Introducing.....

Stickman

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Stickman
Hi everyone. I'm the latest new guy to the forum. Since most of my internet searches end up here anyway it made good sense to sign up.

I have been impressed by the great information that appears here. Hopefully I can add some worthy contributions.

A little about me. I have been flying since 1977 and got my private in 1978. I fly an MD-11F for a box hauler of some dubious reputation. I flew the B-747 for many years as well as the DC-8 and B-727.

I have a 1955 Cessna 180 that I really love (currently getting a much deserved engine overhaul.)

So hello all and thanks for having me!

(oh, that's my buddy Tripp over there on the left)

Welcome aboard, Stickman. We have several other members that are box haulers as well. So, of the ATP class airplanes, which was your favorite ?

Welcome! Glad to have you. Help yourself to a donut and a cup of coffee, grab a keyboard, and join in!

The Bo

The Boeing FMS, the well designed (and relatively simple) systems and the ruggedness of the design.

I’ve never been a PAX on a 747, kinda sad I never got to ride in one. I’ve been in the DC10 series before.

Welcome Stickman! I bet you have a treasure trove of interesting stories to tell from your long career.

Cheers,

Pascal

When I was in my 20's the drivers at the plant all called me Stick Man. [Obvious reasons]

One weekend we went golfing and when they called out our foursome the starter said "Stickman."

We all laughed and they guy who put our names in asked "What's so funny?"

He said he thought that was my actual last name.

I'm finding that I actually know or have met a fair number of you folks. That makes it even better.

Back