How was your Saturday?

Exciting and fun weekend of flying. Saturday departed KSVH in my Debonair with two other pilot friends. Our destination KHDC our mission to fly a Duke N11VC for another friend who just purchased this bird back to KSVH. While in Hammond we visited a quaint resturant downtown called "Toupe La"....if your're in the mood for blackened gator and out of this world oysters, next time your in Hammond I highly recommend.
...departing Sunday morning at 10:45 am in the Duke ..the fun starts....engaging the autopilot starts an immediate roll..:hairraise:...pulled the breaker...not long after take-off ATC informed that the transponder was not reporting altitude.:mad2:..cycled it a few times no luck...
.....oh ya and no GPS..:no:...so use used the I-pad... arrived back in KSVH with no other issues.The panel is original and will be updated once it gets home to Indiana. Other than that...N11VC was a good flying plane.

Attachments

• N11VC.jpg
    N11VC.jpg
    755.9 KB · Views: 21
That really stinks liz, :(

I put 1.1 on the Tcraft, and just missed flying over a friends as they wer racing a vub against snowmobiles! Then went and did 1.4 in a 172RG for instrument training.

I received a birthday present from my employer: a pink slip. :(

This isn't the first time I have told someone this.
Welcome to the opportunity life has presented you with, now what are you going to do with it?

Every single time it has evolved into something better for them and or their family.

Darkest before dawn, .....don't miss the dawn.
Godspeed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Took the kids to the beach. 8-year old had her first surfing lesson. Next time maybe we'll try a beach with surf.

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    354.4 KB · Views: 20
This isn't the first time I have told someone this.
Welcome to the opportunity life has presented you with, now what are you going to do with it?

Every single time it has evolved into something better for them and or their family.

Darkest before dawn, .....don't miss the dawn.
Godspeed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Thanks, to all of this. I was given 3 months notice so it's not immediate. It is just very late for putting out applications for the upcoming year.

I am not a good business person. What I do is teach college students, and Gov. Snyder's administration has decimated the state university system. Withdraw state funding, force unis to increase tuition, driving students elsewhere (CCs, or to opt out of college altogether). Declining enrollment leads to faculty cuts and it's statewide. There are not many (or any) positions out there.

I'll leave it there so as not to send this into the SZ...

So sorry to hear that Liz. Hope your able to find something for next year.

It got warm enough to drop some meat bombs today! Sure was clear out.
Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1393131553134.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1393131553134.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 24
We had a great Saturday!

Once we got the hangar doors dug out from the ice we headed to Ocean City MD. We gave the airport car some exercise, after a jump start, then headed north to Dewey Beach, DE. We cought up with friends and had awesome crab cakes at Woodys.

Two fun flights, excellent food, fun with friends and perfect wx.

http://gmflightlog.blogspot.com/2014/02/woodys-dewey-beach.html

Last edited:
Took my 3 1/2 year old son up to Manteo, on the Outer Banks. Walked over to the aquarium for a couple of hours, then took the crew car into town for shrimp and crab cakes. Winds were kicking on deck which made arrival sporty. The shear at 3000 made it a real bumpy ride on the way home, but it rocked him right to sleep. Great day over all!

On the way up, I couldn't figure out why we just couldn't get warm. I just so happened to look at that picture after taking it...mystery solved. :rolleyes2:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    660.8 KB · Views: 32
Hell, that's nothing new.

Had to remind me of this:

Anyway, spent the afternoon cleaning/organizing my hangar while my plane is down for avionics work.

Woo. Hoo.

We should start a support group. Been down a month for avionics work, get to go pick the plane up next week.

Spent more time on pre-buy for the Cassutt IIIM project then flew out with 7 other planes with a friend in his Glasair I FT for breakfast at Bambi's Hangar One Cafe at Hemet-Ryan (HMT). Great Saturday!

20140222_080703_zpslva9fgku.jpg

20140222_102521_zpsoyuvg5ei.jpg

'Gimp

Last edited:
Shared the runway with a bit of old iron yesterday. They requested a specific right departure, so Tower let me do left traffic after my touch and go - very rare at KTOA.

Hard to focus on landing when you really want to look at the warbirds - but my instructor said it was my best one yet :)

Got left pattern again when they landed :)

Attachments

• photo (2)_1024x765.JPG
    photo (2)_1024x765.JPG
    75.9 KB · Views: 26
  • photo (4)_1024x765.JPG
    photo (4)_1024x765.JPG
    76.3 KB · Views: 24
  • photo (3)_1024x765.JPG
    photo (3)_1024x765.JPG
    71.8 KB · Views: 26
Suppose to be off Saturday but ended up ferrying an aircraft instead. :(

Attachments

• Ferry.jpg
    Ferry.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 25
Dang! I feel sorry for you. :rolleyes:

Yeah, slave drivers I tell ya! Probably worse ways to get overtime than a 100 mile ferry with perfect weather.:)

Last edited:
A fine Saturday at KODO test flying a Skylane T182T my son & I are purchasing.
Our first aircraft!

Had a good Saturday, I took my brother in law on a $200 pancake run. Had a blast!

Flying out of Austin Exec (KEDC) on Saturday we had some fluffy white clouds all the way home.

Attachments

• photo (7).JPG
    photo (7).JPG
    64.3 KB · Views: 6
  • photo (8).JPG
    photo (8).JPG
    65 KB · Views: 7
Took the boat out , flew twice during the week. Picked up a couple of airports for Operatiofly.com.

It sucked again....worked and now I have a cold in tax season. Getting rapidly behind...

Self-loading cargo on a pressurized aluminum mailing tube. SEA-SFO-HKG. Left Saturday morning, arrived Sunday night. So much for that weekend.

Oh, and the weather sucks here, so even if there was GA and I had time, no way (based on what I see out the window of the meeting room right now).

7a8ytymy.jpg

Going home. You can see Yosemite's Half Dome to the East.

On the way to the airport got a call from the CFI that there was a problem with the plane small seeping leak in the gascolator so couldn't fly. I was almost there so stopped in anyway.

While I was in the FBO lounge I met a 90 year old man and his wife and just started making small talk about their airplanes, he then says he was a WWII vet trained as a fighter pilot due to circumstances ended up flying bombers. At that point I sat down I knew I was going to be there for awhile.:D

Turns out he was shot down in a B17 over Germany on his 23 mission and managed to limp it into France on two engines, put it down in a corn field and was quickly come upon by the French resistance who shepherded him back to the allies.

Both he and his wife still fly I think she is 87. I found out after the fact that we have a very close mutual friend looking forward to meeting him again. :yes:

It got warm enough to drop some meat bombs today! Sure was clear out.
Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2

What is a meat bomb? My imagination is headed in the wrong direction on this one and I need it corrected.

We had a great Saturday!

Once we got the hangar doors dug out from the ice we headed to Ocean City MD. We gave the airport car some exercise, after a jump start, then headed north to Dewey Beach, DE. We cought up with friends and had awesome crab cakes at Woodys.

Two fun flights, excellent food, fun with friends and perfect wx.

http://gmflightlog.blogspot.com/2014/02/woodys-dewey-beach.html

Where is woodys? We usually go to Finns on the main drag in rehobeth. Pretty good!

Spent another day on inspecting the Cassutt IIIM project so that was a ton of fun.

20140301_131145_zpshlq7zqrt.jpg

20140301_095149_zpsdxcsyrha.jpg

20140301_095200_zpsn8mkwflt.jpg

20140301_095216_zpshwdgxyl1.jpg

20140301_131125_zpsgkzsrjeh.jpg

20140301_131135_zpsz2mxpqd9.jpg

Jumped in again to verify the tight fit and the fit is indeed tight. The roll over tubes are uncomfortable on the upper back of my shoulders, and the canopy frame is digging into the outside of my shoulders. Might be able to pad the roll over tubes but have decided if I buy this one I will need to widen the canopy frame (and related structure) at the aft end of the canopy.

20140301_133143_zpsdrqa2psy.jpg

20140301_133155_zps26maexyu.jpg

No, I wasn't making airplane noises! :D

Had a discussion with another chapter and Board member, he too seems to think that engine value should be the offering price.

'Gimp

Now that spring has sprung ,how was your Saturday. Flew from Sarasota to marathon key,homestead fla,back to Sarasota ,what a great day.

Back