I Like Guns

Not so. Now the .500 S&W Magnum is more powerful but the .500 S&W is not.

Just looked it up, I hadn't realized they came out with the .500 S&W Special. The "magnum" was just called the .500 S&W last I had looked into these things.

Just looked it up, I hadn't realized they came out with the .500 S&W Special. The "magnum" was just called the .500 S&W last I had looked into these things.

Ahhh, it's all marketing. I'm still enamored with the 357 Sig. Maybe it'll be the next chamber I buy...maybe.

IMG_0184.JPG

Girls with guns... It's a .480 Ruger. Not quite as big as the 500 Smith, but still has some knock down :)

I'm a little technically challenged. I don't know how to rotate the picture from my phone.

Took the picture at the SHOT show in the Barnes Bullets booth - me and my Kudu

Last edited:
View attachment 18331

Girls with guns... It's a .480 Ruger. Not quite as big as the 500 Smith, but still has some knock down :)

I'm a little technically challenged. I don't know how to rotate the picture from my phone.

Took the picture at the SHOT show in the Barnes Bullets booth - me and my Kudu

just tip your head to the left ... picture rotated! :)

:) BTW, did my son-in-law Nathan ever find you at SHOT?

We got to chat on the phone for a little bit. He was really busy and we were having all kinds of problems of our own. I know it's a great venue, but I really do hate the SHOT show. The only thing good about it is getting to see lots of friends and meet new ones. Unfortunately we didn't get to do much of that this year. Grrr. At least flying commercial was a non-event. :smile:

We still definitely have to meet sometime. I'm still trying to convince Bill we need to do some video stuff.

This is my primary carry pistol,

S&W M&P45

I have the Night Sights, And Competition Trigger (Performance Center Sear).

SWNov3L.jpg

l_26bfe7b7be6143339884874636caf124.jpg

Last edited:
That would be rather difficult for me to conceal on a regular basis.

That would be rather difficult for me to conceal on a regular basis.

With the black hawk holster if conceals nicely!!

My only issue's I have with it is the mag release.. every now and then it hits the seatbelt in the truck and the mag unlocks. The only way to prevent it is to set it up for left handed mag release. Simple to do but not ideal if you want to have speedy may changes.

Also since it is ambidextrous the safety lever needs modified for the crimson trace laser grips which would be nice to have.

With the Performance Sear the trigger pull is about 3# and very consistent and crisp I can shoot 1-2': group's at 50' and even with the cheapest ammo it has never had a feed problem or fail to fire I fired 500 rounds in 1 day not a glitch.

I have a S&W M&P Compact 9mm and -- despite my Sig Snobbiness -- love that gun. Small, light, and shoots all day without a flaw.

Nothing to be snobby about Sigs. Just another gun. :D

Back