Votes: 22 37.3%
  • Yes, I do

Votes: 25 42.4%
  • Can I put a potty in it?

Votes: 3 5.1%
  • Crap. Spiderweb is back.

Votes: 9 15.3%

• Total voters
All that money to go 145kts in an unpressurized can?
That was my same thought. Caravans do have a certain "cool" factor to them, like a Hummer H1, but they definitely have their niche market and have only specific roles they're good for.

All that money to go 145kts in an unpressurized can? No, thanks.

Buy a PC-12.
Agreed! I've never been impressed with their performance numbers in the slightest. First time I saw a Caravan in the flesh, I said to myself "whoa that thing is huge, I bet it's a beast!"

That thought quickly changed once I learned about them shortly there after.
"That's it?!"

Still a nice airplane, nonetheless.

Last edited:
I have an extended family of 10 persons.

Most of them like to go to three places, all of which are between 300-350 miles from here.

Most GA aircraft are unpressurized cans. But this is a big can, with comfy seats--perfect for a two hour trip.

Crap. Spidey's back.

There's a guy that comes into TUP every once in a while that has one. He bought it to take his grandkids to swim meets.

Agreed! I've never been impressed with their performance numbers in the slightest. First time I saw a Caravan in the flesh, I said to myself "whoa that thing is huge, I bet it's a beast!"

That thought quickly changed once I learned about them shortly there after.
"That's it?!"

Still a nice airplane, nonetheless.

Get a Kodiak

I have an extended family of 10 persons.

Most of them like to go to three places, all of which are between 300-350 miles from here.

Most GA aircraft are unpressurized cans. But this is a big can, with comfy seats--perfect for a two hour trip.

Crap. Spidey's back.
Yeah, but... training wheels.

Hate fueling them, but there's a single point mod you can get for it for a measly ~500k. Frequently handle a Kodiak as well, they are neat but shorter. The guy who flew out with his was packed to the gills with stuff and still took off in a short distance.

I'll take it if you give it to me. But, I'd probably sell it and buy a Porter. A mountain capable, flying pickup truck.

Are you now traveling with a string quartet? ;)

Welcome back!

Put it on amphib floats.
Make the interior like a decent camper.
Give me the money for unlimited fuel.

And then I will take it.

Yes, this was my thought too when I saw one at OSH years ago on amphibs. The ultimate motor home!

Do you need a commercial cert to be pic due to the number of seats?

All that money to go 145kts in an unpressurized can? No, thanks.

Buy a PC-12.

PC-12s don't come on floats though. ;)

Although if I was looking at a Caravan I'd look at a turbo Otter just for style points.

A friend of mine had one and said you could not put a *Grand* Caravan on floats, only the regular Caravan. No idea if that's true.

Do you need a commercial cert to be pic due to the number of seats?
One could act as PIC of a 747 while holding a PPL if their wallet was big enough. The number of seats does not matter.

Flown both a PC-12 and a hotrodded van, simply put, different planes for different missions, the 208B, especially when equipped with a Garrett, is a phenomenal aircraft and trues out well above 145kts and will haul a TON of stuff, add to that their profile on floats or amphibs, and simple systems and mx difference between the PC-12 and the simple 208, you can't really knock a 208B.

Some performance # s
http://www.texasturbines.com/supervan-900/supervan-900-performance/

One could act as PIC of a 747 while holding a PPL if their wallet was big enough. The number of seats does not matter.
Yeah, I don't know where I got the idea that ppl limit was 6 on board from, I thought I read it in a far, but I certainly cant find anything like that looking now.

Yeah, I don't know where I got the idea that ppl limit was 6 on board from, I thought I read it in a far, but I certainly cant find anything like that looking now.
Seat numbers come into play with 135 and 121 certificates.

How would that apply?

image.jpg

Back