I'm 20 years old. Am I the only one?

calberto

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Calberto
I never really thought about it before, but are there any other millennials on here? :D

I assume I'm pretty young, but I don't know.

I have skivvies older than you.

I have heard the term millennial but I assumed it defined someone born after the millennium which was just 15 years ago, not 20. Is my understanding of the term incorrect?

I have heard the term millennial but I assumed it defined someone born after the millennium which was just 15 years ago, not 20. Is my understanding of the term incorrect?

I never really put much thought into it actually. People always just referred to me and my peers as millennials. So I looked it up.

It kind of depends on your source, but this website does a decent job of explaining.

http://whatis.techtarget.com/definition/millennials-millennial-generation

I'm 18 so a millennial depending on definition I guess.

David just turned 21 and he's been here since he first peeked out of the womb...does that count? :)

Got my ppl at 22 ,that was probably when your parents where born.

And the point of this thread?
I thought the point was to make me feel old.
But instead it made me happy to see that there are young people getting into GA. It gives me hope that I will be able to sell my Bo when I get really old.

I'll be 40 in 1 year.
Holy crap did that happen fast?!

And the point of this thread?

I just know there aren't a lot of really young pilots, so I wanted to see how many were on this forum. That's all.

I didn't mean to make anyone feel old. Sorry if it did... :(

I just know there aren't a lot of really young pilots, so I wanted to see how many were on this forum. That's all.

I didn't mean it personally. My wife make conscious attempts to make me feel old daily. I keep telling her that she is catching up to me, but after 30 years, she is still 4 years younger than me.

hahahaha Im 37 so I don't feel old. Ask my wife, I act like a teenager. But yes you are correct. At our EAA fly in Im usually one of the youngest pilots there and Im not exactly young.

I have shoes older than you.....don't feel bad. My kid is 22, and he has had his ppl for 18 months.

I'm 51, but it seems like only yesterday I was 21. The older I get, the faster the years go by.

That said, been flying accident/incident free for 31 years.

I'll be 20 in the not too distant future. Got my private pilot license may of last year. Just over half way done with my instrument. Glad to see I'm not the only younger one here!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Ill be 20 in 12 days.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

when adjusted for true age, wind correction, and temps, I am like 19

When I was 20, I was on rec.aviation.* - closest thing to a forum there was back then.

Alas, I am now 39. I went to an IMC club meeting the other day, and (I think) I was _still_ the youngest person in the room.

Glad I'm not the youngest person here. There may be hope for GA yet...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Believe it or not, I remember Jay from those days. He was on rec.aviation.* as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glad to see so many younger pilots on here! I'm 36 and around my airport I definitely feel like the baby - with the exception of the skydiving crowd.

Glad to see so many younger pilots on here! I'm 36 and around my airport I definitely feel like the baby - with the exception of the skydiving crowd.

So you're saying the skydiving crowd tends to be young and foolish?? :D

Back