How would you handle this situation?

All these polite or humorous replies.

It is time to escalate! Every time you feel the urge to pass gas go visit the gentleman in his hangar.

Leave him a surprise a couple times...you might even bring this fella along!

I’d be ready to pull my airplane out of the hangar and “blow dry” my ramp in the direction of his hangar door. A little propwash peestink should at least make you feel better.

fill up a bag....and hang it from his hangar door. He'll quickly get the message. Had to do that with my neighbor once...with his dog poo.

full disclosure.....he is a Bonanza pilot. :confused:

and then dump the urine out in front of our hangar
Seriously? That's disgusting

The lady at the terminal building today told me it is a 'delicate situation' and they have to be careful.
Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't really get why this situation is as "delicate" or troublesome as it has to be.. unless the guy is "unhinged" or something, but then that's a whole other can of worms

Why not just ask him not to dump out in front of your hangar? Doesn't have to be confrontational, but if he's at all a reasonable human being I'm sure he could understand why someone wouldn't want buckets of pee being dumped in front of their hangar

And does he go that often that he fills up a 5 gallon bucket in the day? Why not at the end of the day when he's leaving just dump it in the actual bathroom?

Doesn't really make any sense to me/

Sounds like urine a tough situation.

Not worth being a pee-on about it. Best solution: I don't care if you pee in a bucket, but please don't dump it in front of my door.
Cameras, management, police, FBI..is all chickensh*t; the guy will respect your direct approach. just my $0.02

you could get your own bucket with your urine and empty it in front of his hanger

And does he go that often that he fills up a 5 gallon bucket in the day? Why not at the end of the day when he's leaving just dump it in the actual bathroom?

Maybe it's a vernal equinox sort of thing?

Maybe you should put a empty bucket in front of you hangar and ask him to pour his pee bucket in yours...and then dump your bucket in front of his hangar :)

Maybe you should put a empty bucket in front of you hangar and ask him to pour his pee bucket in yours...and then dump your bucket in front of his hangar :)

Yeah, and throw a bunch of used tampons all over the place, too.

Since the airport management doesn’t want to deal with it, escalate by going to the board, then the local political unit (council, trustees, whatever) and then the local press and tv (on a slow news day)

Cheers

Since the airport management doesn’t want to deal with it, escalate by going to the board, then the local political unit (council, trustees, whatever) and then the local press and tv (on a slow news day)

Cheers

If you’re going to get camera crews involved, might as well not let the local media have the footage. Send that stuff to the data center in Boulder that specializes in such videos for six Los on the Internet and make enough money to buy a pressure washer. LOL.

Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't really get why this situation is as "delicate" or troublesome as it has to be..
My usual guess is that they are typical pu**ies who try to avoid confrontation because they are receiving monthly payments for the hangar and their greed takes precedence over common sense.
Businesses like money and they will go great lengths to suppress problems as long as it means they keep receiving said money.

I agree with the good advice here: write an official complaint letter to the airport manager, it is not your problem, it is his problem to solve. You can get the local health department involved too for some leverage.

I'm surprised you went around asking others at the airport.

Why not just talk to the guy?

One way or another sometimes you need to solve your own problems.

How old is this guy? Is it possible that:
1) He's got bladder trouble and can't make it to the restroom in time when the urge comes on, so that's why he uses the bucket? And:
2) He's physically incapable of carrying the bucket to the restroom, or is too embarrassed to do it?

Why not talk to him and see what his issues are? If these are the issues, maybe club members could volunteer to carry the bucket to the restroom for him and dump it, and you could make a friend instead of an enemy. Yeah, I know, "Ew! Gross! A bucket of pee!" Nurses do it all day long. Man up. Or maybe woman up.

1) He's got bladder trouble and can't make it to the restroom in time when the urge comes on, so that's why he uses the bucket? And:
2) He's physically incapable of carrying the bucket to the restroom, or is too embarrassed to do it?

Why not talk to him and see what his issues are? If these are the issues, maybe club members could volunteer to carry the bucket to the restroom for him and dump it, and you could make a friend instead of an enemy. Yeah, I know, "Ew! Gross! A bucket of pee!" Nurses do it all day long. Man up. Or maybe woman up.

If this were the case he could dump the bucket in front of his own hangar.

I appreciate giving this guy the benefit of the doubt, but I doubt that he's peeing in buckets in his house and dumping it on his front doorstep. If you can make it to the airport and can hang out and work in his hanger all day, then he should be more courteous to his neighbors and handle his bathroom needs responsibly

I would talk to the guy first, find out what's going on, and if you're still having human waste dumped in front of your hangar then write a letter to the airport manager take it from there

If this were the case he could dump the bucket in front of his own hangar.

Yeah, well, nobody wants to do that! :) Maybe the hangar next door is as far as he can carry it. Or is there maybe a patch of grass there?

This is the most foulest, nasty, unpleasant, horrid, horrible, dreadful, abominable, atrocious, offensive, obnoxious, odious, repulsive, revolting, repugnant, disgusting, distasteful, loathsome, hateful, nauseating, sickening, mean, wretched, disgraceful, appalling, shocking, ugly, vulgar, sorry, shabby, shameful, dishonorable, execrable, heinous, abhorrent, deplorable, monstrous, wicked, evil, dark, dirty, vicious, iniquitous, sinful, corrupt, sordid, depraved, perverted, debased, reprobate, degenerate, debauched, dissolute, contemptible, despicable, reprehensible, diabolical, diabolic, devilish, fiendish, hellish, damnable, yucky, sick-making, gut-churning, icky, gross, godawful, lowdown, rotten, sick, beastly, bogging, lousy, vomitous, scurvy, disgustful, vile person to have as a neighbor.

This is the airports problem. Trying to make friends is out of the question for me. Only thing that will solve the problem for me is instant eviction. Not after 30 days but now. If this lowly person was dumping water or trash I would talk to the person myself, but human sewage? This person has problems other that not having a bathroom close by. This is NOT a delicate situation.

Myself, I would probably give written notice to the airport manager, city manager and city attorney about the problem along with suggestions on how to correct this problem. In the letter I would say the rent will be withheld until this problem is solved. (not meaning the rent won't be paid, meaning the rent is being put in escrow and it won't be paid until the problem is solved to my satisfaction)

Putting up a "Port-a-Potty" is not an answer. Who says this person won't dump it in front of your hanger?

Does he dump the "P" bucket in front of other hangars..?? Has any of the sewage run into the hangar?

Who is responsible for cleaning the area in front of your hangar..?? A security camera or game trail camera is a good idea.

Seriously? That's disgusting

Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't really get why this situation is as "delicate" or troublesome as it has to be.. unless the guy is "unhinged" or something, but then that's a whole other can of worms.

Or bucket of pee, as it were. Is. Are. Whichever...

Why not just ask him not to dump out in front of your hangar? Doesn't have to be confrontational, but if he's at all a reasonable human being I'm sure he could understand why someone wouldn't want buckets of pee being dumped in front of their hangar.

Why do you think he dumps it in front of SOMEONE ELSE'S hangar?

Have you ever carried 5 gallons of pee? With or without a lid? How did it work out? You really think a guy that's willing to dump his pee bucket right in front of his neighbor's hangar is going to be reasonable about disposing of it properly?

Doesn't really make any sense to me/

Now you get it. :)

Why do we not have bathrooms nearby? At my airport, if I have to go, I hav to drive , open the gate, wait for that darn thing to open, drive out, then wait for that darn thing to close then drive again to the FBO. The time it takes to open and close the secure door is inversely proportiinat to how bad u have to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My nurse wife is going to laugh pretty hard at people freaking out about pee in front of a hangar...

You haven't lived until you work in the medical biz and know what a Code Brown is... and had to walk down the hall and ask EVERYONE to come help with it. :)

This is the most foulest, nasty, unpleasant, horrid, horrible, dreadful, abominable, atrocious, offensive, obnoxious, odious, repulsive, revolting, repugnant, disgusting, distasteful, loathsome, hateful, nauseating, sickening, mean, wretched, disgraceful, appalling, shocking, ugly, vulgar, sorry, shabby, shameful, dishonorable, execrable, heinous, abhorrent, deplorable, monstrous, wicked, evil, dark, dirty, vicious, iniquitous, sinful, corrupt, sordid, depraved, perverted, debased, reprobate, degenerate, debauched, dissolute, contemptible, despicable, reprehensible, diabolical, diabolic, devilish, fiendish, hellish, damnable, yucky, sick-making, gut-churning, icky, gross, godawful, lowdown, rotten, sick, beastly, bogging, lousy, vomitous, scurvy, disgustful, vile person to have as a neighbor.

This is the airports problem. Trying to make friends is out of the question for me. Only thing that will solve the problem for me is instant eviction. Not after 30 days but now. If this lowly person was dumping water or trash I would talk to the person myself, but human sewage? This person has problems other that not having a bathroom close by. This is NOT a delicate situation.

Myself, I would probably give written notice to the airport manager, city manager and city attorney about the problem along with suggestions on how to correct this problem. In the letter I would say the rent will be withheld until this problem is solved. (not meaning the rent won't be paid, meaning the rent is being put in escrow and it won't be paid until the problem is solved to my satisfaction)

Putting up a "Port-a-Potty" is not an answer. Who says this person won't dump it in front of your hanger?

Does he dump the "P" bucket in front of other hangars..?? Has any of the sewage run into the hangar?

Who is responsible for cleaning the area in front of your hangar..?? A security camera or game trail camera is a good idea.

Z: We're friends here....tell us what you really think

Back