Is the Plane you had your first lesson in still flying???

:yes::yes:
Um...okay. Thanks I guess. I just thought it was funny to take literally...as a joke.

Pretty much everyone here was a newbie at some point. Not quite sure how my joking around here would affect my training? Or why you are wishing me good luck with it.

Sorry if I broke etiquette here. It wasn't seriously meant. I am mainly a very respectful student who has a high regard for all pilots, and am slightly awed by how much it takes to get a PPL. I'm most definitely a newbie, and know-nothing. But I'm getting more than a little obsessed with flying.

I'll take your comment as well meant, and wish us all safe flying.

Um...okay. Thanks I guess. I just thought it was funny to take literally...as a joke.

Pretty much everyone here was a newbie at some point. Not quite sure how my joking around here would affect my training? Or why you are wishing me good luck with it.

Sorry if I broke etiquette here. It wasn't seriously meant. I am mainly a very respectful student who has a high regard for all pilots, and am slightly awed by how much it takes to get a PPL. I'm most definitely a newbie, and know-nothing. But I'm getting more than a little obsessed with flying.

No harm intended with the newbie comment... Just thought it was funny that this deep into this thread the jokes started. I was seriously wishing you good luck with your training. I remember how it was when I was doing my PPL...:yes::yes::yes:

Aww, don't sweat it.

I gave it a chuckle, though it's not a particularly new joke.

We haven't left one up there yet.

:yes::yes:

No harm intended with the newbie comment... Just thought it was funny that this deep into this thread the jokes started. I was seriously wishing you good luck with your training. I remember how it was when I was doing my PPL...:yes::yes::yes:

Maybe I was being thin skinned. Sorry. Also, I get that this is an old joke. I really didn't think was the first, just found it funny. To me.

Last edited:
This is the plane I had my first lesson in, got my PPL and IR in. I only flew one other plane for my first 500 hours a buddy had a 172XP and he let me fly it to the avionics shop to pick mine up! This is the airplane my dad bought new in 1972 and got his PPL in as well! It is the original N747JB :) We traded it in 1991 for a 310R and VanBortel changed the N number to 585BB for the new owners, then it was sold to the current owner in Nevada. I tried to buy it back about 10 years ago and got the "everything is for sale answer" :) I ended up buying the 182 we have now instead.

Ditched in the ocean in Feb. of this year.

http://www.ntsb.gov/_layouts/ntsb.aviation/brief.aspx?ev_id=20160203X52126&key=1

http://www.kathrynsreport.com/2016/02/piper-pa-28-161-warrior-ii-n8466g.html

KathrynsReport.jpg

First soloed in this one:

http://www.ntsb.gov/_layouts/ntsb.aviation/brief2.aspx?ev_id=20001212X20445&ntsbno=ATL00FA026&akey=1

I own the first plane I ever flew, 1961 Cherokee 160. But I have only been flying a little over a year.

Just found this site on Google while looking for a tail number I flew, I have to double check my log book but I think this little C152XP was my first or at least my Solo plane, the little flight club had two C150's for us to rent back at Front Range Airport East of Denver Colorado. FTG, N714YF was my pick of the two it seemed to have more power for me and my 200+ lb flight instructor to get off the ground in the afternoons right before the 5 oclock storms rolled in over the Colorado Rockies, Need Forum, glad I found it, Thanks for starting it and managing it. Looking forward to reading more post and following it through the years,
N714YF, 1981 Cessna 152XP still flying now lives in Scottsdale so at least that is a good climate for a 35 year old trainer.

I check all the planes I flew before we bought our own. Of the 8 aircraft 5 are no longer in the air including the one I trained in. NTSB reports on 3.

Sure is....

Attachments

• GBNKR.jpg
    GBNKR.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 6
Back