I reported a taxiway incursion this morning

Matthew

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Matthew
Ground: “Cessna xxx, rwy 36, taxi via alpha, cleared across rwy 4, hold short 36.”

Me: “uhh, maybe keep an eye out for that coyote that just crossed alpha in front of me, heading towards the rwy.”

Back in the glider club we'd have to watch out for the coyote poop on the rwy during operations.

I've seen them at this airport before, but usually along the perimeter. This was the first time I had to slow down to avoid hitting one.

I don't mind slowing down to admire the hawks sitting on the taxiway lights, though. Those are pretty cool.

Do coyotes help keep the birds away? That could be a valuable PIREP.

We will get warnings about geese in the vicinity, usually that's when they decide to move from pond to pond and then a large group will fly near the rwy.

Do coyotes help keep the birds away? That could be a valuable PIREP.
My airport has a dummy coyote they set out in various locations to try repel the birds. And of COURSE it's the subject of numerous radio calls saying, "There's a dog by the runway!"

Ron Wanttaja

Acme123, I have a phone number for you....

My airport has a dummy coyote they set out in various locations to try repel the birds. And of COURSE it's the subject of numerous radio calls saying, "There's a dog by the runway!"

Ron Wanttaja
There’s a house near me with a pond on their property. They have 2 coyote decoys they set near the water. I think they reposition them every now and then. I’m assuming it’s to keep the geese away.

Ground: “Cessna xxx, rwy 36, taxi via alpha, cleared across rwy 4, hold short 36.”

Me: “uhh, maybe keep an eye out for that coyote that just crossed alpha in front of me, heading towards the rwy.”

I similarly reported one recently;
“Ground N1234 be advised a coyote just entered runway at this end.”
“1234 roger, hold short rwy 05”
“1234 holding short 05; I noticed he blew right past those hold bars without a clearance”
“(Chuckle) they do not seem to follow all our rules!”

Coyotes... no big deal. You really don't wanna try to hurry these guys along...and they do like hangin' around on landing strips.

1712704350093.png

A coyote ran past my mother's back door the other night. A really big one, about the size of a large German Shepherd dog. She lives in a town with lots of families with children.

Back