How much to rent an Enterprise vehicle for 2 days?

DMD3.

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
DMD3.
Has anyone ever rented a vehicle from Enterprise? Next weekend I'm planning on flying into KHEG (Herlong Recrational in Jacksonville Fl.) and plan to rent the cheapest, smallest and most fuel efficient car they have for two days and was wondering what it might cost.

I plan to rent it for 48 hours (from noon on Friday and return it at noon on Sunday). I'll either drive to Callahan or Hilliard and then let it stay parked (I'm visiting friends of the family) until time to return to the airport. I'm not sure if they charge my mileage or not.

Check their website to get a quote and for current rates in the city you'll be picking up in. Last time I was in Vegas I used Enterprise and if I recall correctly it was roughly 40$/day and unlimited miles, plus the miscellaneous fee's and taxes for a compact 4 door (Toyota Corolla I believe it was).

I wonder if they have a website that can answer that...?

....and maybe there could be another website that would check lots of other websites that offer travel deals... we could name it after a small boat....

For a less snarky answer, plan on $100 for two days and then enjoy when it's less.

....and maybe there could be another website that would check lots of other websites that offer travel deals... we could name it after a small boat....

For a less snarky answer, plan on $100 for two days and then enjoy when it's less.
Some folks just need additional support and guidance. ;)

My roommate is a customer service rep for enterprise. He says depending on location of pickup you can get the weekend special of $10 a day. There is a 300 mile limit though.

I'e rented from Enterprise from coast to coast. Most of their locations are really nice. Keep in mind if you flying in and renting for a weekend, they are closed on Sunday, hence another day rental. Renting from a major terminal is another whole deal.

They are usually on the cheaper side. You'll easily spend less than $100. It's probably easier just to call them and see what kind of quote you get.

Here's Enterprise's website so you can get a quote online: https://www.enterprise.com/en/home.html

I usually just call and they will arrange a rate that is sometimes less than the website. My last rental from Enterprise was a Mustang Convertible that I rented for $49 a day + taxes.

I'e rented from Enterprise from coast to coast. Most of their locations are really nice. Keep in mind if you flying in and renting for a weekend, they are closed on Sunday, hence another day rental. Renting from a major terminal is another whole deal.
I've rented from Enterprise when flying into airports where nothing else is available (pretty common, I've found). They have typically had an arrangement with the FBO to drop and pick up there. I rarely deal with an Enterprise employee at the airport and just pick up and drop off at the FBO. When renting online, I've had to reserve through Monday due to the Sunday closure, but have usually turned the car into the FBO Sunday, and only been charged for my usage dates. So, on a recent one, we flew to visit family, reserved Friday to Monday, but were only charged Friday to Sunday.

Last edited:
Here's Enterprise's website so you can get a quote online: https://www.enterprise.com/en/home.html

I usually just call and they will arrange a rate that is sometimes less than the website. My last rental from Enterprise was a Mustang Convertible that I rented for $49 a day + taxes.
Sometimes the FBO has a discount, sometimes not so much. I usually check the FBO first, then compare with online. I've see substantial pricing differences in both directions.

Airnav says Hertz and Avis available
http://airnav.com/airport/KHEG

Your Q about Enterprise - I have spent from 20$/day to 200$/a few hours. It depends upon their supply and the situational demand. The highest I have spent was during Austin Texas' Grand Prix.

I didn't know Priceline was a boat I learn so much here!

Your Q about Enterprise - I have spent from 20$/day to 200$/a few hours. It depends upon their supply and the situational demand.
This. Even when renting at the same location, prices can vary widely, depending on their car supply and various other reasons I haven't been able to determine. So it's not an answer anyone here can give the OP.

Went to the website but it didn't say.
It's on the front page...how can you miss it?!
Fill out the required fields just like buying an airline ticket. :dunno:

Couple comments.

First of all, I have had very good experience with asking the FBO for rentals in advance. They'll often get you as good a rate as can be gotten (but ask first!).

Secondly, Enterprise trick: when you book on their website, when you tell it what city and airport you want to rent from, if you also tell it "FBO" (as opposed to "airport"), the rate goes WAY up, and the program puts a cookie on your computer to remember the "rich pilot" status. First saw this when going to Pensacola, and the FBO folks swore to me that they did not get any $$ from it, and further, that they'd be perfectly happy to drive me to the big terminal to pick up the car.

My last one was free! Flew into TYS and booked with points, but had to then call to get it transferred from the terminal area to the FBO.

They will try and get you to sign up for the 20 a day insurance which isn't required (and not needed for most that have insurance on their cars that cover, check that)

They will try and get you to sign up for the 20 a day insurance which isn't required (and not needed for most that have insurance on their cars that cover, check that)
Good point. It all depends on if your personal policy covers rental vehicles, same with Uhaul's. If it gets damaged while in your possession, you're required to pay upfront upon return for the damage and then you'll have to go back to your insurer for reimbursement.

Last edited:
I usually pay with Amex Platinum thinking they also offer a layer of insurance. True?

I usually pay with Amex Platinum thinking they also offer a layer of insurance. True?

Maybe, but Texas law, your own liability insurance also covers.

Edit: the credit card insurance only kicks in after your own insurance is consumed. May also cover your deductible (if any).

Good point. It all depends on if your personal policy covers rental vehicles, same with Uhaul's. If it gets damaged while in your possession, you're required to pay upfront upon return for the damage and then you'll have to go back to your insurer for reimbursement.

The rental company will also charge you loss of use while their car is being repaired, so check if your personal policy covers loss of use.

I had an experience with Enterprise where the car was the victim of a hit and run while parked in a parking lot. This was a personal, not a business rental. There was an obvious dent in the rear bumper. When I returned the car they immediately charged my credit card the deductible on my auto insurance policy. I was able to recover this from my credit card company. The bill I got from Enterprise included a number of days "loss of use" which made the bill for repairing/replacing a bumper pretty large. I turned everything in to State Farm. They either paid or negotiated the claim and I never heard anything about it again.

Check with your affiliated cards to see if you can get a better deal. AOPA, EAA, citi cards, Chase visa, aarp, etc......

Back