I'm 20 years old. Am I the only one?

So you're saying the skydiving crowd tends to be young and foolish?? :D

It certainly seems to be an attractive bunch, it seems to be about the only thing that brings the young ladies to the airport! :yesnod:

Regardless of age, welcome aboard!
Someone above stated they have skivvies which are 20 years old. I wear old skivvies so I can fly old planes :D

Last edited:
I'm 20, currently working on my commercial.

It certainly seems to be an attractive bunch, it seems to be about the only thing that brings the young ladies to the airport! :yesnod:

Well, thankfully some come to fly....

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 51

I think airplanes, and small airports, are chick repellers, unless you have the coin of say, Donald Trump. :D

I never really put much thought into it actually. People always just referred to me and my peers as millennials. So I looked it up.

It kind of depends on your source, but this website does a decent job of explaining.

http://whatis.techtarget.com/definition/millennials-millennial-generation

Well it seems that there is no exact consensus on what defines a millennial except that my assumed definition was wrong though I believe more logical. Still, just another attempt by the label makers to define and separate us.

Since getting my third first solo very recently, I have discovered that the only age that counts is time from last first solo. :)

Traditionally, human generations are defined in 20 year segments --- unless otherwise politically expedient.

I would tend to think that Millennials should be those born between 1986 and 2005
$0.02 (but, then, I'm only pushing 70, so what would I know?)

Hahaha. Great to see so many young pilots in the mix! Also, great to see a lot of experience in the mix too.

Didn't it? On the bright side, if the next 15 go by as quickly as the last 15 did, my mortgage will be paid off, and I can spend more time telling kids to get off my lawn.

I'll be 40 in 1 year.
Holy crap did that happen fast?!

Hey I'm also 20! I have my CPL and am working on a degree in mechanical engineering.

EDIT - Also I'm saving every dime I can for a Cessna 180. Should be able to buy one right when I graduate :) Yay engineering!

Last edited:
I'm 21, got my private in 2012, and am finishing up instrument in the next couple weeks!

I remember using my Dad's CompuServe account to ask aviation questions back in my mid teens. I made a UPS Captain friend that I'm still friends with today. Crazy how long ago that was!

You guys are killing me. Late to the game here, 40 something student pilot. I was majoring in surfing and minoring in going to class when I was 20. Surfing is cheap, I don't know how I would've payed for flight training back then.

More power to you!

You guys are killing me. Late to the game here, 40 something student pilot. I was majoring in surfing and minoring in going to class when I was 20. Surfing is cheap, I don't know how I would've payed for flight training back then.

More power to you!

Haha I got lucky and got to work in trade for flying lessons in a Champ in high school. Then I got a pretty good scholarship, so I could afford to fly :)

I'm 37. I'm either a very young Gen X'er or a very first millennial...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I didn't mean to make anyone feel old. Sorry if it did... :(

We don't need you to help us feel old. We just have to look around at the airport and see the same vintage of airplanes we were flying when we were young, and those airplanes are really old now. I learned to fly in an "old" 172 that was seven years old at the time. It's now 49 years old and still flying. New students these days are often flying airplanes almost that old. I own and fly a homebuilt that first flew in 1979. Its construction started in about 1963 or '64.

The kids I went to school with all look pretty awful. Old folks, they are. I try not to look in the mirror.

Beware. The years fly by and you'll be a grandpa before you know it. Use the time wisely.

I'm not a millennial. I'm not a thousand yet....

I'm 34 so older than you but younger than most here I assume. I personally know a fair amount of pilots, not one that I personally know is younger than me but I realize there are a lot of them out there, just that I don't know any:eek:

My nephew is soloed out in his dads plane and is 22 but his training seems to have halted and I'm not sure if he's gonna finish or not, his written is done, he just needs some checkride prep but the instructor we all used in the area isn't around anymore.

geez.... I have been out of the army for over 30 years now. Problem is I still don't know what I want to do when I grow up....

I'm 24. took my first flying lesson on my 15th birthday, solo'd on my 16, private check ride on my 17th. and worked on everything else thereafter that!

I'm 32 so not really a millennial, but I get lumped into that generation occasionally. Seems like people around my age get moved around depending on what the media wants to do.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Good to see a mix of ages.

Sneaking up on the middle of my fourth decade here.

Slightly younger than Spike's skivvies. ;)

Back