If Meat Eaters Acted Like Vegans......

And you maybe right. To be honest, I am woefully ignorant of blood type effects. I was just trying to make a little joke about some blood types dying out and the absence of letters between B and O.

Yeah, I don't know much about it either. It's apparent, however, that weilke is and expert on the topic, so I'm content to defer to his judgment.

I kind of thought a blood type that is at a disadvantage in one place, will have an advantage in another depending on the food available. Perhaps the types evolved in response to the food available. We know that different types respond differently and are more or less susceptible to certain diseases. Why would it be out of line to think it may have some bearing on how we respond to different foods/nutrients. Doesn't seem far fetched, but it may not be right at all. Just seems interesting to me, so I though I'd share. I didn't know about the supplements and stuff. Just the book. Anyway, I deleted it.
Some blood types are disadvantaged. For instance have you ever tried to find B- on a Saturday night in Tijuana? Ya can’t ‘cause it’s all been used. Ya just have to use expanders n stuff or go into shock and die.

(I made that up)

Some blood types are disadvantaged. For instance have you ever tried to find B- on a Saturday night in Tijuana? Ya can’t ‘cause it’s all been used. Ya just have to use expanders n stuff or go into shock and die.

(I made that up)

Can’t you be positive?

The blood types are determined genetically and are an example of a codominant genetic system. A and B are both dominant to O. The molecules involved are carbohydrate chains on the surface of erythrocytes. In the A allele and N-acetyl galactosamine residue is added to a branch chain carbohydrate called the H substance. In the B allele a galactose residue is added instead. In the O genotype no residue is added. I’ve never heard of one or the other blood type in and of itself conferring disease susceptibility other than the Rh factor in preaclampsia. Then again, I learn new things all the time. Of of the joys of being alive.

For breakfast this morning (Thanks to James Dean's operation) I killed a couple of unhatched chickens and for lunch I ate some previously processed grass or hay served on a bun with an offering from a dairy cow on top (think Cheese) With a slice of one very potent onion and a smattering of mustard. Sorry Steingar, I like lettuce only as a topping, not a wrap. Mayo and onion are necessary in that restaurant burger.

I spent my youth in farm country and appreciate that steers make their contribution to my veganism. Steers, and other bovines process the vegetables so I don't have to worry about cholesterol (Mine is high BTW but I'm not worried about that.) I can't even stand the smell of lamb or mutton cooking and I once returned home from work to discover my wife was cooking same. I told her to toss it because were going out for dinner.

I'm currently a suburbanite but one who appreciates what Angus and Hereford cattle do for us. They are protecting our health by previously processing veggie things.

About ten miles away from where I live is the county fairgrounds. One time I was there a cow calved. The uninformed said 'Wow, it's a boy'. My retort was "Not for long, he will soon be veal". Most city dwellers have no conception of reality. The don't realize that milk comes from cows, not bottles. They would probably be shocked to learn the truth. I admit to getting a chuckle from their ignorance. In my early days I learned how to tease barn cats with a squirt from a cow's udder and quickly discovered that boar hogs are not nice critters.

I haven't yet decided what's for dinner but I suspect it will pi** off the PETA folks.

All that BS said I am thinking of opening another fast food change that caters to men who like their women a tad more than ample. Forgive me Clara Peller but the burgers will have no more meat, just bigger buns.

See you in a few weeks Mark. This post may earn me a vacation. I have already gotten on from a railroad forum.

Said in jest, and I hope all take it that way.

Back