How Was your Long Weekend?

Tom-D

Taxi to Parking
Display Name

Display name:
Tom-D
Barb and I spent the weekend in the Okanogan National forest with the kids, Punching paper with the smoke pole, and setting by the fire. We love the Okanogan this time of year the dust is wet, the flowers are all in bloom, and the heat has not come yet, plus the bugs are not out.

Attachments

• HPIM0260.JPG
    HPIM0260.JPG
    758.1 KB · Views: 7
  • HPIM0258.JPG
    HPIM0258.JPG
    753.8 KB · Views: 5
  • HPIM0262.JPG
    HPIM0262.JPG
    778.9 KB · Views: 6
  • HPIM0272.JPG
    HPIM0272.JPG
    803.8 KB · Views: 7
  • HPIM0231.JPG
    HPIM0231.JPG
    813.3 KB · Views: 11
  • HPIM0229.JPG
    HPIM0229.JPG
    745.1 KB · Views: 6
  • HPIM0245.JPG
    HPIM0245.JPG
    789.4 KB · Views: 5
  • HPIM0268.JPG
    HPIM0268.JPG
    721 KB · Views: 9
Sleepy.

Friday I flew up to Traverse city to pick up a plane full of gear to bring back to Waukegan and logged 6.3 hours.

Saturday I goofed off and slept, Sunday up early and out for a long bike ride along the lake shore, Monday I slept in, mowed the lawn, cooked on the grill. AHHH

Last edited:
Sounds like a good weekend - and very pretty pictures! The better half and I drove 725 miles through central and southern Illinois this weekend. We flew into STL (via SWA, sadly) and rented a car. We drove to Jacksonville to RON on Friday night, then we went to a wedding in Mt. Sterling on Saturday. Back to Jacksonville on Sat. night then all the way down to Jonesboro (near Anna - think southern tip) for a baptism on Sunday morning. Back to St. Louis on Sunday afternoon, dinner at a friend's in Edwardsville Sun. evening, then back to the airport on Monday. It was tiring but very good.

BTW - I had nearly forgotten how boring of a drive it is through IL.

Saturday I goofed off and slept, Sunday up early and out for a long bike ride along the lake shore, sunday I slept in, mowed the lawn, cooked on the grill. AHHH
How did you both get up early Sunday and sleep in Sunday?:dunno: Ah, second Sunday, aka Memorial Day!:D

Did you do LSD on Sunday? I thought about you when I saw it!

I pretty much took it easy this weekend. Mowed the lawn, did a couple small home repairs, picked up some survival gear for the Alaska trip, made a batch of margaritas, watched Leslie cook on the grill. (She did really good pork chops and ribs!:yes:)

I spent most of the weekend renovating the apartments we bought. I thought this weekend was Labor day, apparently. This is going to go on forever.

Busy weekend here......

Friday fly into Ocean City Maryland, KOXB for wedding. Saturday fly home KILG. Sunday get to the airport at 5:45am wait on fuel, preflight get in the air for a ten minute hop to KOQN Brandywine airport to pick up my CFII. Get right back in the air for 3 hours of hood work. Drop off CFII at OQN, pay the bill and saddle up for the quick hop home. Monday get up early and "drive" to Dover, DE - Delaware Airpark 33N. Saddle up and fly to First Flight with my friend Jeff (both our brides pulled up sick so we took one plane and headed out for a boys day to play). Spent the day walking around FFA then headed into town for lunch at Awful Arthurs. Climbed back in for a short hop to Elizabeth City for fuel then back up again headed home to 33N.

I was beat monday night. I took a glass of Ice tea upstairs with me and never touched it. Mary said I fell asleep within 5 minutes and I didn't get up until 6am this morning.

Last edited:
I had a great weekend.....thank you for asking!

Flew to IN to visit my brother on Sat. After a quick lunch, we drove up to New Buffalo and St Joseph and wandered around. Finished up with dinner at Tosi's.

Sunday, it was off to Chicago for breakfast at Toasties, wander around the city, and then we had tickets to "Wicked". What an absolutely great show!!! Then home for pizza and wine-a-ritas....yum yum.

Monday, slept in a little, hung out, finished up with excellent grilled steaks...compliments of the brother.

And then Tuesday rolled around, and I had to fly home to go back to work. :( But at least I got to fly today!

I spent Thursday and Friday with a 101.5 fever and the stomach flu, Saturday with no energy, Sunday recovering (I took the Indiana Jones cure - good movie!) but I felt fine all Monday! Whatta weekend....:mad:

-Skip

Friday spent the day on the motorcycle making up errands to do. :)
Sunday spent part of the day getting SEL current in a cub.
Monday spend most of the day on horseback with my daughter.
Now the rest of the week in Ann Arbor, MI.

Saturday evening about 9:30PM Sue and I decided to go to Cedar Key, FL. I called a hotel there, and they had 1 room left, which I booked. After church Sunday we flew down with a good tailwind in well under 2 hours. Had a very nice time enjoying the scenery, eating, drinking and walking. Got up Monday morning and did a little more of the same. All in perfect weather.
We left the neat little 2800' runway about noon, did a couple of laps around the island to get a last look, and departed the area. Stopped in Homerville, GA (KHOE) for SS gas at $3.99/gal and then continued on home.
I rested up a bit and then went out and played 9 holes of golf.
Not a bad weekend.

My weekend: 10 hours logged!

Woke up early Saturday morning and flew from IPT to HPN at 7500 ft, clear and smooth the whole (short) trip. Landed and then hopped the train into Manhattan to check on mom's apartment while she's in France for a few months and take care of a few items of business I needed to do. Got the train back up to HPN, flew back to KIPT. This time the weather was a lot more bumpy.

Landed, fueled up, hopped back in the plane for an IR lesson. Lots of fun! 5 hours logged Saturday total.

Sunday woke up, had a leisurely morning, and then decided it was too nice a day to stay on the ground. Hopped in the Archer and flew up to Rhode Island, giving a friend of mine her first flight in an airplane - period (see my other thread, "A great weekend for flying!" in Hangar Talk). 5 hours logged Sunday.

Monday enjoyed the beautiful weather and spent the day on the porch reading my IR book, with a little FlashChat in there. Was going to fly up to CZG for a Memorial Day party, but there was a possibility of thunderstorms for the return leg, so I decided not to. Go figure, weather was just fine the whole time. :(

Planned for a 15 hours logged weekend, got 10 in. That's successful to me! :)

Sounds like everyone else had a great weekend, too! Except for Skip... sorry, man, I hate getting sick on long weekends!

I worked all weekend long, although I did skip out early yesterday for a family bbq. No flying for me :(

I took my first ride in a Q-400 yesterday. For being the end of a holiday weekend I was surprised at the lack of people at KDEN. No line to check in, no line at security...

As far as the airplane goes, it gets you there but next time I'll bring earplugs, and I'm not one who's very sensitive to noise.

No flying. Spent each evening enjoying a meal with friends, some inside, some outside by the campfire.

Nice change from previous duty stations, where I either arrested or rescued idiot drunks all weekend, each according to his needs.

Went through about 500 rounds at the range Saturday morning. Other than that, it was pretty uneventful.

Got 1.5 hours worth doing a bagel run to Cincinnati.
Bagels- Cincinnati?:dunno:

If you have a good place in Cincy.... I was spoiled living close to NYC

The Cincinnati chili is unique- served over spaghetti

Finished planting. Took a visiting software writer to the SAC museum Sunday. Also took him to the local park in Lincoln & showed him elk & bison. This was his first time out of India- he was impressed with the size of farms out here.

Cleaned up after thunderstorms.

Saturday morning we hiked about 5 miles than went and bought me a bicycle.
Rode a few miles Saturday evening.

Road a few more miles Sunday before going to a party with a bunch of new friends.

Monday we drove down the Natchez Trace Parkway (link here) and hiked another 5 miles or so. Monday night I finished with another ride of a couple miles.

It was a pretty good weekend! See the threads about the show at RKD with Harley...that was the big part of my weekend. That, and being one of like four people in the state that was working on Monday.

Well my weekend went like this.
Saturday ...slept till 10 AM, went to airport and flew to Erie,2.0 hours, Bowling tournament , Singles and doubles Sat. night (Bowled like crap) hit my average 1 game out of 6, went to motel and slept.
Sunday.......... got up at 7 AM ( had to bowl at 9) Team event,spent $15 to get into brackets, shot 220,216,198, won 2 bracket and tied for third one , got $84 ( not a bad return), went to airport Flew Home 1.8 Hrs. lofted rest of the day. Stayed up late and watched The Great Escape
( Steve McQueen was my hero and a great actor)went to be at 3AM
Monday .....woke up at 1 PM and LOFTED rest of the day , watched The Andromeda Strain (new version) part 1 went to bed .
Tuesday Had to do the 4 letter word (WORK) lofted till 9 PM watched rest of the Andromeda Strain . got on Puter checked email came here and posted this. Now Its 11:30 and i'm going to BED .
G'nite and FLY SAFE
Dave G:blueplane:

i had a great weekend. did a lot of lounging around, spent a little time vertically. monday i did a couple tows and then 4 glider flights. monday night was the glider club picnic which was a blast.

Flew the family over to Bellaire near Traverse City Michigan for the weekend. Also flew from there to Ludington to visit my Aunt and tend to my parent's graves. Didn't do a lot else except read books, wander around outdoors and a bit of clean up at the house.

Nursed a sore back the whole weekend.

Barb and I spent the weekend in the Okanogan National forest with the kids, Punching paper with the smoke pole, and setting by the fire. We love the Okanogan this time of year the dust is wet, the flowers are all in bloom, and the heat has not come yet, plus the bugs are not out.

Tom

You are retired now all of your weekends are long! :D

Attachments

• 100_0814.jpg
    100_0814.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 4
  • 100_0855.jpg
    100_0855.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 3
  • 100_0818.jpg
    100_0818.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 3
  • 000_0009.jpg
    000_0009.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 3
I spent the first part of Saturday afternoon babysitting the sound system at church for a wedding. Once that was done I headed for the airport for 1.4 hours of quality time in the 182 with my CFII. Temporarily not having a medical doesn't mean I can't keep working on my IR.

Sunday started out with a stop at the airport to help the line gal pull the 182 out of the hangar and push it back in after she gassed it up from Saturday. Then church. The afternoon was spent pulling weeds.

Yesterday we ran a few errands. Quality time with my wife at Home Depot. :D Buying paint and supplies for her work party next weekend at her sorority at WSU (which I'm missing, yippee!).

Bought my first tank of $4.00 a gallon gas, so I bought a motorcycle.
2528969281_25f9c20b5a.jpg

wow henning, you werent kidding. that thing is ugly

I was also sick all weekend. :(

Pet sat Friday - Sunday

Hung out at my brothers for his 29th bday.

Cleaned house.

wow henning, you werent kidding. that thing is ugly

Not just ugly, amazingly ugly. I'm hoping it will repulse and divert the eyes of law enforcement and thieves.... Can you tell I bought it from a girl?;):yes:

A week ago some friends invited us to fly down to Sunriver Oregon (S21) to join them for dinner. At that time the forecast for the holiday weekend looked good, so we reserved a room at the lodge, walking distance from the Sunriver airport. As the week went on the forecast got worse and worse, so when Saturday came we wound up making the four-hour-plus drive. Just as we arrived a horrendous hailstorm let loose, sounding like someone dumped a box of AA batteries on the roof of our car, and turning the nearby golf course fairways white.

<sigh>

Not just ugly, amazingly, hideously, eye-gougingly ugly.

There, fixed that for ya. ;)

I've owned 4 motorcycles. Ultimately, I just get too ****ed off with people/deer/dogs/etc. trying to kill me every time I suit up and ride. Wasn't such a big deal in Indiana, but here in PA it's worse. Even riding in New York City feels safer to me. My friends who are dedicated riders in this area amaze me. Beautiful country, but the roads are bad, construction is worse, and the grim reaper is following you around.

But Henning, that thing is pretty ugly. You going to paint it? :yes: :yes: :yes:

I spent my long weekend at my favorite place, the airport. I didn't even get to sleep in. Way to many Malibus leaving and to many inspections to finish. This weekend I will fly out to see my oldest girl graduate from boarding school then drag her back home with me.

Kevin

turkey hunting the prior weekend. Smoked turkey breasts on Saturday, invited the kids over to share it on Sunday, since 2 of them had to work on Monday. Good think I sampled one of the breasts on Saturday night - nothing left but the gobble after they were done!

DSCN2430-1.jpg

Back