How to have an incident

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonder if the insurance company will think..I have been trying to sell this airplane...On the way to oshkosh and would like a new airplane. What better way to get these funds quick.

By accident I landed with the gear up. Sorry it happens.

Check please..........

Very true, however, fraud has to be proven which is impossible in this case because it doesn't exist, and attempting to opens them up to a Bad Faith suit which exposes them to a $7MM settlement. In this arena I am licensed and not a layman.

Wow. Thanks for sharing. When a gear up happens to a pilot like you, it makes me realize it can happen to just about anyone.

When a gear up happens to a pilot like you

:rolleyes:

Based on what? His larger than life internet persona? Hubris, the term used by Jeff, is very appropriate here.

There is absolutely no reason to ever have a gear up incident. First of all, flying in a plane with an inop gear horn and not even knowing his OWN plane has a gear horn is inexcusable. Someone else had to point out in his OWN POH. Every plane I fly, I read the POH from cover to cover. Secondly, by following a few simple rules you will NEVER have a gear up. Don't even touch the flaps until you have extended the gear. Never. Always check for the green lights multiple times including short final. I always not only check but touch the gear down lever multiple times reminding myself. And please don't blame the last annual. Has this been your only annual? It is all their fault? How on earth can you own a plane not even knowing that it has a gear horn? Incompetent. I'm sorry to be harsh but you need some major remedial training here.

My take on this? Yes fatigue and lack of a process (checklist or whatever). But also clear to me HUBRIS ("I've got this, I'm a super pilot") and lack of recent experience. I'm sorry to say this it was just a matter of time his attitude in his tens of thousands of posts on this and other sites is clear.

^^^ I'm pretty new on this board, but based on this and some of your other posts I'm curious - are you like this in real life too?

^^^ I'm pretty new on this board, but based on this and some of your other posts I'm curious - are you like this in real life too?

Yeah, I am. I am very outspoken. It's not a spade it's a f*cking shovel.

Just calling it like it is.

...and here you have the very definition of hu·bris
There is absolutely no reason to ever have a gear up incident. First of all, flying in a plane with an inop gear horn and not even knowing his OWN plane has a gear horn is inexcusable. Someone else had to point out in his OWN POH. Every plane I fly, I read the POH from cover to cover. Secondly, by following a few simple rules you will NEVER have a gear up. Don't even touch the flaps until you have extended the gear. Never. Always check for the green lights multiple times including short final. I always not only check but touch the gear down lever multiple times reminding myself. And please don't blame the last annual. Has this been your only annual? It is all their fault? How on earth can you own a plane not even knowing that it has a gear horn? Incompetent. I'm sorry to be harsh but you need some major remedial training here.

My take on this? Yes fatigue and lack of a process (checklist or whatever). But also clear to me HUBRIS ("I've got this, I'm a super pilot") and lack of recent experience. I'm sorry to say this it was just a matter of time his attitude in his tens of thousands of posts on this and other sites is clear.

Lurking here with interest in this process, I have a technical question. Is what Henning has done with his certificate (which, I believe, is "placing his certificate or rating on temporary deposit at the field office") the same as Bob Hoover "volunteering to surrender his certificate"? I know it sounds like the same thing, but is it?

Former corsair pilot in big war. FBO ( esn) with thousands of hours in bonanzas and aero commanders, etc. the only person to have flown all the rockefeller brothers in one plane, a shrikecommander.( On their recommendation Eisenhower bought one for his personal use. ) years later, Finally gear upped the bonanza at national airport while flying his shuttle service. (1980s) He was alone. They jacked it up, installed new prop and it was flown home. Around this time a bright red MU 2 landed at his home field to pick up a passenger. Landed gear up, many sparks , etc. ( I watched it land.) it was also jacked up, gear lowered and flown out. The FBO remarked " after 25000hours I finally did it." I flew with him several times and he also checked me out in my Stearman. In the commander he was a real pro. Lots of hot gas opinions here. Press on.

:rolleyes:

Based on what? His larger than life internet persona? Hubris, the term used by Jeff, is very appropriate here.

Never say never.

May I suggest you not count your chickens before the hen lays the eggs?

Well, I'm impressed, it took longer than I suspected to degenerate to this point.

Well, I'm impressed, it took longer than I suspected to degenerate to this point.

Funny, I was just thinking the same thing.

Henning,

Do you actually know Vince in real life? All I've seen from you is a humble person with great recommendations from your work marine and aviation wise. Just curious how his idea of you came from?

Never say never.

May I suggest you not count your chickens before the hen lays the eggs?

Never. And I tell you why. I am not a super pilot. I don't pretend to be. I'm a pretty average pilot and use my checklists and have a process because I don't want to rely on my instincts and "natural ability". Like I said the process which I always follow 100% including during my hectic arrival into Oshkosh works. Others here have said the same thing.

Henning,

Do you actually know Vince in real life? All I've seen from you is a humble person with great recommendations from your work marine and aviation wise. Just curious how his idea of you came from?

Well, since you never know who you know in a basically anonymous setting, I am not sure, but I doubt we have met. Some people are just *******s, it's part of nature typically tied to personal insecurities. My bet is Vince is shorter than 5'4 though.

Henning,

Oh god. Henning humble?

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Well, since you never know who you know in a basically anonymous setting, I am not sure, but I doubt we have met. Some people are just *******s, it's part of nature typically tied to personal insecurities. My bet is Vince is shorter than 5'4 though.

6'3"

I'm surprised you didn't mention penis size. That usually comes next.

Well, since you never know who you know in a basically anonymous setting, I am not sure, but I doubt we have met..

Then the personal attacks against you are quite unnecessary. I have no doubt that you understand that being well rested prior to flying will be a priority now. Just like when I had my prop strike----I will now never force the plane onto the runway.

I'm surprised you didn't mention penis size. That usually comes next.

Oh geez. I'm like a baby down there.

8 lbs, 20 inches!

Oh god. Henning humble?

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

And how have you deduced that he isn't? Where do you get such a negative mindset of him from? I haven't seen him doing personal attacks...even when he had chances.

Then the personal attacks against you are quite unnecessary. I have no doubt that you understand that being well rested prior to flying will be a priority now. Just like when I had my prop strike----I will now never force the plane onto the runway.

Really, that is what the FAA is looking to assure, that you understand your error, because a person who understands their mistake is unlikely to repeat it.

Former corsair pilot in big war. FBO ( esn) with thousands of hours in bonanzas and aero commanders, etc. the only person to have flown all the rockefeller brothers in one plane, a shrikecommander.( On their recommendation Eisenhower bought one for his personal use. ) years later, Finally gear upped the bonanza at national airport while flying his shuttle service. (1980s) He was alone. They jacked it up, installed new prop and it was flown home. Around this time a bright red MU 2 landed at his home field to pick up a passenger. Landed gear up, many sparks , etc. ( I watched it land.) it was also jacked up, gear lowered and flown out. The FBO remarked " after 25000hours I finally did it." I flew with him several times and he also checked me out in my Stearman. In the commander he was a real pro. Lots of hot gas opinions here. Press on.

Never. And I tell you why. I am not a super pilot. I don't pretend to be. I'm a pretty average pilot and use my checklists and have a process because I don't want to rely on my instincts and "natural ability". Like I said the process which I always follow 100% including during my hectic arrival into Oshkosh works. Others here have said the same thing.

Never say never. :nono:

And how have you deduced that he isn't? Where do you get such a negative mindset of him from? I haven't seen him doing personal attacks...even when he had chances.

Oh I've been the recipient of personal attacks from him years past under a different ID. No I'm not going to post the link for your amusement. To the point where big windbags like him and a few others around here made me not want to be on these forums and I was not for many years.

I'm sure he is so beloved around here that soon I will be silenced.

:rofl:

And I don't give a damn. I don't have some fictitious internet persona to protect.

Last edited:
Post a pick of your medical or you standing next to a plane.

Dude you don't get it, do you? I don't pretend to be a super human like you do. What does my height have to do with anything? So what if I were short? Nothing wrong with that.

To you that kind of nonsense is important. Not to me.

Dude you don't get it, do you? I don't pretend to be a super human like you do. What does my height have to do with anything? So what if I were short? Nothing wrong with that.

To you that kind of nonsense is important. Not to me.

You display all the signs of "short man's complex".

Doesn't appear to be expert advice to me. He is giving his opinion based on his experience.

That's the way I read his comment too. Vince---I am sorry you dislike him, perhaps one day you will let things go :dunno:

Doesn't appear to be expert advice to me. He is giving his opinion based on his experience. Unlike you (my guess is) his experience now tells him; "Never say never." :D

Why didn't you fight back Henning's "attack" before he made a mistake? Do you always like to kick a guy when he is down?

Unlike you most here realize you will get your ass handed to you once in a while. Seems your "online persona" needs protecting or your wouldn't be here. :nono:

So your comments really have nothing to do with the situation, you just smell blood and want your pound of flesh. Petty, vindictive "little" girl attitude, IMHO.

Last edited:
I have to agree with you.. From your posts in this thread and others.. You do sound pretty average..

Based on your persona I am 100% sure that I would trust Hennings advise and actions over yours!

Nicely played sir!

I've never met a Vince I liked. :no:

A necessary part of the human condition is a great capacity for justification.
It will never happen to me," it always happens to the other guy. I wont get cancer but the other guy might, I wont die of a heart attack or in a car wreck or a plane crash or whatever but the other guy might. If we didn't make these daily justifications many people wouldn't leave the house but would lay at home in the fetal position awaiting their impending doom.

Flying is no different nobody thinks the bad stuff will ever happen to them but history tells us we are all human and all imperfect. So my view is learn from my screw ups and other peoples too and hope the screw ups I do make aren't irrecoverable.

If your going to crunch metal doing it without crunched flesh is a pretty good outcome at the end of the day.

Why didn't you fight back Henning's "attack" before he made a mistake? Do you always like to kick a guy when he is down?

Unlike you most here realize you will get your ass handed to you once in a while. Seems your "online persona" needs protecting or your wouldn't be here. :nono:

So your comments really have nothing to do with the situation, you just smell blood and want your pound of flesh. Petty, vindictive "little" girl attitude, IMHO.

Nope. That is not why. I just found it incredibly ironic that POA's super pilot geared up going to Oshkosh.

Other than that I don't care about Henning. His recent actions (including impulsive way he handled this situation just giving up his certificate without even a whimper) pretty much confirms what I have always thought of him.

I really don't care.

And there are plenty more fake windbags here. Let this be a lesson for all of you too.

What kind of person (trouble maker) has to leave an Internet forum and come back years later with a new screen name? And now 80 posts in it is already going down hill again! Maybe your third screen name will work out better. Good luck.

Lets see, there were all the personas of "Pete" that have been banned and Bernath.

You display all the signs of "short man's complex".

Isn't this your second 709 ride now? You should've taken my advice and not waxed your plane and taken that time to either read your POH or get going to Oshkosh earlier. Best be getting back to Italy to wash some boats now.

Well bye bye everyone I will no longer be posting under this ID.

I'm laughing my f*cking ass off! The great Henning turns out to be an incompent bumbling fool who gave up her certificate like a little girl because the nice inspector said so.

Isn't this your second 709 ride now? You should've taken my advice and not waxed your plane and taken that time to either read your POH or get going to Oshkosh earlier. Best be getting back to Italy to wash some boats now.

Nope, first. I'll arrive in Italy to a clean boat, the crew keeps it that way.

Nope. That is not why. I just found it incredibly ironic that POA's super pilot geared up going to Oshkosh.

Other than that I don't care about Henning. His recent actions (including impulsive way he handled this situation just giving up his certificate without even a whimper) pretty much confirms what I have always thought of him.

I really don't care.

And there are plenty more fake windbags here. Let this be a lesson for all of you too.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Priceless. :yes:

Well bye bye everyone I will no longer be posting under this ID.

I'm laughing my f*cking ass off! The great Henning turns out to be an incompent bumbling fool who gave up her certificate like a little girl because the nice inspector said so.

Why do they (does he) always announce his last post under a specific id?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back