IFP on the ACS for IFR

Archimago

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Archimago
Hi,
I am thumbing through the ACS for instrument and noting the sources for each Task. I am not sure what they are referring to when they note "IFP" as a source. I.e what do I need to gleen from this source and what exactly is it.
Thanks!

...nevermind, it was AFM.. not sure how I got that so garbled.

no wait,.. It is under VI Instrument Approach procedures/
Task A. Nonprecision Approach References 14 CFR parts 61, 91; FAA-H-8083-15, FAA-H-8083-16; IFP, AIM, AC 120-108

Instrument Flight Procedures?

Thats what I think too, but I am not aware of a specific publication that addresses this.

Thanks for the link. I am a little confused as it seems to cover the same material that the TPP does. Ill have to dig around it a little more. This is definitely new material to me and I haven't come across references to it in the 8083 publications yet.

Thanks for the link. I am a little confused as it seems to cover the same material that the TPP does. Ill have to dig around it a little more. This is definitely new material to me and I haven't come across references to it in the 8083 publications yet.
It goes a bit further. The IFP site includes proposed changes as well as the regulatory source documents for the procedures.

It's far geekier than the TPP. I usually use it when I want to drill down a procedure, like when I suspect a charting error.

Back