Iphone 6/6s plus case

cowman

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Cowman
Got a 6s plus pre-ordered, want to have a case ready for it. I've always used the thinner slightly flexible low-profile cases on my phone in the past and been happy. I don't really care for the really bulky ones like the otterbox, I'm a little worried that with the larger screen I might have issues though.

I carry my phone in my front pocket a lot and often with keys or tools in there at the same time so mainly worried about pressure against that large screen causing a problem.

I'm not hard on phones, I've had several going back to the 3g and they always lasted until the next upgrade, never broken/cracked one.... still though.

Got an iPhone 6 yesterday at work, it replaces a 5 year old blackberry (!). Running iOS 9, it seems to be working well. I loaded ForeFlight on it, I can see the radar and it displays my location.

Edit: it's also quite thin.

Last edited:
At sun n fun I purchased a hard case that is also a back up power source. Works for me,I usually carry my phone in a front pocket. Case was a little pricey.

I have a Lifeproof case. Paid for itself a couple months ago when I went swimming unexpectedly while out with the sea plane.

I use mine without a case because I have a Ram cradle in my cars, bike, planes, boat etc. I almost gave up on my 6 plus because it is to damn big to pack around. I can't sit down without taking it out of my pocket. I kinda got used to it.
How in the hell do you fit that big ass phone in your pocket with a case on it?

I like the leather Apple case for my 6+. Minimalist, but improves grip a bunch.

I use an Incipio case for my 6+. A thin hard plastic shell plus a softer rubber layer that goes over that. Not very thick and the matte black appeals to me. I use it in a RAM spring-loaded X holder on my recumbent trike and it stays put on the paved routes I ride.

Put a tempered glass screen shield on it. That's most of the battle. I use an Otter Box Defender, pop the plastic out, add a tempered glass screen saver, and mine takes a beating. I velcro the Otter's belt clip to my Cessna yoke so I have a cradle that's easy to use and doesn't interfere with anything.

I have the Spigen Tough Armor for my 6 Plus and have been pretty happy with it. I had a 5 before and did not use a case at all

I have the Otterbox Commuter and added a glass shield to it. I didn't want a large bulky case either and this was a nice middle ground.

I'm kinda liking this one from what I can see on the internet. Not sure about the integral screen protector but from what I read it's removable.

http://www.amazon.com/Armorbox-i-Blason-Builtin-Protector-Reduction/dp/B00M0RDH7E/

Adding in a tempered glass protector seems like it might be a good idea... do those stick on or what? I've had issues with the stick-on ones in some cases peeling off around the edges of the case and getting dirt/lint stuck under them.

Got a 6s plus pre-ordered, want to have a case ready for it. I've always used the thinner slightly flexible low-profile cases on my phone in the past and been happy. I don't really care for the really bulky ones like the otterbox, I'm a little worried that with the larger screen I might have issues though.

I carry my phone in my front pocket a lot and often with keys or tools in there at the same time so mainly worried about pressure against that large screen causing a problem.

I'm not hard on phones, I've had several going back to the 3g and they always lasted until the next upgrade, never broken/cracked one.... still though.

I use mophie batt packs/cases.

I got an iFace case from a guy at Oshkosh and I really like it. Min's a 5, but I'm certain they make one for the 6.

Last edited:
Back