If Meat Eaters Acted Like Vegans......

There are skinny vegans and fat vegans. There skinny Indians and fat Indians. The two are unrelated.
Not all indians are vegitarians, there is a sizeable muslim population there that eats meat.

I feed meat products to my plants, so I can get a double hit of meat when I eat my home grown veggies with my steak.
I really don't get why meat eaters are so proud of it. It's as if you think you're more manly. Are you really that insecure? I could care less what you eat, go on a full twinkie diet, it's your body to do what you wish to do with it. I agree people that constantly rave on about whatever cult they belong to are a total pain in the butt. Kind of like bonanza cultists.

- An all vegetable diet (vegan) DOES require a visit to your doctor. You will need dietary supplements - period.
Vitamin B-12, only because we wash our vegetables to make sure there's no feces on them. Eat meat, though, and you get your vitamin B-12 from the bacteria on the feces in the soil the animal eats--so ingested by us (well, not me anymore) by proxy. Plants have all the protein we need, but meat is an incomplete source of vitamins despite the B-12 abundance. Interesting article here: Even iceberg lettuce is a complete protein. Scroll down the page for the proof about lettuce.

I really don't get why meat eaters vegatarians are so proud of it. It's as if you think you're more manly. Are you really that insecure? I could care less what you eat, go on a full twinkie diet, it's your body to do what you wish to do with it. I agree people that constantly rave on about whatever cult they belong to are a total pain in the butt. Kind of like bonanza cultists.

Changed it to what I see a lot.

I have only met one war monger vegetarian. She was the date of a friend of mine to a bar-b-que years ago. She went off on her rant. We listened, then I told her I would be glad to fix her a vegan meal if I had been informed earlier. There were plenty of vegetables, even a zucchini salsa that I had found a recipe for.

She went from preachin' to meddlin' and that is when I asked her to leave. It must have been hard for her to be non-meat eater and anti gun and anti hunter and living in Texas....

I really don't get why meat eaters are so proud of it. It's as if you think you're more manly. Are you really that insecure? I could care less what you eat, go on a full twinkie diet, it's your body to do what you wish to do with it. I agree people that constantly rave on about whatever cult they belong to are a total pain in the butt. Kind of like bonanza cultists.
Now wait just a darn minute!
I resemble that remark!

Changed it to what I see a lot.

I have only met one war monger vegetarian. She was the date of a friend of mine to a bar-b-que years ago. She went off on her rant. We listened, then I told her I would be glad to fix her a vegan meal if I had been informed earlier. There were plenty of vegetables, even a zucchini salsa that I had found a recipe for.

She went from preachin' to meddlin' and that is when I asked her to leave. It must have been hard for her to be non-meat eater and anti gun and anti hunter and living in Texas....
Contrary to popular belief not everyone in Texas is nuts but I'm sure glad I got out of there after I left AA. My favorite thing was watching Texas getting smaller on climb out on one of my numerous vacations, took at least 8 a year.

I really don't get why meat eaters are so proud of it.

What's wrong with celebrating something you really like? I don't eat a ton of red meat, but the occasional In-n-Out burger or ribeye steak is a real treat for me.

I have only met one war monger vegetarian. She was the date of a friend of mine to a bar-b-que years ago.

I don't frequent barbecues for obvious reasons. When trapped at them (which has happened) I eat whatever I can find, or just starve. Contrary to popular opinion you do NOT need three meals a day.

I would not attend a barbecue and try and ruin it for everyone else.

I don't frequent barbecues for obvious reasons. When trapped at them (which has happened) I eat whatever I can find, or just starve. Contrary to popular opinion you do NOT need three meals a day.

I don’t mind vegans at the BBQ. They roast just about like the omnivores. They do tend to need more salt n spices to remedy their bland tastelessness...

I love Twinkies!
But the fundamental problem with your statement is not what you believe, but what you think I believe.
That's the one, ongoing and not easily corrected problem with this form of communication. There is no universally accepted "Sarcasm" font.

I have only met one war monger vegetarian.

I've encountered a few, but none so vitriolic as a woman I worked with. As the Brits say, "She was a complete nutter."
I love me a good bacon cheeseburger, and back in the day when IBM owned and operated it's own cafeterias and staff, we had a cook at the lab who was the Einstein of burgers.
You custom ordered your burger, and he cooked it and assembled it right in front of you. And it was ALWAYS perfect.
I would take my medium rare, 1/2 pound burger, with 6 slices of crispy bacon, 2 slices of swiss cheese, lettuce, tomato, A-1 sauce, a big pile of hot fries and a vanilla milkshake thick enough to stand a prop in it without falling over, across to the cafeteria to "my" table. There I would sit in the midst of my team and admire with awe it's juicy, meaty perfection for a moment, then go face down in it.
My team would be consumed with jealousy because the young men and women were always on a diet, and the old men and women would be too afraid, and they would watch me bite into it.
And with a mouth full of heaven I would declare "Damm, this is GOOD!"
One day, a women I will call "Angela" (OK that was her real name. I don't care if she ever reads this and is offended by it.) the local, resident Vegan Hawk, came by and declared:
"That's disgusting! How can you eat that? Don't you care what you are doing to the environment? Don't you care what you were doing to you body? Don't you care what you are doing to the cute little cows?
And on and on and on for about 5 or more minutes.
All I could hear was the sound of the 6 slices of crispy bacon and the anguished death cries of the lettuce and tomato as I took and chewed each luscious bite. (They are still alive when you eat them, right? Vegans and vegetarians are so cruel!)
When I was done chewing, and attempting to be the polite, sensitive man my mother raised me to be, I looked up and asked Angela "Did you say something?"
She screeched at me.
Then she said a bunch of not nice things and stormed off. To file a complaint with my manager, HR, the Pope, my mother, and God.
I heard about it from all of them. Maybe not God. I don't know if that was real or just a side affect from eating so much beef and bacon.
Ever after, I made sure, that whenever I got my "NirvanaBurger", I would sit as close to her as possible so she could see me.
So she complained about that. Her anti-meat lectures outside the cafeteria got louder and more vitriolic
So people, myself included got a lot of big leather belts, leather boots, shirts, sweaters and jackets with leather patches, and leather motorcycle jackets. I started wearing my leather flight jacket with the 300+ stars painted on it from my Air Force days.
She complained about that. Someone explained what the stars meant, and she totally lost it.
So I got a leather blotter for my desk, a leather mouse pad, and a custom chamois cover for my mouse.
It was pretty neat. The woman who made it even sewed on little mouse eyes, ears, nose and whiskers. (OK the whiskers were a pain).
Anyway, after 4 months of jousting, she finally came unglued and went through the cafeteria throwing things in all the meat products and knocking peoples trays out of their hands.
Angela got pensioned off and sent to Craig House, where IBMers who slip a cog on the job go to get some much needed rest.
They didn't have a Vegan food service there.
And there you have it.
Proof there is a God, and he likes bacon cheeseburgers.

I would take my medium rare, 1/2 pound burger, with 6 slices of crispy bacon, 2 slices of swiss cheese, lettuce, tomato, A-1 sauce, a big pile of hot fries and a vanilla milkshake thick enough to stand a prop in it without falling over, across to the cafeteria to "my" table.

My father ate like you. At his thinnest he was heavier than I've been at my most. Had he not died from the Alzheimers I suspect he would have died young from cardiovascular illness. He had flabitis when he was the age I am now. My suegro also ate like you, and almost died of a heart attack when he was the age I am now. I am glad you enjoyed your food.

My father ate like you. At his thinnest he was heavier than I've been at my most. Had he not died from the Alzheimers I suspect he would have died young from cardiovascular illness. He had flabitis when he was the age I am now. My suegro also ate like you, and almost died of a heart attack when he was the age I am now. I am glad you enjoyed your food.

I don't eat like that anymore, but I still eat whatever I want. It doesn't seem to bother me. Except I am a few pounds heavier than my old "fighting weight".
I have very low blood pressure, low cholesterol, very fast heart rate recovery. I can't run anymore, my knees aren't up to it, but I hike between 6 and 10 miles, almost every day, and this past summer I did a 25 mile "challenge" for charity and beat my wife and all 6 of my kids.
No, in my family we all die of cancer. According to statistical analysis, I'm due to kick off in 3,2,1...

No disrespect, but I'll have a T-bone and a Bonanza. But reality is I eat mostly chicken and fish, but I'll still take a Bo. Sure would like one of them @Shepherd burgers right now though....

Contrary to popular belief not everyone in Texas is nuts but I'm sure glad I got out of there after I left AA. My favorite thing was watching Texas getting smaller on climb out on one of my numerous vacations, took at least 8 a year.

What do you think we were having a party for? Watching folks that can't stand the fact that they are not going to change Texans to suit their life leave...:lol::lol:

Like I said, don't care what or how you eat. And give a little notice and I'll fix a good vegetarian meal as requested. Done that lots of times.

And I can guarantee that the cows and buffalos (ok, bison) were vegens as well...

I still eat what I want, just moderation is the name of the game now. My cardiologist is well pleased with my arteries, even during the heart attack he could not believe how great my arteries look.

Wanna know why my vegetarian chili is a big hit..???

In the interests of full disclosure, one of my daughters is a Vegetarian, and one of my dearest and closest friends is a Vegan.
I don't have a problem with it. When they come over, I make special meals and treats for them.

And here I was hoping to see you at the Fly-B-Q again sometime.

In the interests of full disclosure, one of my daughters is a Vegetarian, and one of my dearest and closest friends is a Vegan.
I don't have a problem with it. When they come over, I make special meals and treats for them.

Nothing wrong with that. That's different from someone demanding that the host cater to their preferences.

The problem with diets is exactly this. You were doing something to make yourself fat. So you go on said diet to get skinny. Whatever said diet is, its probably awful and you can probably only maintain it for a limited time. So you go back to whatever it was that was making you fat. Rinse and repeat.

What actually works in the long term is portion control and regular exercise. You can eat whatever you want, but you have to limit your portions, especially when eating calorie rich foods. If you need to loose weight, calories in should be less than calories out. Once your weight target has been reached, calories in equals calories out.

The other good thing about portion control is if you have the discipline to maintain it, your digestive will adjust until the new portion gives you satiety. It really does work.

And yes, there are fat Vegans, I'm related to one. I never said there weren't. I just said that they're rare, and I'll stick to that. The Indians you meet are in America and are rich. They're cousins back in India are lily Vegans because they can't afford meat or fowl, and I'll bet they're skinny. Most of the folks I've met in the third world are, and it isn't by choice.
Chill dude. Clearly this is a complex issue I reduced to hyperbole.

Chill dude. Clearly this is a complex issue I reduced to hyperbole.

Complex it is, though the solution is simple in idea nd very, very complex in implementation. I can only wish you good luck.

And here I was hoping to see you at the Fly-B-Q again sometime.

If I thought I was spoiling it for someone I would refrain from attending.

I think genetics has more to do with it than anything else does.

When I was about seven years old, I went to visit my grandmother. She was about 74 or 75 at the time. She was cooking sausage, peppers, and onions when I arrived.

I asked her how she was doing, and she told me that she'd just gotten back from a visit with her new doctor that morning. I asked her what the doctor had said. In broken English she told me, "The doctor, he tella me that I havva too much-a, how you say? Colesterolo. So I can no eat anything that a taste-a good. If it taste-a bad, I can eat all I want-a. But if it taste-a good, I can no eat. Same as the old-a doctor tella me."

"Then why are you eating sausage?" I asked.

"I no speak-a English a-too good," she replied with a laugh. Then she set out two plates and we had sausage, peppers, and onions together.

Halfway into the meal, I asked, "What happened to the old doctor, Nonna?"

"È morto," she replied. "La settimana scorsa." Then she pointed to her heart and continued. "Il suo cuore. And-a so young," she added, shaking her head.

Grandma lived another ten years and continued to eat whatever she wanted. She was healthy until the day she died. I think she also outlived another doctor or two.

Rich

Last edited:
Years back I dated a girl from Singapore. She was a vegetarian. I had no problem fixing meals for her, and she taught me some decent veggie meals.

We didn't date for very long, she was too heavy for my taste.

Last edited:
You can live to be 100 if you give up everything that makes you want to live to be 100...
Actually, it is in the cards whether or not you will be a centenarian. Most folks die in their 80's of one thing or another. But centenarians age differently, in their 80s they look more like they're in their 60's. There is one gene in particular involved, a master controller of nutritional systems.

No particular combination of foods or lifestyles promotes one to be a centenarian.

Actually, it is in the cards whether or not you will be a centenarian. Most folks die in their 80's of one thing or another. But centenarians age differently, in their 80s they look more like they're in their 60's. There is one gene in particular involved, a master controller of nutritional systems.

No particular combination of foods or lifestyles promotes one to be a centenarian.
Then what is all the big deal about eating healthy?

I had an aunt that died when she was 99. I guess she just had bad genes.

I remember when she was in her early 90s, she said that if she had known she was going to live this long, she would have taken better care of herself.

Her favorite beverage was a gin & tonic. She would put two or three ice cubes in a water glass and fill it to within a half inch of the top with gin. Then she put a splash of tonic in it. She always said she drank that because the tonic made her feel better.

I think genetics has more to do with it than anything else does.

When I was about seven years old, I went to visit my grandmother. She was about 74 or 75 at the time. She was cooking sausage, peppers, and onions when I arrived.

I asked her how she was doing, and she told me that she'd just gotten back from a visit with her new doctor that morning. I asked her what the doctor had said. In broken English she told me, "The doctor, he tella me that I havva too much-a, how you say? Colesterolo. So I can no eat anything that a taste-a good. If it taste-a bad, I can eat all I want-a. But if it taste-a good, I can no eat. Same as the old-a doctor tella me."

"Then why are you eating sausage?" I asked.

"I no speak-a English a-too good," she replied with a laugh. Then she set out two plates and we had sausage, peppers, and onions together.

Halfway into the meal, I asked, "What happened to the old doctor, Nonna?"

"È morto," she replied. "La settimana scorsa. Then she pointed to her heart and continued. "Il suo cuore. And-a so young," she added, shaking her head.

Grandma lived another ten years and continued to eat whatever she wanted. She was healthy until the day she died. I think she also outlived another doctor or two.

Rich

Sounds familiar Rich. My Dad and his parents (Italian) all ate like that and lived well into their 90s. Damn now ya made me hungry for sausage, peppers, and onions!

Sounds familiar Rich. My Dad and his parents (Italian) all ate like that and lived well into their 90s. Damn now ya made me hungry for sausage, peppers, and onions!

Well, 'mediterranean diet' it is. Contrary to what US advertising wants to tells you, italians don't eat much pizza and pasta. Both are accompaniments to a main meal, not a meal by themselves. The only carbs in 'sausage peppers and onions' are the naturally occurring ones in both peppers and onions, you could probably even fit it into an Adkins diet. Add to that judicious consumption of wine and your food is not going to kill you.

If your blood type caused an evolutionary disadvantage, those blood types would have died out a long time ago. Just another tool to sell a diet.

They did. Why do you think that only A,B and O survived? All of the other letters went extinct.

:cool:

They did. Why do you think that only A,B and O survived? All of the other letters went extinct.

:cool:

I kind of thought a blood type that is at a disadvantage in one place, will have an advantage in another depending on the food available. Perhaps the types evolved in response to the food available. We know that different types respond differently and are more or less susceptible to certain diseases. Why would it be out of line to think it may have some bearing on how we respond to different foods/nutrients. Doesn't seem far fetched, but it may not be right at all. Just seems interesting to me, so I though I'd share. I didn't know about the supplements and stuff. Just the book. Anyway, I deleted it.

I kind of thought a blood type that is at a disadvantage in one place, will have an advantage in another depending on the food available. Perhaps the types evolved in response to the food available. We know that different types respond differently and are more or less susceptible to certain diseases. Why would it be out of line to think it may have some bearing on how we respond to different foods/nutrients. Doesn't seem far fetched, but it may not be right at all. Just seems interesting to me, so I though I'd share. I didn't know about the supplements and stuff. Just the book. Anyway, I deleted it.

And you maybe right. To be honest, I am woefully ignorant of blood type effects. I was just trying to make a little joke about some blood types dying out and the absence of letters between B and O.

Back