• Yes, I do

Votes: 25 42.4%
  • Can I put a potty in it?

Votes: 3 5.1%
  • Crap. Spiderweb is back.

Votes: 9 15.3%

• Total voters
How would that apply?

It is the only thing off the top of my head that limits one to no more than six pax. If you know of anything else, please let me know. I am always looking to add to my knowledge.

It is the only thing off the top of my head that limits one to no more than six pax. If you know of anything else, please let me know. I am always looking to add to my knowledge.
Wow. I guess so. I thought i read that before basic med existed but I guess not. Thanks.

Think six is also where insurance (if you subscribe to their products) draw some type of line for charging more.

Think six is also where insurance (if you subscribe to their products) draw some type of line for charging more.

Correct. Our 182 insurance is littered with references to "6 seats or less" for non-owned aircraft, etc.

That was my same thought. Caravans do have a certain "cool" factor to them, like a Hummer H1, but they definitely have their niche market and have only specific roles they're good for.

Hey now don't make fun of my H1, it's very practical! (Or maybe I've convinced myself of that to justify me keeping it :confused:) people often give me the "why do you have that slow thing" my response "it may not be fast, but it will definitely get there" I feel like that's the same with caravan. For the guy that's in no rush, but will definitely arrive....anywhere....with everything that will fit.

I only had the opportunity to fly a caravan once, it was a pleasure to fly, so yes I want one, on amphibs, That's my personal powerball winning dream

Correct. Our 182 insurance is littered with references to "6 seats or less" for non-owned aircraft, etc.

Come to think of it, my poilcy might have the same verbiage if I recall correctly. I didn't think of that when I responded to Salty's question though I was thinking more along the lines of a regulatory restriction and I believe Salty was as well. Still a very good thing to remember before you strap into a plane with more seats.

people often give me the "why do you have that slow thing"

I got the same look from people when I show up in my lifted FJ Cruiser with a snorkel. Everyone always asks me the same thing, if I actually use a snorkel. I tell them no it just looks cool, ha! :D

I've got about 1,000 hours in Caravans, and have had exactly 0 issues with it that left me stranded somewhere. I've got 300 in the PC12, and had plenty of grounding issues that left me places I didn't want to be. The Caravan is without a doubt the most reliable airplane I've ever flown. That's why I ditched the PC12, and went back to the 'Van. Well, I also really missed flying in Alaska.

Hey now don't make fun of my H1, it's very practical! (Or maybe I've convinced myself of that to justify me keeping it :confused:) people often give me the "why do you have that slow thing" my response "it may not be fast, but it will definitely get there" I feel like that's the same with caravan. For the guy that's in no rush, but will definitely arrive....anywhere....with everything that will fit.

I only had the opportunity to fly a caravan once, it was a pleasure to fly, so yes I want one, on amphibs, That's my personal powerball winning dream
Also, it isn't that slow if you are making trips in the range of 200-400 miles. Put everyone and all their stuff inside and just go!

I agree with the posts regarding one on floats. That would make for a great flying travel trailer.

I've got about 1,000 hours in Caravans, and have had exactly 0 issues with it that left me stranded somewhere. I've got 300 in the PC12, and had plenty of grounding issues that left me places I didn't want to be. The Caravan is without a doubt the most reliable airplane I've ever flown. That's why I ditched the PC12, and went back to the 'Van. Well, I also really missed flying in Alaska.

The southeast isn't really Alaska, but it was still fun....:yesnod::lol::lol:

(and I knew you would be back)

The southeast isn't really Alaska, but it was still fun....:yesnod::lol::lol:

(and I knew you would be back)

Real Alaska is bethel but well....

I'd much rather be in Southeast where I can have a beer after work and people don't spit chewing tobacco on the floor of my plane.

IIRC you said I'd be back in a year...I only made it six months lol

Back