How to delete this thread

It’s been eons since my PPL, but this seems very easy. I’ll hold off in case I made a mistake.

I mean, blast me if I’m wrong, but don’t winds get weaker closer to ground? In addition that would reduce coriollis ??

The wind speed is the give away.

Could be a troll.

I mean, blast me if I’m wrong, but don’t winds get weaker closer to ground? In addition that would reduce coriollis ??

The wind speed is the give away.

Could be a troll.
Probably not a troll, but I suspect not a US test. I don't recall formally learning this as a rule of thumb.

Your memory is accurate, though. The answer is (d). Surface friction reduces both wind speed and coriolis effect, so (d) has to be the answer.

Probably not a troll, but I suspect not a US test. I don't recall formally learning this as a rule of thumb.

Your memory is accurate, though. The answer is (d). Surface friction reduces both wind speed and coriolis effect, so (d) has to be the answer.
Yeah, I’ve never seen a format like that.
Then again, in my day there wasn’t any other format than ASA and possibly Gliem.

It’s a UK test.
I did the ground school about ten months ago and took a break due to some reasons and forgot it. But now i remembered. Thanks

May I be correct with troll??

It’s a UK test.
I did the ground school about ten months ago and took a break due to some reasons and forgot it. But now i remembered. Thanks
UK guy Okay, thank you for the explanation.

It answers a lot of questions on my part.

It’s a UK test.
You are welcome. And for what it is worth, there is no reason to delete the thread. It might be useful to someone down the line, even if Kritchlow is a stick in the mud.

You are welcome. And for what it is worth, there is no reason to delete the thread. It might be useful to someone down the line, even if Kritchlow is a stick in the mud.
Huh??? I simply asked the question that is made in MANY threads.

I welcome new comers and reject your constant negativity toward me.

I’m truly sorry if I labeled someone as a troll when they should not have been.

Greg, just to make things 100% clear. I NEVER wanted the thread defeated. I am posting via iPhone and I may have hit the very small delete button inadvertently. I think you’ll notice there was never a reason given. It was totally inadvertent.

Huh??? I simply asked the question that is made in MANY threads.

I welcome new comers and reject your constant negativity toward me.

I’m truly sorry if I labeled someone as a troll when they should not have been.
It did seem kind of premature to start slinging the troll label. It was a pretty straightforward question, whereas trolling generally is meant to get people riled up. Like “I want to do my night cross country for my PPL solo because I’ll be doing a lot of night flying, but my instructor won’t sign me off, is he milking me”?

That rarely stops some from labeling as a troll, a potential new member with a question.

So, does anyone think AoA should be required like Adsb is now?........

Dude, you need a much thicker skin around here. Sometimes the people asking if it's a troll are trolling, then get trolled by people saying they are trolling...…. and so on.

Dude, you need a much thicker skin around here. Sometimes the people asking if it's a troll are trolling, then get trolled by people saying they are trolling...…. and so on.
Just out of curiosity, dude,
Which dude are you talking to?

It’s a UK test.
I think I came across it once. It's a rule of thumb specifically applicable to surface vs 2000 AGL. Going from 2000 AGL to surface, it's half the wind and 30 degrees clockwise. And it's really just a guestimate since the actual numbers depend a lot on what is on the ground. More ground friction with tall buildings; less with farmland. Just a guess, but it probably goes back to a time when airports, particularly nontowered ones, didn't have reliable wind information. So you used the winds aloft to get a general idea what they might be.

...and no need to delete the thread. All questions are welcome here. We might even learn something from the questions asked in other countries.

I think I came across it once. It's a rule of thumb specifically applicable to surface vs 2000 AGL. Going from 2000 AGL to surface, it's half the wind and 30 degrees clockwise. And it's really just a guestimate since the actual numbers depend a lot on what is on the ground. More ground friction with tall buildings; less with farmland. Just a guess, but it probably goes back to a time when airports, particularly nontowered ones, didn't have reliable wind information. So you used the winds aloft to get a general idea what they might be.

...and no need to delete the thread. All questions are welcome here. We might even learn something from the questions asked in other countries.

This has been very helpful. Thanks.

Back