I Like Guns

Perhaps, but this is what results when you click on that link:

Not Found

The requested URL /forum/<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-TC2xTCb_GU&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-TC2xTCb_GU&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object> was not found on this server.

Perhaps, but this is what results when you click on that link:

Not Found

The requested URL /forum/<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-TC2xTCb_GU&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-TC2xTCb_GU&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object> was not found on this server.

Well, better than this:

The web site you are trying to reach may not be appropriate.

We talking NFA here Dan or what?

Enquiring minds want to know!

We like 'em too. In fact, Mary just bought one of these today:
black-black.jpg

It's a Walther P22, a sweet little .22 pistol that she picked out after trying on Berettas, Rugers, and Glocks. It fits her hand perfectly (unlike our S&W 9mm), weighs next to nothing, is easily concealable, and is wickedly accurate.

Best of all, we can shoot it all day for what it costs to shoot the 9mm for an hour... :D

We like 'em too. In fact, Mary just bought one of these today:
black-black.jpg

It's a Walther P22, a sweet little .22 pistol that she picked out after trying on Berettas, Rugers, and Glocks. It fits her hand perfectly (unlike our S&W 9mm), weighs next to nothing, is easily concealable, and is wickedly accurate.

Best of all, we can shoot it all day for what it costs to shoot the 9mm for an hour... :D

Very nice! I used to carry the P99 (.40 S&W). I do enjoy Walthers!

I like guns too :D and not only that, I get to go to the SHOT show next week :D:D:D. Actually it's not nearly as much fun when you kind of have to work :)

It's not often that the sound of a gun is used as a musical instrument. It happens occasionally, just not very often.

I like guns too :D and not only that, I get to go to the SHOT show next week :D:D:D. Actually it's not nearly as much fun when you kind of have to work :)

But when you get to work with the best custom 1911's in the business, it can't be that much "work".

:)

But when you get to work with the best custom 1911's in the business, it can't be that much "work".

:)

Yea, I guess we resemble that remark :D. Thanks for the compliment Anthony! Blatant commercial plug www.wilsoncombat.com

It's pretty cool to get to see folks like Ted Nugent and Tom Selleck too.

Everyone, I'd like yall to meet a good friend of mine. His name is Butch, and he's a Glock 21SF. 45.ACP

100_2287.jpg

I like guns too. Here's a pic of my boy with the jewel of my (small) gun collection - an M1 Garand. Note the shirt he's wearing...

Attachments

• garand.jpg
    garand.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 85
Yea, I guess we resemble that remark :D. Thanks for the compliment Anthony! Blatant commercial plug www.wilsoncombat.com

Joyce, have fun at SHOT. I'd be like a kid in a candy store. Seriously folks, Wilson's are the best custom 1911 on the market. Just superb quality and superb firearms.

Joyce, I hope you have a great time out there. :) My brother said he isn't going this year, but will likely get to go next year.

Ohhhhhhh, Tom Selleck!!!!!!! :goofy: Is he really as tall as he seems on TV?

This thread makes me want to go back out on the range and get more time in with my XD-40.

Ohhhhhhh, Tom Selleck!!!!!!! :goofy: Is he really as tall as he seems on TV?

Actually he's not very tall. But still really good looking :yesnod:

Scott, I don't know how you find all those pictures! Amazing.

It is interesting the video has an Australian flag in the back ground. Guns are restricted / banned there.

One of the posts on his blog explains that he went to a firing range in Cambodia

I just got back from Cambodia the other day where we were filming for the first single, “I like guns”. We visited a local shooting range and had the time of our lives. We got to shoot all sorts of cool weapons that are impossible to get our hands on in Oz.

I'm guessing even with our second amendment rights, it would be tough to find a functioning privately owned RPG in the US :D

pm me and I'll see what I can do. I don't really have that much clout on the sales dept, but I can certainly make recommendations :) I always like to help pilot buddies :)

I'm looking for a .45 and a .22.

Still deciding on make, model, barrel length...

pm me and I'll see what I can do. I don't really have that much clout on the sales dept, but I can certainly make recommendations :) I always like to help pilot buddies :)

How about Wilson make a POA "special":target:

POA engraving( preferably a cherokee on it):smile:
5" barrel
accurized
Nice tactical grips
you know, the work's:D
Maybe throw in the .22 conversion kit also for Ed( those .45's may kick a little too much for him, maybe put a Commanche on his so he thinks it's faster shooting):rofl:
If they do that ,I'll put a gun range in at 6Y9. I gotta keep adding activities to keep it interesting.:rolleyes:

How about Wilson make a POA "special":target:

POA engraving( preferably a cherokee on it):smile:
5" barrel
accurized
Nice tactical grips
you know, the work's:D
Maybe throw in the .22 conversion kit also for Ed( those .45's may kick a little too much for him, maybe put a Commanche on his so he thinks it's faster shooting):rofl:
If they do that ,I'll put a gun range in at 6Y9. I gotta keep adding activities to keep it interesting.:rolleyes:

You potentially jest, however...
I've been sort of seeking a good weapon to carry while flying. My 'normal' carry piece is too small (a PF9) in the event of an air-emergency, however any of my full-size weapons are too large to carry comfortably. Any rifles would end up in the rear of the plane/cargo hold, so they would possibly be easy to lose.

I would really like a 'comfortable carry' 1911 that is in some manner aviation themed.

You potentially jest, however...
I've been sort of seeking a good weapon to carry while flying. My 'normal' carry piece is too small (a PF9) in the event of an air-emergency, however any of my full-size weapons are too large to carry comfortably. Any rifles would end up in the rear of the plane/cargo hold, so they would possibly be easy to lose.

I would really like a 'comfortable carry' 1911 that is in some manner aviation themed.

Just curious: What does the law say about carrying in an aircraft? Given that we effortlessly and often fly over state lines, what laws do we stay in compliance with?

Just curious: What does the law say about carrying in an aircraft? Given that we effortlessly and often fly over state lines, what laws do we stay in compliance with?

Carrying would be an issue. I would suspect that any state in which you land you would have to be in compliance with all vehicle-type laws. The FOPA's safe passage law would protect you against weapons in the plane under certain provisions (not carried, etc): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Firearm_Owners_Protection_Act#.22Safe_passage.22_provision

Actually carrying I wouldn't do without a CCW that is valid in the state.

But, I am not a lawyer.

My personal philosophy is concealed carry is just that - concealed and no one knows if or when I am actually carrying. My other personal philosophy is that I would rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6. YMMV :smile:

I think a POA .45 would be cool, but it would have to have the WCA (Wilson Combat Aviation) C182 extraordinaire on the slide :D.

And IDPA (the International Defensive Pistol Association - www.idpa.com), my day job, could develope some fly-by courses of fire :rofl:

It would be awesome if it could come with a threaded barrel too... i would love a compactish 1911 that I could mount my HEMS 2 to.

My personal philosophy is concealed carry is just that - concealed and no one knows if or when I am actually carrying. My other personal philosophy is that I would rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6. YMMV :smile:

I think a POA .45 would be cool, but it would have to have the WCA (Wilson Combat Aviation) C182 extraordinaire on the slide :D.

And IDPA (the International Defensive Pistol Association - www.idpa.com), my day job, could develope some fly-by courses of fire :rofl:

I like you.

Back