I hate saltwater taffy

Jim Case

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
AceDolphinFlyer
it's sticky, it's overly sweet, it's unpleasant feeling in the mouth. You know what I love? raisins. I eat a lot of raisins, when I was a kid, a lady used to give out little boxes of rasins at halloween. I used to trade all my laffy taffy and other sticky plaisticized treats for my friends raisens.

Love it! Safeway has a display of several flavors. Buy a bag every time!

By the way, really dumb thread.... Really!
They made Facebook for nonsense..

Last edited:
Don't hate it, but I don't care for it either. If offered, I'll politely decline. But if forced, I won't suffer.

And it pulls my crowns off my teeth.

If you were starving and it was the only thing to eat you would love it :)

Maybe you needed to start at an early age by watching the salt water taffy machine at the beach. Then it would have connected this delicious candy with memories of childhood vacations. Or something.

Random topic, no doubt.

While we're on the topic of random things, I hate peanut brittle. Hard enough to break your teeth out and I'm to young for dentures, so I better stay away.

Random topic, no doubt.

While we're on the topic of random things, I hate peanut brittle. Hard enough to break your teeth out and I'm to young for dentures, so I better stay away.
If sugary soft drinks are controled in some areas shouldn't sugary candies be regulated also?

Love you it! Safeway has a display of several flavors. Buy a bag every time!

By the way, really dumb thread.... Really!
They made Facebook for nonsense..
Friend came home from the army, haven't seen him in 6 years. had some scotch, woke up to this thread loaded on my phone. Oh well, it's true, all of it. I'm also not on Facebook nor do I plan to be.

I don't like either. But at least I'm willing to eat raisins.

If you were starving and it was the only thing to eat you would love it :)
Were I starving and in the wild I'm sure even Rattlesnake would suffice, and I hate reptiles. Do they really taste like chicken? I'll post my opinion on that when I'm down to my last breath.

Random topic, no doubt.

Peanut Brittle is favored by dentists. They make fortunes off the teeth of people who like it.

Oh, and I have a friend who will not eat peas as a side dish but likes split pea soup. Go figure.

Peas are the one frozen vegetable I don't hate.

Not a fan of saltwater taffy or raisins.

Grew up with my summers at the Jersey Shore, tons of places making saltwater taffy. Cool to watch it being made. I guess I liked it a bit as kid, but after a piece or two, your jaw just hurts.

Oh, and I have a friend who will not eat peas as a side dish but likes split pea soup. Go figure.
Have you suggested that your friend should give peas a chance?

I love peas too, get them fresh when they are in season and are delicious. Somehow split pea soup im not crazy for, it's alright though. My mom used to make it once a week when I was a kid and i got burned out on it, I'll eat it though

Tootsie rolls are just chocolate taffy. I love the stuff, but am insufficiently ambitious to make it. It really is a lot of work, unless you have one of those machines.

Tootsie rolls are just chocolate taffy. I love the stuff, but am insufficiently ambitious to make it. It really is a lot of work, unless you have one of those machines.
Here's one I make. Not taffy, and won't pull the fillings out. Not much work, either. Don't know where Mom got the recipe a long, long time ago.

1 cup icing sugar
1/2 cup skim milk powder
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup cocoa
1/2 cup clear corn syrup
1 tsp vanilla (or more)

Mix the skim milk powder and syrup first, then all the other stuff into it. It will get dry and stiff, but then you put it on a board and knead it until it's uniform. If it's still a bit sticky, add a little icing sugar. Some peanut butters are oilier and will do that. Pack it into a lightly greased cake pan and let it sit overnight. No baking at all. Tends to be addictive.

I also loved watching it being made, as a kid. But I was a little put off by the labeling. I expected it to be salty.

If u get a double order you have pea pea.

Back