Is it possible to have too much bacon?

flhrci

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
David
Please see attached ad for a new pizza locally.

Attachments

• bacon006.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 130
This thread should be locked by the mods. :goofy:

When rational people know the answer is beyond debate it's irresponsible to waste valuable time and resources on such questions. :nono:

TjDpxEZ.png

I used to be a big fan of Oscar Myer center cut bacon. I could cook that stuff up nice and crispy, and it would literally melt in your mouth. But, their slicer must be permanently on the fritz. The last couple of times I've bought it, as soon as the package is opened it becomes just a congealed mess of pork fat, unrecognizable as bacon slices.

But, as a result, I discovered a local butcher who slices up wonderful bacon, just the way I like it. Buy local!

That is a little too much actually. I like pizza with bacon not bacon with pizza.

Canadian bacon is just fried ham. C'mon.

Bacon must be proper. For a proper BLT go to the Beacon Cafe:
Chuck Norris
A half pound Boar's Head Bacon,
Lettuce, Tomatoes, & Mayo on
toasted MultiGrain Bread.
$12

$12 for a BLT? Hell yes!

Chicken fried baken? Sounds like there are unnecessary food groups involved.

I did make candied bacon for some parties once. Big hit.

One popular snack item on the smoker:

pork belly burnt ends

Uncured pork belly, the cut bacon comes from, cut into cubes, seasoned with bbq rub and then smoked. Dump the pieces into a pan with some sauce and cook a little longer.

It ain’t bacon, but it is delicious.

Here’s one recipe (of many):

https://howtobbqright.com/2017/04/17/pork-belly-burnt-ends/

Canadian bacon is just fried ham. C'mon.

Bacon must be proper. For a proper BLT go to the Beacon Cafe:
Chuck Norris
A half pound Boar's Head Bacon,
Lettuce, Tomatoes, & Mayo on
toasted MultiGrain Bread.
$12

$12 for a BLT? Hell yes!
Make it turkey bacon and I’m in! ;)

Make it turkey bacon and I’m in! ;)

Turkey bacon is frankenfood. It is disgusting. If you've ever seen it being constructed you would never eat it again.

<-- that guy has seen it happening. One of the few foods he's seen processed that he will never touch again. Hot Dogs are more natural than that mess.

I had goose bacon when I was in New York last week.

Not very good at all.

You can have too much bacon. But the pizza in that ad didn't even come close to "too much".

How about turkey wrapped in bacon?

Every Memorial Day weekend I roast a whole pig. The belly gets mixed in with the rest of the meat when I break her down. Everything goes into my barbecue but the squeal.

How about turkey wrapped in bacon?

Every Memorial Day weekend I roast a whole pig. The belly gets mixed in with the rest of the meat when I break her down. Everything goes into my barbecue but the squeal.
From the rooter to the tooter.

Back