have access to a real C210. Also sorry if this post is in the wrong subforum - it's my first post here.

Many GA aircraft have their prop and engine tilted a bit to the right, but I've looked through many photos of Cessna 210's, and I couldn't spot ANY tilt on any of them. Is that right - is the prop and engine really straight on a Cessna 210, or am I just blind ? Thanks in advance ! :)

P.S.: I need this for the FDM of a Cessna 210 model for FlightGear, and I don't have access to a real C210. Also sorry if this post is in the wrong subforum - it's my first post here.

No. It is straight.

and far more elegant than a low wing propeller.

stand back now.

Look at the vertical stabilizer, you will see a lot of correction there.

wouldn’t that create additional drag?
Sure. But that same drag would be there as you hold more rudder to get the same effect. There are a number of airplanes and helicopters that use offset surfaces to relieve control surface requirements or for other aerodynamic stabilizations.

Look at the vertical stabilizer, you will see a lot of correction there.
Nope. Not on the Cessna singles. All straight. The larger ones call for the rudder to be offset a bit in the neutral position.

Back